• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink -- Apex Prep Edition

Rappster

Smash Ace
i hope to be there.
with some kids from my school.
also, the original post says
Tentative Schedule

Saturday -- July 21st, 2012
11:00 - 12:30 - Registration
12:30 - Brawl Doubles Bracket
12:30 - Melee Doubles Bracket
1:00 - P:M Doubles Bracket
*2:30 - Brawl Pools
*2:30 - Melee Pools
3:30 - P:M Singles Bracket
4:00 - Melee Singles Bracket
4:00 - Brawl Singles Bracket
if you could fix the date, it would make explaining things to my friends easier

Arty

Smash Lord
Lol thanks for catching that, it's been fixed. Hope to see you and your buddies there.

Also make sure to bring setups guys! I can't really give a discount since there is no venue fee, but whoever brings a setup will definitely be getting something for their efforts. :)

:phone:

Arty

Smash Lord
Besides the rules, I created that info from my original threads lol. I think you're the one that's been copying.

:phone:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
make it so i can annihilate you some more with my Sheik:laugh:
I can't wait till I get beyond your sheik. Unless you have something better in the rafters it looks like you are at your last line of defense, and it won't hold much longer. That grubby thing you call a fox is nothing more than fodder. ;)

Kels88

Smash Lord
I can't wait till I get beyond your sheik. Unless you have something better in the rafters it looks like you are at your last line of defense, and it won't hold much longer. That grubby thing you call a fox is nothing more than fodder. ;)
is that so? $mm fox vs. falco. bo5 $20

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Was really trying to surprise you all and just show up, but I got roped into driving the weekend at work

ORLY

Smash Master
@Shady: is any other MI coming with you or are you coming alone?

This just got more juicy!

Arty

Smash Lord
Arty, are you starting up a carpool for this?
Do you live close to a blue line stop? If so, I usually drop people off after the tournament at the nearest blue line station. The last few times I haven't been able to pick anyone up for the tournament though because of work. I'll get back to you on that soon, but I'll be able to drop you off after the tourney for sure.

Also, like DLA said, there's a metra stop 5 minutes from the venue, where someone will be able to pick you up and take you to the venue.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Do you live close to a blue line stop? If so, I usually drop people off after the tournament at the nearest blue line station. The last few times I haven't been able to pick anyone up for the tournament though because of work. I'll get back to you on that soon, but I'll be able to drop you off after the tourney for sure.

Also, like DLA said, there's a metra stop 5 minutes from the venue, where someone will be able to pick you up and take you to the venue.
I don't live close to a blue line stop, but I'm pretty sure I can connect a blue line to a red line, which takes me close to home.

I'll also look into the Metra. Thanks!

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
The Union Pacific West line goes from Ogilvie straight to Glen Ellyn, it's extremely easy to get to for anyone in Chicago. Hope this helps out Delta, Fujin, Geno, and anyone else coming from Chicago =)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Delta, tell me convientient stops fo you and I'll pick ya up/Drop ya off.

Kain I wanna MM you to see how well I can play against you, $10 best of 5 you good with this?

ORLY

Smash Master
People like Red Ryu are why I have hope for the Smash community as a whole.

Helping out where they can. Good **** RR

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Delta, tell me convientient stops fo you and I'll pick ya up/Drop ya off.

Kain I wanna MM you to see how well I can play against you, $10 best of 5 you good with this?
You, my good sir, are godlike.

Basically, any Red Line stop is convenient for me. So, whichever one of those would end up being most convenient for you would work. According to google maps, I'm assuming taking the Red Line as far North as I can would put me closest to you. If I take it all the way up to the Howard stop ( 7519 N Paulina St., Chicago, IL 60626) it doesn't look like I take you too much out of your way.

Alternatively, I could still just take the metra. I don't want you to have to do too much work on my behalf.

Top Bottom