• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Stop Billievin' Sat. 6/6 -- Chu-dat confirmed -- update: check last post

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Crio, the past is the past. Come to this :(
I have a new job, and I've like... missed 2 days due to sickness, and called out like... 2 or 3 times already. I need to get them thinking I have a decent work ethic again before I start disappearing on them to melt faces in MAYLAYYYYYY.

Alcohol is my friend.

super saya-jin edit X2: Spark Mandrill is amazing. Too bad he loses out to the weakest boss from Megaman ever.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I have so many textures on my Wii now. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make .CSPs or whatever so I just have a text file that lists all of my textures for me.

Lolz

Livin in a lonely world...

0Room

Smash Lord
Just wanted to point this out: (This is from the main post on the first page)

Pricing/Prize:
Brawl singles: $5
Melee singles: $5
Brawl doubles: $10 per team
------->Melee Sinlges: $10 per team <--------

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Yo Bill, don't worry about having to jump start my car anymore.. I got my check today and replaced the battery just a few mins ago lol.. as soon as I finished I tried it out, and when the car started I put my pbr down and stood up with my arms in the air and yelled "WUAAH HAH HAAAAAH!" in triumph, only to look down and find some Chinese lady giving me a look like I just broke out of the psycho ward lmao.

Based on a true story.
Ozzy Osbourne- Crazy Train?

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
You should throw delfino in neutral and do stage striking.
Getting rid of Yoshi's and adding Stage Striking works.

If only Brawl had a 5th balanced stage...D:. Lylat maybe?
Stage striking sounds cool. The only problem I see with it, is that if people ban neutrals, then it seems kind of pointless.
At APEX they had FD, BF, SV, Yoshi's, and Lylat as neutrals with stage striking, and iirc you didnt do bans until after the first round had been played. Alex makes a good point but...still i think striking is much better than random. Several characters do exceptionally well on one neutral and get countered by another (pikachu, wolf, diddy, etc.) and the striking helps players end up on a 'true neutral' for the matchup.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Doing bans 2nd match solves Alex's problem.

FD/BF/SV/Yoshis/Lylat as Neutrals with Stage Striking actually sounds really good to me. Even though 90% of matches will end up on Smashville.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Doing bans 2nd match solves Alex's problem.

FD/BF/SV/Yoshis/Lylat as Neutrals with Stage Striking actually sounds really good to me. Even though 90% of matches will end up on Smashville.
I mean most people consider it the most neutral stage, so thats acceptable imo.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I do not like the idea of stage striking. If we do stage striking than people are allowed to ban not only 2 neutrals (if we have 5 neutrals) but a counter pick also and that seems dumb to me. Being good on different stages is a skill and I think it is a skill that should be tested for. This is not street fighter, stages do matter and its part of the game.

I am definitely against stage striking but if you guys really want it that bad than I suppose I will consider it.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
[deleted.]

Last edited:

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I do not like the idea of stage striking. If we do stage striking than people are allowed to ban not only 2 neutrals (if we have 5 neutrals) but a counter pick also and that seems dumb to me. Being good on different stages is a skill and I think it is a skill that should be tested for. This is not street fighter, stages do matter and its part of the game.

I am definitely against stage striking but if you guys really want it that bad than I suppose I will consider it.
Well, we could make the striking only matter for the first round. The struck stages don't have to be banned for the rest of the set.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Ill be at dis. karn is yo metakinght up to ridiculous or are u using marth at Animazment?

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
looks like shady's got some classic controller competition.

recording setups are encouraged.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It's not banning 2 stages? If you want to see it that way then it's temporarily banning 2 neutrals for the first match only, but each player gets 2 "bans" so it evens out anyways. It's effectively a controlled random pick, and I think it adds an even deeper layer of strategy then the normal system does.

For example, take this wholly realistic scenario: A ROB player is up against a GaW player, and knows that they don't stand much of a chance on Battlefield. Winning that first match is very important, because that means you will be able to pick the stage for the last game of the set, if necessary. So, the ROB player decides that he must ban Battlefield in order to win. He does so, but then gets Yoshis, which is just as bad and loses because of a random factor that the players had no control over.

Now if stage striking were in place, the ROB could've stricken Battlefield and Yoshis, and the GaW could've stricken FD and Smashville, giving us a nice stage to Brawl on: Lylat. Which has its ups and downs for both, making it the most balanced stage that we could really get from a round 1 match.

Just because Brawl is full of random factors (****ing tripping, Olimar's Pikmin, Frigate's Stage flipping, etc.) doesn't mean we should be promoting even more of them. I don't see any problems with stage striking, really.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Yo, Bill!
The Cary crew got some matches put up on Youtube with some pretty epic plays in them. Where should I link you the urls?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm the best everything around.

If I go to this.

$1 Ditto's. Your best character. 2/3

$5 Random Dittos. 2/3 Neutral Stages.

/ballsy.

Top Bottom