• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Doubles for the next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I'm sure more players than just myself have been wondering will doubles be moved into a main event like singles is, and have proper seeding and prizes for the top 16 teams?

If we could push to have this added to the circuit it would be absolutely amazing

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wouldn't there be some difficulty with people switching team mates each event? Which would screw up the significance of the points IMO.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Well I know the idea isn't too kosher among smashers, but we could end up keeping the same partner for the entire season to accumulate and keep the points system from being hectic.

But we could also split the points earned in half maybe to award each member on the team.

Just some thoughts on the idea

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
It's not a problem at all. All you have to do is treat it like halo. The points will be accumulated to a "team" not the individual player. A team will have a team captain and they will be in charge of who they want their partner to be. So that fact that a team will have points will hopefully influence people to stay on the same team.

Good idea Kadaj. I'm definitely down for this

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, has doubles been popular at the MLG events? I assume almost everyone that does singles does doubles... but that's just how I feel about going to a national. May as well pay that extra $10 to do doubles :)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
WORD ON THE STREET: Kadaj wants doubles to be a main event, 'cause him and Tearbear kinda' ***** in DC.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
You're right. A more hyped, more lucrative doubles event would definitely draw in more entrants and spectators and that's exactly what Brawl needs.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if it means having doubles on friday and singles on saturday-sunday, then im all for it (then i can actually go to more than 2 MLGs)

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Points should go individually so that way teams can stay together (and most likely benefit from it), but aren't locked into the same team all season, like with every other game on the circuit. You can change teams in Halo and bring your seeding points with you.

I just wouldn't get your hopes up on a second season of MLG Brawl.

Machiave

Smash Rookie
I just wouldn't get your hopes up on a second season of MLG Brawl.

(Sigh)
I hope we get to stay on. It'd be a shame if we didn't (especially since I have to skip Dallas for lack of funds). We have the second biggest hype there (behind Halo, obviously) so maybe MLG will keep us around.
Maybe.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
It probably wont happen. I mean were fighting for brawl singles alone to make a comeback -_-
True, but we've still had more singles entrants than all the other "side" tournaments(Tekken 6, Starcraft). The only other game I could see replacing us is maybe SSF4, because that game would most likely cap out EACH event. They might want to take off Brawl because it is "kid" friendly, but who knows.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
True, but we've still had more singles entrants than all the other "side" tournaments(Tekken 6, Starcraft). The only other game I could see replacing us is maybe SSF4, because that game would most likely cap out EACH event. They might want to take off Brawl because it is "kid" friendly, but who knows.
capcom doesnt want ssf4 @ mlg.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion

This doesn't really matter as much as people think. While we do out number other events they have more room to do stuff with games like tekken and so fourth. Both tekken and sc2 have live stream provided and support from game creators unlike nintendo is giving for smash. As well as both tekken and sc2 are bringing in international players from Korea and such Which in the long run means alot more to a bigger company such as mlg which is understandable. And I'd also like I point out that I think sc2 capped twice already if I'm not mistaken? So they may get rid of smash to make a bigger venue space for sc2 and keep tekken for international publicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom