• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I play dota 2 pretty much everyday

I have 2 accounts on steam with the game

Reneblade
Roneblaster

Feel free to add me.

:phone:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Added you :D

Anyone up for games tonight? I'm free

Lovage

Smash Hero
dude this game is so sick

didn't think i'd admit it already but there's a lot of things that are way cooler than league. going back to league feels boring after i play a few dota matches

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
It's like transitioning from checkers to chess, Brawl to Melee, fappin to human contact. There's no goin back.

You don't know what you've been missing.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

didn't think i'd admit it already but there's a lot of things that are way cooler than league. going back to league feels boring after i play a few dota matches
I love it so much.

Whats your steam?

Miharu

Smash Hero

finally

someone from pac west has seen the light

Lovage

Smash Hero
well ok, league still has things i really like about it. harder teamfights IMO, map objectives forcing fights early in the game which i havn't seen in dota (this is balanced by ganking and roaming roles being so much stronger in dota) and i'm already really good at it. but dota is slowly winning over my heart. (if the game releases without a concede function however, there's no chance i'll be playing it over league, valve is absolutely ******** if they don't put in one of those.)

things that are getting me hooked to dota

couriers: never going b ever is insanely sick, you can get so much more done on the map in dota in a period of time. in league you get stuff done until you are forced to shop for items or regeneration periodically. i'm finding that the better i get with my courier micro the more i get done. not to mention using flying courier + speed for clutch salves or dust or items you need for the incoming fight is so sick lol.

rune control: i've been playing a lot of mids and this concept alone is way more engaging than playing mid in league (getting/contesting blue buff is not even close to how rune control works.) overall really fun game concept that makes the lane phase really interesting mid (forces you both to do a tiny map objective every two minutes)

denying/last hitting mechanics: way more rewarding in dota than league. lower base damages on most heros, towers being different, early items being way different all make last hitting a lot harder/more complex in dota. denying makes the lane phase super interesting, provides a METHOD of outplaying someone in your lane, really wish league had this.

i'm def not calling myself a convert or anything, but i'm really really growing to like this game lol.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
well ok, league still has things i really like about it. harder teamfights IMO, map objectives forcing fights early in the game which i havn't seen in dota (this is balanced by ganking and roaming roles being so much stronger in dota) and i'm already really good at it. but dota is slowly winning over my heart. (if the game releases without a concede function however, there's no chance i'll be playing it over league, valve is absolutely ******** if they don't put in one of those.)
How's your mana management? Usually when players from League try out dota they run out of mana a lot. Does this part bother you at all?

Lovage

Smash Hero
well i have around 50 games played so i've gotten mostly used to it, plus i had some friends tutor me a bit on how different stuff like that is from league. that's definitely one of the things that'll make 60% of the league players quit the game on release. they just won't understand buying ****ty regen items and consumables so you can do more than two spells a minute lol. playing mids with bottle is really satisfying because being more sucessful at controlling runes means having way more mana to make plays with.

im not sure if the effect this has on the game is a good thing or a bad thing. i'm undecided. on the one hand it makes each spell use a real decision, adding a solid layer of skill behind each decision you make. on the other hand, the general lane phase will be slower (in terms of action) and big spells (high-mana cost CC's) will only come out during big exchanges or big gonks. there are barely any small, multiple-spell engages used in the lane like there are in league which are pretty tight/fun.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just had an awesome game.

Playing with my friends who aren't that good. BUT, we won while we had 4 of them in our base beating on our ancient. 1300 hp left on it. ^_^

DJRome

Smash Hero
the physical harass aspect of laning is just as important as spell based. gonna be playing tuesday night. steam id justescaper

hubble

Smash Ace
lvl1 team fights are too funny :D

cant wait till they add random draft into the matchmaking. i miss it too much.

going back to dota1 after tons of dota2 is awesome aswell.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
For a dota night which nights work best for everything

Aril 22nd,23rd,24th,25th, or 26th?

Edit:

if we have 11 i can cast and stream it

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm not really sure since I sort of get random things that come up last minute. I'm looking at 24th at the moment. Or maybe 20th when we're all baked.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
just found this thread.
I play dota at a very high level, and I have a stable team of 5 that is trying to breach the professional scene. I'm *very* down for swf inhouses. Add me to your steam guys--tomacawk is my handle. On my youtube account, http://www.youtube.com/user/lwoodyard08, I have posted a few dota videos. I'm compiling teamfights with my current team but I probably won't publicly release them (one of my teammates is a famous video editor for dota [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmHJThm0mE4 features a few of my teammates and is edited by him]...)
I will show you guys if you want to see them though.

I'm willing to train people in my free time, if you are willing to take criticism and you're fun to play with. I play primary support/ganker/initiator for my team, but I am well-versed in any role possible in the game. I have been playing for 7-8 years.

Dota 2 has the potential to rival Starcraft 2...in Valve we trust. I hope they don't blow it.

If anybody has a high skill team and you want to scrim, shoot me a PM or leave a message here.
------------

what are your favorite heroes? what heroes do you guys play best?
I have a seriously disgusting pudge. My es, vs, cm, enchantress, invoker, and wr are top notch. Pudge is unquestionably the most fun hero, though. There is no other hero I have played that can strike so much fear into the other teams' hearts. The best feeling I get is when I'm offmap and I can tell that the carry is afraid to farm because BUTCHER could be around any tree

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
My favorites are Invoker, Shadowfiend, and Tinker. :D

I love playing Shadow fiend. His midgame potential is so good. He is one of those heroes who reflects off of your skill level really well. You always have the potential to take over the game, if you're good enough.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

EVGA 03G-P3-1597-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) Classified Ultra Hydro Copper 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready

Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model KHX1866C9D3K4/16GX

AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM

Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Can this run dota2? :awesome:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Tinker veno and enchant. Last competitive I really did was cal but that was a long time ago. I played a few times on my friends team but he quite because his teammates infuriated him.

I'm at no computer til sundayish, but is love to hit you up got some games tomacawk.

:phone:

hubble

Smash Ace
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

EVGA 03G-P3-1597-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) Classified Ultra Hydro Copper 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready

Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model KHX1866C9D3K4/16GX

AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM

Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Can this run dota2? :awesome:
your better off waiting a month with lots of new stuff coming out, the prices on a lot of things are going down. unless you need something right now, i would wait. lmk if your in a hurry, i can put something together if you want but i would need a price range. intel > amd right now btw.

~~~

def want to scrim some of you guys thurs-sunday.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i played several games with rikana and it's way more fun to play in groups than solo. gonna be playing tonight and hopefully we can work out a day for inhouses

steam id is justescaper

Top Bottom