• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Dair - An online Smash64 Tournament (with cash prizes) SIGN-UPS CLOSED

Mahie

Smash Lord
Yes, so far this and the ladder are the two online events that will be used for online elo's. I know you are using a ridiculous framage for this, maybe I can call you eightframemahie or something lol.
I was just curious and not really complaining tbh, but that sounds like a cool challenge haha.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Yeah record, definitely. And if none of you want to upload it, send me the krecs and I'll record the playback (although I told SQ this several times and he never sent me anything).
Everyone wants to see this match guys so make sure you record.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
how do you do this

and yes nintendude
-Use owna's client
-check "record game" box
-Open pj64k folder and go to "records" folder
-you will see .krec files
-copy them and send them to whoever wants to record them

If you want to record them yourself you would:

-Use owna's client
-check "record game" box
-exit kaillera and you will see it says "change mode" next to the ping spoof box
-change mode to "playback"
-double click on a file and the match will begin playing back
-record with fraps or another screen recorder

Battlecow

Play to Win
**** wait bane is zack? Wow, I did not know this, but I feel like I already heard it somewhere before. That actually makes a TON of sense though. But wait I thought he played with Xbox controller or something...?

It's a little bizarre how little I know about top level play considering how interested in it I am

If it is Zack then he's the supposed favorite, but he's never really played tourneys before and this would be a great chance for SK to prove that he's continued rising towards boom-level. According to hangers-on and (I believe) himself he's definitively better than Jaime even.

And I might get to play one of them in bracket. This is dope.

My feelings for all three of those guys are super confusing greg :rolleyes:

The Star King

Smash Hero
You heard it in the Player Tier List thread

I'm not definitively better than Jaime lol

He 3-0'd my Yoshi fair and square in MATTS!'s tourney

though my Fox is undefeated vs him :troll:

Also I might actually have to practice and get into shape since people are hyping this up for some reason, **** you guys ;P

Sangoku

Smash Master
If you want to get into shape with high delay, I'm here ;P

Seriously though, can you host p2p? I wonder what we'd get with LIBRARY NET

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Are we thinking of the same Zack here? The Zack I'm thinking of is pretty good but I didn't know he still plays actively and I also didn't think he would be a top online player.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Used to also go by James Franco. And yea he's filthy. I always thought he was better than star king tbh.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Used to also go by James Franco. And yea he's filthy. I always thought he was better than star king tbh.
lol yeah that's the same Zack. He's the one that taught me how to play online back in like 2006 and pretty much got me started with this game competitively. I thought he semi-quit but I guess I was wrong.

Battlecow

Play to Win
lol yeah that's the same Zack. He's the one that taught me how to play online back in like 2006 and pretty much got me started with this game competitively. I thought he semi-quit but I guess I was wrong.
His one friend and to a lesser extent him used to talk about how he was way better than Jaime and all this. I remember being in an isai stream and chatting with some peeps about it.

Real casual approach to it all, hence the slew of aliases, but supposedly good as well. I never gave him credit for it but IDK maybe he'll prove something now

Sangoku

Smash Master
I think his friend said he would be at isai level if they played on low delay or something like that. It was on the same stream chat I guess.

M!nt

Smash Champion
As much as i'd love for bane to lose and star king to win. Bane is gonna win, it's not gonna be as close as many of you are expecting no offense star king c:

kys

Smash Ace
I'm genuinely surprised at how little people know about Bane. He's also gone under aliases like a big, fat southern cat and the Joker. I think he's even used some character names from game of thrones. And we all know he loves Mint.

He's super good. I've played Bane a lot more than Star King (although nothing recently), but Bane felt a little better. But this game is all about styles and matchups so WHO KNOWS?

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Matches that need to happen before weekend is done:

hipstur vs Jesusv2

MrMarbles vs Mason Storm

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Jeno plays the loser of hipstur vs jesusv2. The winner of that match then plays Wilde.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i have already scheduled to play jesusv2, but was not able to tonight(when scheduled). Hopefully tomorrow we will play.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Near I saw a bunch of instances where you could have continued a combo, probably to death, with another upair (may need to fast fall some of them). But instead you just naired and he got back to the stage.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I'm so tired of watching Pikachu's on Dreamland.

That online DI too... I'm starting to see what you mean Sheer. Assuming Dexter uses a KB that is.

Good matches though Morino and Dexter

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dex just has smart DI lol. He uses a hori. Nothing to do with online.

People with bad DI (calling you out, sheer) like to act like that kind of DI is impossible offline. And then they're always super surprised when a player who actually works on their DI plays them offline--guess what? In this day and age you have to put in an effort and you can't take combos for granted.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Nice Falcon.

When watching the 1st match I was gonna say you needed to hug more (ex.: 1:27 of #1). But as continued to watch the set you seemed to know that already.

But in the 2nd match, at 0:22, you could've continued the combo with a Fair.
By the way, that plat drop Bair pivot was mad fast. You got the EG anyway, but I wonder if you delay the plat drop, it can serve as a surprise Bair.

And man how I'm not ready for that DI. I play in a dumb DI community.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
People with bad DI (calling you out, sheer) like to act like that kind of DI is impossible offline. And then they're always super surprised when a player who actually works on their DI plays them offline--guess what? In this day and age you have to put in an effort and you can't take combos for granted.
Not one person "surprised" me with their DI at Apex. Not you. Not anyone I played.

No one DI'ed out of my simple uptilt combos like keyboard players do. Yes people can be good at DI on console. But in my experience it's nowhere near the level of keyboard players.

And I've played some pretty damn good people on console wouldn't you agree?

Wait no don't answer that, this is the wrong thread to get into this lol.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Scared King I guess. And after watching matches from The recent american tourneys, I must say **** pika on DL. So many matches were The better player loses because pika can just Get a grab near The Edge. Pika should Get banned on DL.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
lol2deep4u
if you don't agree with what Clubba said, you're legitimizing johns and scrubs. In this case: "I lost to grabby characters on DL, pff. but that doesn't count."

Top Bottom