• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

hubble

Smash Ace
... go on
actually **** the crossfire... this is what i would do

fractal arc midi
any 1tb drive you prefer
crucial m4 128gb ssd
corsair tx750m
asus p8z68-v pro/gen3
i7 2600k
g.skill ripjaws x 2x4gb
GTX680
TRUE Spirit 140 for the cpu cooler
= ~1500

With the extra money, I'd grab three smaller 1080P monitors ;)

hubble

Smash Ace
laptops just seem like such a waste in comparision but i guess go with asus then...

anyone else playing in the gosugamers qualifiers this weekend?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
laptops just seem like such a waste in comparision but i guess go with asus then...

anyone else playing in the gosugamers qualifiers this weekend?
I don't have a team

Miharu

Smash Hero
How exactly does bear "counter" AM? Lycan as well?

How did DotA 1 with the full cast deal with AM?

That blink be annoying in unorganized pubs XD
both beat am 1v1 in terms of raw damage and can easily push by themselves

this is why ck annihilates am as well

void does well too

Rikana

Smash Champion
I didn't play Dota 1 all that much so I don't know all the characters. What kind of a hero is chaos knight? How does he counter am?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
he has a ranged stun (instant) that stuns for a random time between 2 and 4 seconds iirc. Critical strike and a blink attack. Ultimate is an illusion split. 1 illusion per level. I believe the illusions did full damage.

edit- oh yeah, hes a strength hero too

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The blinks a little different, it drags you and your blink target to a randomish point between the two of you.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
:( just lost a game because I couldn't reconnect to the server. Got disconnected as I was throning as syllabear.

hubble

Smash Ace
anyone up for some scrims? dota1 or 2 is your choice.
my team will be practicing from 830-9pm (eastern) tonight till saturday morning :bee:

$$$

why have you guys been so caught up on antimage... ive seen him mentioned alot in the last 2 pages (havent read anymore than that)

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Why are you so caught up on anti-mage? I've seen him mentioned in 100% of your last 1 posts.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I could talk to a few of my buddies and we can probably scrim against you. Whats your steam?

D

Deleted member

I'm going to give this game another try sometime soon. Would anyone care to play with me and give me some pointers sometime?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do I do after I gank a lane and kill someone, but can't push the tower?

I end up with no mana and end up walking back to fountain, sit there for about 10 seconds, then walk back to lane. Doubt the devs would punish you for killing someone with something that boring, intentionally. I must be doing something incorrectly.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Depends. If you're going to be ganking for quite a while should pick up some clarities/ a bottle/soul ring so that mana isn't an issue and you can gank more often. Don't forget you have a flying courier to bring you items.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Depends. If you're going to be ganking for quite a while should pick up some clarities/ a bottle/soul ring so that mana isn't an issue and you can gank more often. Don't forget you have a flying courier to bring you items.
Those seem pretty expensive for how much mana you get. I suppose sustaining off them is entirely worth it if you can get kills from them though. And I definitely don't use courier as much as I should. If I get the courier to bring me items while it's already in use, how does that interaction work? Could I potentially take items from my teammates?

This sort of thing isn't covered in the streams I've been watching, unfortunately. :/

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You'd delay the items from getting to your teammates, if its out and about you should let it finish delivering to your teammate that used it first.

Additionally you can buy TP scrolls at the side shop and tp back to your lane/to base or tp from base to lane. You shouldn't be having to run both ways 99% of the time.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Don't forget you can use your courier to fill the bottle for you if you don't get runes. Ask a support to upgrade courier to flying.

hubble

Smash Ace
Those seem pretty expensive for how much mana you get. I suppose sustaining off them is entirely worth it if you can get kills from them though.
if your playing support you should only be buying tps, regen/hp/stats, some form of boots, and chick/wards/dust/sentries/smoke. venge with agha is great but its not going to happen as the level of play gets higher and higher. think about it, you cant just place wards from the river anymore because they are getting counter warded immediately. so do you buy smoke, sentries and more wards or save for an item and drag down your team?

if your playing a hero that should be getting farm, soul ring or arcane boots is worth it aswell. a brood with sr can spam spiderlings as much as she wants to aka increasing dmg and pushing output. in any other case, you're not going to be worried about mana anyways OR you just make sure to conserve it properly.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Need to learn how to play as QoP and Shadow Shaman next. Any tips? I'll probably look up a few videos and guides to get some general insight. I wanna learn how to ward trap someone with SS's ultimate.

:phone:

Edit: randomly bumped into djrome from match making. Small world.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It doesn't really have to be an either/or situation, just play whatever you have fun with.

Dendi just played a game with 12 battlefuries on Syllabear.

Top Bottom