• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Smash Hitting Twice

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm sure this has happened to you guys a bunch but maybe it's just a random occurrence.

I saw a bunch of people saying Falcon's down smash could never ever hit twice, but I have it saved on a replay. It was against a CPU, so it might be some crazy issue with their weird smash DI, but my downsmash hit a Marth with both kicks.

Has this happened to any of you before?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
it happens to me to
only at low percentages though (referring to the opponents percent offcourse)

Tenki

Smash Hero
it happens if you're like, directly inside the opponent or if they SDI towards you at low %'s.

You should see the IC version, they get like 40 damage or more out of theirs lol

Did anyone notice D-smash causing tripping? It's happened a few times when I tried killing someone, and instead they fall over and trip (forced trip). It's the first time that I've felt that they screwed up on adding the forced-trip feature onto attacks, since it's... well... a killing move.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
I did once when a mario caped me
Here in lies the key, this happens majority of the time (for me at least) when you hit the opponent while you're facing away from them, only if they're close enough. This could be the foot sweeping them forward, then bringing them backward for both "kicks"

Wogrim

Smash Lord
It's almost impossible to do unless someone's rolling/dashing through you, and I've had double hits at high percents but they don't seem as strong. I showed it in my "Epic Footage 3" video hitting for 31% damage (I think it was 31 I'm not gonna go check), but I guess you missed it.

Top Bottom