• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dope 2

Teh Future

Smash Master
Results

Singles:

1) Hylian :metaknight: $33

2) Future :snake: :marth: :popo:

3) METALMUSICMAN :dedede: $6
4: Fuujin :zelda:
5: Kemorrow :falco:
5: FightAdamentEvee :lucas:
7: FWOOOOOOG :diddy: :pikachu:
7: Tmacc :wario: :dedede: :metaknight:
9: AltF4 :diddy:
9: DJIke :fox: :rob: :pit:
9: Rahmad :sheik:

Doubles:

[Round Robin]

1) FightAdamentMETALMUSICMAN (FAE and MMM) :lucas: :dedede:
2) Tylian (Tmacc and Hylian) :metaknight: :metaknight:

Items:

1: Hylian :falco:
2: Kemorrow :falco:
3: PB :falco:
4: Rahmad :falco:
5: FWOOOOOOG :falco:
5: Future :falco:
7: DJIke :falco:
7: AltF4 :falco:

Thanks to everyone that came to this. Sorry to anyone that left before I went and got pizza. I will get it earlier next time. I will also try to host again next month if there are no other tournaments in the area!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Items tournament...falco so broken with items lol.

Next time: Falco banned for items tournament lol. Lucas banned in teams.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Awwww sheeeeeeet. Look at dis legit--and might I say, very professional--results thread!

Did you guys seriously pick all Falco for the items tournament? That makes me kind of depressed... lol

Edit -- god damn, David just took the whole "capitalize my name" thing to the next level. Bold AND red AND all caps?! HOLLA ATCHA BOY, AYE YO BABY GURL!!!!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Entry was $5, I won 33$ IIRC for first. Don't feel like doing math for the rest lol. So first was 60%, don't know what 2nd and 3rd %'s were.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
If it were 30% and 10% for 2nd and 3rd, then...

1) Hylian :metaknight: ($33)
2) Future :snake: :marth: :popo: ($16.50)
3) METALMUSICMAN :dedede: ($5.50)

That should do it.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Awwww sheeeeeeet. Look at dis legit--and might I say, very professional--results thread!

Did you guys seriously pick all Falco for the items tournament? That makes me kind of depressed... lol
its ok I fixed the professional thing bc we are playing a video game. And not everyone picked Falco it was just that he was like metaknight if he was combined with snake and lucas with items. reflector + the best landmaster = god.

I think it's worth noting that I lost game 5 to Hylian because of a canon ball on pirate ship. It was not a very dramatic ending. Did anyone else have problems with the stages? I felt like Port Town, Luigi's Mansion, and Nofair were all perfectly fine in a tournament setting. I don't think I saw other stages being used.

Any input could effect the stage list next time!

MetalMusicMan

I think it's worth noting that I lost game 5 to Hylian because of a canon ball on pirate ship. It was not a very dramatic ending.
lmfao

I beat FAE on Luigi's Mansion the second time around... I was kind of surprised, lol. Seriously though, **** Port Town and its ledgeless nonsense.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here were the actual characters:

1: Hylian :falco::popo::metaknight::marth::snake:
2: Kemorrow :falco::marth:
3: PB :falco:
4: Rahmad :falco::sheik:
5: FWOOOOOOG :falco::diddy::pikachu:
5: Future :popo::wolf:??
7: DJIke :fox::pit:
7: AltF4 :rob::diddy:

So pretty much yeah we all used falco lol.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
You guys let Zelda get 4th? Wtf, why do I live in this state?
I lost to him and so did FAE ^.^

I played ****ty and should have just went 100% Wario, who I beat him easily in a set after with...but I for some reason wanted to play D3 and MK lol I'm dumb.

But at least he saw people can't just go MK on him and win, so he can't ***** about MK anymore :)

GGs all! l look forward to the next one!

MetalMusicMan

MeTacc needs to use more Wario farts and spend less time in gay town and then maybe he'll beat Zelda.

Also I'm the best DeDeDe in the region inside my own butt.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This whole tournament was an items tournament? And what's with Luigi's Mansion? Someone explain to me the rules please xD
There were 3 tournaments. Singles, Doubles, and Items. Rules were normal, stages were very liberal.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
You guys let Zelda get 4th? Wtf, why do I live in this state?
Cook Im just amazing like that.

This whole tournament was an items tournament? And what's with Luigi's Mansion? Someone explain to me the rules please xD
loool Mocha as Hylian said it was a normal tournament, then there was a doubles side tournament and an items tournament.

The stagelist for the regular tournament included dumb stages because the TO is a troll.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
More like TO is amazingggg

Teh Future

Smash Master
I enjoyed the matches on Port Town more than most of the others!

Pirate Ship is going though...

I might change it more.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I enjoyed the matches on Port Town more than most of the others!

Pirate Ship is going though...

I might change it more.
Pirate ship is so fun though :(((

Teh Future

Smash Master
Stagelist:

Starter

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Halberd
Pictochat

Counterpick

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Port Town Aero Dive
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Green Greens
Jungle Japes

Edit: yeah maybe I will keep Pirate Ship. I feel like it was my fault I got hit by the bomb and its not actually hard to avoid. The stage is definitely fun besides that part of it. The launcher is even easier to avoid.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The stage list is amazing...I'm being serious lol.

Teh Future

Smash Master
The scary part is I think hes serious and not trolling...

:phone:
I think the stages are fun and add a component people haven't really had to deal with before. Since Brawl has been out what a billion years or something like that it helps to change things up a bit. You can do dumb things like argue about how "competitive" the stages are but thats totally subjective and at the end of the day the stages aren't going to effect the outcome of the tournament that much. Also Pictochat is totally neutral.

MetalMusicMan

I think the stages are fun and add a component people haven't really had to deal with before. Since Brawl has been out what a billion years or something like that it helps to change things up a bit. You can do dumb things like argue about how "competitive" the stages are but thats totally subjective and at the end of the day the stages aren't going to effect the outcome of the tournament that much. Also Pictochat is totally neutral.
This is the most intelligent and least troll-ie thing I think I've ever seen you post.

<3

Man, think about how much better this game would be now if, in the beginning, a bunch of ******* hadn't gotten control and decided that the best thing to do for the game was ban half of it.

MetalMusicMan

The #1 thing that leaves me with disdain for the Smash community (or what it has become, rather) is their unwarranted sense of entitlement for "fixing" the games. They don't understand how good and versatile their games already are, and they ruin them by trying to fix what isn't a problem in the first place. Then they pat themselves on the back, championing themselves as saviors of the game, except it didn't need their help to begin with and all they've done is destroy what could have been something great.

But I digress, back to SFxT for me :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Man, think about how much better this game would be now if, in the beginning, a bunch of ******* hadn't gotten control and decided that the best thing to do for the game was ban half of it.
I completely disagree. Unless people want to run a stage list like future does, I prefer a super vanilla stage list, more like the Japanese stage list/melee stage list, aka like 7 stages.

You should see the melee community lol it's even worse. Some people think they should play on ONE stage lmfao.
Whats wrong with not wanting to lose on Pokefloats or Brinstar?

battlefield only
That would be awesome for brawl.

MetalMusicMan

I prefer a super vanilla stage list
Vanilla would mean what the game comes with. That's the whole issue with why this is all so stupid. People who want to remove everything from the game seem to think that's "how the game really is". They look at stages as "a bunch of extra crap that only dumb people add in"...

I mean, I hate a lot of the stages, but competitively a lot of them are totally fine. They get banned for completely subjective (and totally non-competitive) reasons and the whole thing just spirals out of control over time.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
>>Talks about wanting to change things up
>>Doesn't ban MK

Yeah, because removing a character totally goes with the same logic of adding on a stage.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think I would have won this if it wasn't for MK TBH.....
...I was the only mk at this and I can beat you with like 10 characters?

Top Bottom