• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Vision: A team battle tournament! *ROUND 2*

Rythe

Smash Journeyman

EDIT December 13: The theme has been removed and players can use whatever character they want. The time has also been moved back to the 27th(ish) because of all the tournaments next weekend.

So after playing a few tournaments hosted here, I thought it would be fun to try hosting one myself. Here's hoping for a successful tournament! ^_^

Without further delay, I present to you...

Double Vision: A team battle tournament

The theme for this tournament is simple! There isn't one (because I erased it!). Just pick a character and use them throughout the whole tournament. This is an 8 team tourney, but I will happily go to a max of sixteen if needed. This is also a double elimination tournament, so don't give up hope if you lose a round! There are no prizes for this tournament, only fame, honor, and glory (what kind of cheap fluff is that? <_<).

Date

I'd like to do this on the weekend following Christmas, but I can be flexible about the day (or week) it's done. Just tell me when. Suggestions are appreciated. I do want to finish this in one day though, so here's a rough outline of the time schedule. The times below are in EST because that's what I'm on.

Round 1 Winner's : Ends at 3 PM
Round 2 Winner's/Round 1 Loser's: Ends at 6 PM
Round 3 Winner's/Round 2 Loser's: Ends at 9 PM
Rounds 3 Loser's->FINALS: Ends at 12 PM

Here's the real kicker about time, though: You can do your matches at any time after the brackets are set up. The times listed above are just deadlines, really. You can do any match in any round as long as both teams are ready and willing. Isn't that great?

If a team has not played their match by the deadline, I will force them to forfeit their match. If both teams for a match are no shows, then I'll disqualify both. Whichever team reports to me after the disqualification first will win that match, but they will automatically lose the next match and go to the loser's bracket.

Rules

-3 stock
-No time limit
-No items
-Best 2/3 wins the round (3/5 for finals)
-Life stealing is allowed
-Team Attack is ON
-Stalling is banned
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned
-Chaingrabbing, infinites, and spamming are allowed. In the case of infinites, you can only use them if the opponent is under 250%, after which you must stop.
-Lag is a part of online, so you must endure it no matter how bad it is. Feel free to complain, though. :laugh:
-On that note, I don't want any flaming/trolling in here. Take it outside.

Stages

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks

Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

Everything else is BANNED.

The two teams must agree to a starter stage. The loser of the first match will then choose their counterpick stage. And so on, and so on...you know the drill. Inform your opponents of your counterpick before fighting to ensure no mishaps. In the case of a banned stage, I will allow it as a counterpick if both teams unanimously agree to fight there.

Signing up

It's easy! Sign up now with a membership fee of $19.95...Uhh, just kidding. <_<

To sign up, tell me your SWF name and your partner's SWF name, the character you'll both be using, your team name, and your preferred team color. I'll assume your friend codes are in your profiles. If not, then what are you waiting for?!

1. :wolf: Rythe / :zelda::shiek: thesilentmarth (TSM): Red Hot Raptors

2. :yoshi2: miamisportsfan45 (MSF) / :rob: Burn: Egg-Virus

3. :ike: Ricky / :ness2: Sup?: Fire Bound

4. :pit: blankvi (Blank) / :marth: ZondaFreak (ZONDA): ZBL

5. :yoshi2: Zeckle (Brawl tag?) / :popo: rockcrab100 (Tom): Frozen Dragon

6. :rob: Shadowfirex100 (SDWFE) / :snake: kai3345 (Mario): Shadow-Snake100's

7. :toonlink: BandGeek414 (BGeek) / :link2: BandGeek14's little sister (LinkM): Link-Masters

8. :lucas: Luur3 (Brawl tag?) / :olimar: mcmuff1nman (Brawl tag?): Earthbound Pikmin

I'll go to a maximum of sixteen slots if necessary depending on how signups go.

Bracket

Here's the bracket. http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=302692

Lastly...

Good luck to all of you. Now get out there and show us what you're made of! :)

PM me if you have questions.

And if there's anything missing, I blame Internet Explorer. I had all of this typed out before, but before I posted it IE crapped out on me. It took me about an hour, too. I have since pledged myself to Firefox. May IE rot in digital hell. :)

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Is two to one Wii allowed? If so.. sign me up!

Name: MSF
Partner's name (from same Wii): Burn
FC: 0688-4932-1833
Characters: Yoshi & R.O.B.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'll join. Ricky and Mr.Saturn as a team. We'll be under the same Wii since it's someone I know. By the way, he just joined so I guess he'll clarify that when he log's in.

Ricky and Mr.Saturn, my character Ike, his Ness. In game names: Mine Ricky, his Sup? Team name Fire Bound. (Mix of both games) Team color, shall be Blue. Wii FC is under mine. That should be about all.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Oh... okay then... not half blue half green? xD

Whatever color the team I play wants to be, I'll be the opposite color. Blue>Green>Red though.

blankvi

Smash Ace
put me and ZondaFreak down

ill edit this later with our team name / chars

EDIT: Ill be using Wario , and he'll be using Marth

K

kai3345

Do we need to pick a partner or does Rythe choose I would like to join.
3437-2729-0625
Name=Falcon

K

kai3345

Ok me and Shadowfirex100
Shadowfirex100-ROB
Me-Snake
Shadow-Snake100's
Red

Top Bottom