• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles tactical disscusion and strategy

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Speaking of ledge-camping... If a ledge grab limit gets instituted, will it affect doubles, and if so, then what's the next best way to play a 2v1?

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm talking about mid match, when your opponent has just died. Forcing yourself into a 2v1 when you can camp for a bit to get backup is pretty much smarter under all circumstances, unless you want to try to unleash a really powerful/quick move like the waft while your partner is out of the way.

Half the teams ***** happen when one partner is separated and the other gets quickly double teamed.
yeah, but there is more to 2v1 than that. :/

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
lol its in the quote light.....i need tips for snake and TL on a team....but i guess i shouldnt be asking since i should be asking in the snake boards.

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
I think the most important part of doubles is knowing your partner in and out. If you know exactly what your partner is going to do, you can work around it and avoid unnecessary FF. My buddy and I plan on doing a Marth/Shiek combo for our upcoming doubles. His best character isn't shiek, it's Lucario, but we have been playing Marth and Shiek for 6+ years, and we know each other through and through.

It also never hurst to set up for team combos. They aren't often useful but in a pinch they can help out. Characters like G&W, ness, Lucas can do some nice things if given that split second opprotunity to support attack each other. Doesn't work too often but it is fun, and it gets you props. A Ness/Lucas team doesn't go too far in tourneys, but people love seeing others do these cool things jsut for the fun of it.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Regardless of character, lets talk about types here.

Lets say we have two tanks on one team versus a tank and an attacker. Theoretically, would the two tank team do better or worse?

And if we have to put names on it, lets say
D3 and Snake vs Pikachu and DK?

Top Bottom