• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles: Favorite Comps?

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
Hey there, SWF! My cousin and I are looking to get into doubles play and are working on our team play right now. We have been messing around with comps and are having a lot of fun playing.

While messing around with character combos, I was wondering about what other people play and what they find fun, or just successful. My cousin and I have settled on Olimar+Lucario, which we are having a blast with.

So how about you, SWF? What comps do you guys enjoy? Let's try and have a little variety and try not to spam MK+Snake or ZSS+GW. : P

Vermy

Smash Champion
Heya Megapants =D

Kirby goes well with PT. Watergun your team mate while they're inhaling and you have a inhale-cannon. Then again, Kirby goes well with anyone. Same as Yoshi.

Ness/Lucas and Charizard/Bowser. Flamethrower into psi magnet is awesome.

Captain Falcon/Zelda and Ivysaur. Knee of Justice/Lightning Kick while the opponent is trapped in a bullsh*tseed.

Snake and Pikachu do really well, as they both can control the stage with explosives and thunder.

Ismael

Smash Ace
Heya Megapants =DCaptain Falcon/Zelda and Ivysaur. Knee of Justice/Lightning Kick while the opponent is trapped in a bullsh*tseed.
All your ideas are sorta "meh", but that one is win!

Have a partner charge a strong attack like an fsmash while facing opponents. (who will be spacing themselves back and waiting out the charge in hopes of punishing afterwards). Then have Mario be behind partner and then FLUDD. Your opponents are in for a BIG surprise.

What's scarier then a moving Snake fsmash? Nothing.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
All your ideas are sorta "meh", but that one is win!

Have a partner charge a strong attack like an fsmash while facing opponents. (who will be spacing themselves back and waiting out the charge in hopes of punishing afterwards). Then have Mario be behind partner and then FLUDD. Your opponents are in for a BIG surprise.

What's scarier then a moving Snake fsmash? Nothing.
LOL someone actually did this to me online. It was our team, Wario and Marth, vs. our opponent's Mario and Luigi. I was alone and Luigi was charging an fsmash away from me. I wtfed and waited to punish, but got FLUDDed into it and died ._.

My favourite teams are Wario and Wario or Wario and Marth, they're both pretty effective and good. Although the latter can be a bit painful when spacing is messed up @_@

Jon?

Smash Champion
Me and a friend came back from a tourny this past weekend with a Kriby-Snake comp team. It has always been my favorite comp and works quite well. Being able to control the ground game with Snake and the air game with Kirby is quite sick.

In the case of Snake getting gimped (ie no c4 recovery b/c it is planted), Kirby can do his B-move to swallow him up and spit him back up, letting him get another recovery while receiving very little damage. I was once able to stage spike someone by sending a Snake "projectile" at the ledge guarder (LOL).

Having Kirby's Bair and Snakes Ftilt on the same team is ridiculous, big knockback = easy kills. Kirbycides at high percentages also helps ease the pain in the matchup if done on a low percentage opponent, it is basically taking away their stock, since yours has almost expired due to high percentages.

Some unique team strategies we have done were:
- Swallow and spit opponent into Snake's Ftilt/Utilt
-Plant C4 on Kirby and have Kirby run into opponents for easy kills/dmg!
-Snake's Utilts into Kirby's rock
-Snake's Dthrow to Kirby's charged Fsmash

These were just combos/strategies me and my friend used during the tournament. I believe Kirby/Snake or Kirby/MK is probably one of the better team comps out there (almost as broken as Holy Pally/DK in last season XD)

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
Ness& Lucas team is a lot of fun. So many silly combos you can pull off. Double PK Thunder Mindgames. Psi Magnet shenanigans. People don't see it coming.

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
Heya Megapants =D

Captain Falcon/Zelda and Ivysaur. Knee of Justice/Lightning Kick while the opponent is trapped in a bullsh*tseed.
OH HAI VERMIIS! Nice new icon, by the by.

This is quite awesome. This also works well with Lucas/Ness. PK flash/freeze during BS is quite hilarious as well.

Ismael said:
This is also quite awesome. Squirtle can do this too! Tcranter and Meteor Master did it in a recent tournament. Quite shocking.

BombermanFanatic said:
Ness& Lucas team is a lot of fun. So many silly combos you can pull off. Double PK Thunder Mindgames. Psi Magnet shenanigans. People don't see it coming.
Once again, PT is a great contender in this situation (PT is so awesome :D). Ness/Lucas plus Charizard can easily heal some damage. Tcranter and Meteor also do this a lot. Quite evil. Haha.

Jon? said:
These were just combos/strategies me and my friend used during the tournament. I believe Kirby/Snake or Kirby/MK is probably one of the better team comps out there (almost as broken as Holy Pally/DK in last season XD)
Those combos sound like a lot of fun. I think Snake's C4 to Kirby's rock would be better than just plain suicide bombing. Rock->Snake U-tilt->C4=Dead. :D Also, lolol at WoW reference.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Those combos sound like a lot of fun. I think Snake's C4 to Kirby's rock would be better than just plain suicide bombing. Rock->Snake U-tilt->C4=Dead. :D Also, lolol at WoW reference.
Once you have the C4 planted on Kirby, all Kirby has to do is run up to the opponent and the c4 will switch over to them! XD Fun stuff

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
Once you have the C4 planted on Kirby, all Kirby has to do is run up to the opponent and the c4 will switch over to them! XD Fun stuff
Oh, cool! Didn't know that! Haha.

What is the purpose of the doubles?

For the lolz?

Tournament?

Beating the $*** out of your friends?

It depends.
Any of those! Giving an example for each one would be even better!

Top Bottom