• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dope 6: Quick Notice Editon

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I can't do April 27/28/29 because I'll be out of town. Other than that I think I'm good-- my birthday is on the 15th, I'll be turning 57, woohoo!

Also, Onett is awesome, I approve of the addition :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Soo...April 14th is the only weekend people are free lol.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I'll come if I can get a ride.
Cool! Hylian, Rauleendium, and Fuujin all go through St. Louis so I think you should be able to.

And yeah looks like this will be on April 14th!

I think considering how FAE lost to Zelda last tournament we should do low tiers as a side event. But thats just me we can do Items if its more poopular (without Falco smashballs).

Teh Future

Smash Master
ummm I might have to cancel this =[

working schedule is messed up right now so I am needed to make pizza saturday. I am trying to get out of it LOL.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lameeeee asked off work :(.

Cook

Smash Master
Lol, I never even knew that this was happening, and now that I do know it might not be happening anyway.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Davidddd is this happening?

Teh Future

Smash Master
I will know tomorrow. I might just not go to work but i dunno if I wanna do that since Ive been making pizzas for like 4 years >_>

Edit: By tomorrow, I mean later today

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Small chance I might be coming to this if I can get like 3 people from KS to go

PM me if you want to team

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I would but I'm the worst person ever at teaming with ZSS I will just kill you lol.

Fae or David or Will want to team?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I won't be there this weekend (as evidenced by Jordan and I not teaming). I have a Pathophys exam on Monday that I need to study for. SORRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SKOOL SUXZ

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I would but I'm the worst person ever at teaming with ZSS I will just kill you lol.

Fae or David or Will want to team?
What is the ZSS nonsense you speak of?

I'm going to be using Pit

Teh Future

Smash Master
If anyone wants to come from out of town thats awesome BUT I cannot house anyone friday night because I am working at 3am saturday morning. I CAN house people saturday night if they want to stay here.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sweet I'll be there at 3am.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anti-ban: Me, Rauleen, david, todd, will, cook,

Pro ban: fuu

????: fae

...I wasn't aware you were bad at counting.

:phone:

Fuujin

Smash Champion
IMO TBQH......
Everyone probably wants him b& but they fear the absolute monarchy you have over smashboards and you probly THREATENED to BAN them if they choose to go against your opinion.

You're like the KIM JONG-IL of smashboards.

Forcing the helpless smashes to abide by your pro MK ban rules but
I WILL NOT HAVE IT cause I'm like the ROSA PARKS of smashboards and I will stand up for my rights

thats why I keep getting b& and cyber bullied by the mods

I say we need enact a MAGNA CARTA on Jordans power to stop this Tyranny.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IMO TBQH......
Everyone probably wants him b& but they fear the absolute monarchy you have over smashboards and you probly THREATENED to BAN them if they choose to go against your opinion.

You're like the KIM JONG-IL of smashboards.

Forcing the helpless smashes to abide by your pro MK ban rules but
I WILL NOT HAVE IT cause I'm like the ROSA PARKS of smashboards and I will stand up for my rights

thats why I keep getting b& and cyber bullied by the mods

I say we need enact a MAGNA CARTA on Jordans power to stop this Tyranny.
LOL. Touche...

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Anti-ban: Me, Rauleen, david, todd, will, cook,

Pro ban: fuu

????: fae

...I wasn't aware you were bad at counting.

:phone:
I don't care if he's banned or not honestly, there's a lot more characters that I'd rather not fight than MK

EDIT: Just read fujin's post

I lost it

MetalMusicMan

I wouldn't say I'm anti-ban. I wouldn't really say that I'm pro-ban either, though... bleh. Here we go.

Mostly I'm indifferent, but I always place myself in the anti-ban camp because everyone who wants him banned wants him banned for the absolute wrong reasons (because they're ******** and don't understand anything about competitive play or how to make good, objective decisions).

I don't mind MK at all, I actually really like him as a character. The issue is that every idiot on Smashboards seems to think "he's just too good" or "too many people play him" or "he makes too much money"... these are arbitrary statements that have no bearing on anything. Even if they did have any meaning whatsoever, they aren't accurate.

• Metaknight is not overpowered beyond what is normal for any fighting game.
  • Metaknight is not over-centralizing beyond what is normal for any fighting game.
  • Metaknight does not win more money beyond what is normal for any fighting game.

Yet, this is what everyone complains about. This is why everyone wants to ban him. These people are idiots. These people makeup the majority of this community. Yay. (Fuujin).

The single and only reason that MK should be banned is because of his planking/ledge invincibility abuse (literal, infinite invincibility that occurs naturally, in normal gameplay, without the abuse of a glitch or bug). At one point, I found this to be untested/unverified, so I remained firmly anti-ban. I no longer find there to be any "wiggle room" in this; he should be banned because of it and that is all that needs to happen.

...but since this community is ********, they end up having:
a) MK legal with LGL
b) MK illegal with LGL​
A Ledge Grab Limit should never exist. Both of those "solutions" are stupid because MK is the only character that breaks the ledge on a game-wide level. All other planking only screws over certain characters (i.e. Falco), and there is no "balance" issue with that. It's totally fine. The game does not need a Ledge Grab Limit, it's absurd that we even try to enforce one. But let's say that the game or a character did, here are the options:

• One character needs a Ledge Grab Limit --> Ban that character
  • Some characters need Ledge Grab Limits --> either ban them all, or submit to the fact that only this handful of characters is viable. Both answers are acceptable, but the path of least change is always the most desirable. Therefore, the best decision is to do nothing.
  • All characters (and thus the game itself) need a ledge grab limit --> Stop playing the game because it's terrible. Yes, this is a serious statement. No, it does not apply to the game.

I would actually love to play the game with MK banned AND no LGL, but everyone wants to keep the LGL with MK banned because they're ****ing ********.

If people stopped using LGL and banned MK for the right reason, I'd be pro-ban. But almost no one wants to ban him for the right reason, they want to ban him because "too many people use him"... even though there's nothing wrong with that and it's totally normal for any game.

So yeah, I'm anti-ban by technicality, I guess.

Right decision made for mostly incorrect reasons and announced at a poor time by an extremely biased committee.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Will I agree with those reasons for him being banned, but I don't agree that his planking is broken. No one can perfect plank, it's way too hard. I've been planked several times in tournament and beaten it with a variety of characters. I personally think pikachu is better at planking than mk is lol.

MetalMusicMan

Will speaks truth, and I appreciate him.
This is me tweaking your nipple via text.

Will I agree with those reasons for him being banned, but I don't agree that his planking is broken. No one can perfect plank, it's way too hard. I've been planked several times in tournament and beaten it with a variety of characters. I personally think pikachu is better at planking than mk is lol.
I definitely disagree with Pika planking better than MK... you can at least try to take the ledge from him and not get insta-killed. But the rest of it you're probably right on... we'll have to talk about this or something, because the impression that I've gotten as of late is that people can/have perfect planked and that it's not so impossible. I was definitely very firm on the idea that "no one can do it anyway, so it doesn't matter" for a long time-- maybe I've just become too accepting of sensationalism in my relative absence from the scene lately. Maybe I bought into the "perfect planking is real!" hype without verifying it enough... I'm not sure.

In the end, I think the safest assumption is that the Smash community will always end up making a bad decision that doesn't need to be made in the first place :p

Let's hug and kiss and play this dumb game on Saturday, sound good?

Also, zomfg it's going to be my 102nd 26th birthday why am I so old?!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sounds good. Especially the ki

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Glad to hear this is still going on. Never been to one of these before, but what the heck, I'll go.

Yup, new blood for all of you to mess around with, gogogogo.

Quick question though, what's the venue? Is there going to be parking, etc.?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Glad to hear this is still going on. Never been to one of these before, but what the heck, I'll go.

Yup, new blood for all of you to mess around with, gogogogo.

Quick question though, what's the venue? Is there going to be parking, etc.?
The venue is Futures house. You might want to grab Davids(Future) number if you don't know any of us because we usually just walk into his house through the garage and go down to the basement. There is plenty of parking on the street.

Edit: Wait is this lester?

Top Bottom