• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donald Trump discuss

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
Man, **** Donald Trump.

I guarantee that America will go downhill once he becomes president in January. It's no surprise Hillary Clinton lost the election but I will say that she was the only hope that undocumented immigrants have at staying in this country but with that racist ******* now elected president, their days here have been numbered. Other than that, despite the fact that I'm a supporter of the Democratic Party, I've had a difficult time trusting her especially with this whole private email **** that's been plaguing her and her campaign.

Overall, I really don't like Trump and I never believed anything Clinton has said during her campaign, hence why I didn't vote for neither one of them. Had Bernie Sanders been the one running for president instead of Clinton, he definitely would've gotten my vote.
These are your people.

Are you not embarrassed?

Do you feel no shame?

Stop trying to obscure truth with terms like "undocumented", say "illegal" because that's what they are.

Accusing Trump of racism (or any other toxic -ism) didn't work, you guys only succeeded in highlighting your own projected bigotry.

Last edited:

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
she was the only hope that undocumented immigrants have at staying in this country but with that racist ******* now elected president, their days here have been numbered.
Well they really have no right to remain in this country so that's a good thing

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I voted third party due to my dislike of both main candidates finding them both to be unfit for being president.

Still oh well, world will move on.

Edit: That said the riots are disgusting to me. Don't get others involved with your temper tantrums.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't approve of the riots either. I can understand their anger but I wouldn't go as far as trashing everything all over the place and burning stuff up.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Does that have anything to do with my contention? Nope. Progressives never shut-up about guilt and reparations, though it's only ever applied to whites because they're the ones most likely to cough up free stuff. "Give me a break" as Trump would say.

You're not truly welcome in Japan because their mentality is "Japan first"!! They are staunch nationalists just like every other non-western country on the planet.

It's pathetic that you would be concerned about escalating global conflict yet vote for Hillary who openly wished to start war with Russia.

I encourage you to abandon that self-destructive, cowardly, sentimental, mainstream mindset--learn how to think critically. Reclaim your balls as Trump has invited you to do so.
I've lived here for six years and I have felt more welcomed here than within my own family due to my opinions. And I like where my balls are. So does my wife. I voted for what I think is good for Japan, the world, and America. If want to dehumanize me for my choices, then feel free.

Anyways, the reason why I posted is because i found it strange that my own family - who once preached openness, bipartisanship, and tolerance 10 years ago have grown to be hateful, spiteful, and intolerant people. There is no way for me to reconnect myself to them - they think I have become "too foreign" and "un-American". Thankfully, my sister is the only family member friendly to me and even she is getting flak. It's basically one against 30'something. So, in order to be welcomed back into the fold, I will have to conform to their ideals. I will have to vilinize those who chose to get abortions and call them "murderers". I will have to defriend and denounce my LGBQT friends. That's what they want from me. Oh, and not bringing my Japanese wife there is a plus. They don't like her too much.

As for these riots, I am embarrassed by them. Rioting is never a good idea unless under extreme circumstances. It's also painting a very bad picture of the US in already a bad situation abroad. But I also disagree with the rights assertion that if Clinton was elected, they wouldn't of done any of tthis and would have accepted the election results. And again, I draw my dad who thought it would be good to call me at 3 am in Japan time, 12 pm in ohio to talk politics. He was saying how we need to use live ammo on these "terrorists". Those who are right wing here, do you agree with that sentiment? Are these people hired terrorists and should be put down lethally to prevent them from causing anymore hysteria and destruction?

Lastly, my concern lies in immigration. From sources I have read (and I try to keep it broad to get a bigger picture), immigration across the board is to get stricter. I have an American immigration speciliast I keep in contact in Tokyo since we do plan to move to the states at some point in time and so we keep in contact about the situation in the States. It's already pretty strict. My friend, (whose family is Mexican and was an illegal but since he and his brother gain citizenship, his parents are now citizens too) was an English teacher too in Japan and ended up dating one of our Japanese friends. this was his fourth year in Japan and he had to leave his fifth year since that was the limit on his VISA. He also wanted to go back to the States. I have unlimited time on my VISA here by the way. Anyways, since they did paperwork rather late, she couldn't come to the States to join him as his wife until a year and a half of being separated.

My wife and I have been together for five years and married for nearly 3 of those years. I also plan to start early on the VISA application. But my concern is that obtaining a green card will be increasingly stricter with a Trump presidency. I have also heard reports of the green card system being suspended entirely for a year or two which really disrupts our plans of being in the States by 2018 - if we decide to.

Thoughts on this? Should be obtaining a teen card be pauses of stricter?

Sorry for such a long post.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm trying to be optimistic about Trump, but after seeing his cabinet picks I'm feeling pretty downtrodden. How can you claim to be anti-establishment, then pick a bunch of GOP insiders and lobbyists to work for you?? **** man.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I was personally devestated after the election, and it mostly wasn't because Clinton lost, but because Trump won. I admit, Hillary has her problems, but she would've been a better leader than Trump will be, and that's basically an objective fact from an unbiased standpoint.

I particularly see Trump dangerous actually not primarily because of his hateful rhetoric (also a HUGE reason to be scared) but because of his lack of understanding, policy, geopolitics, our democracy, and his lack of understanding in the Constitution of our nation. How he ADORES Authortarian leaders like Putin, and wants to increase police which will "simmer the violence down." He's also threatened to violate and has violated the Constitution more in this one election than Secretary Clinton has in 30-40 years of political experience. He lacks honesty, experience (First President-Elect to have never held any public office or serve in the military), and etc.
A lot of what he's said has been contradictory ( just look at the debates. If you thought Trump won from an unbiased standpoint you're delusional), and his comments on nuclear weapons, not following the Geneva Conventions, and ending the NATO alliance have my hairs standing up. He's also violated the Constitution in ways not seen in modern times, like involving another power (Russia) to meddle in the election and lying that his team and him didn't have any relationship with them, which has been proven incorrect in the days after.

Most of his policy has been proven by experts to be inferior to Secretary Clinton's (such as job creation), and lacks specifics and plans for a lot of his policy too, and when he does have the occasional plan it's so bad (like making Mexico pay for a border wall) it's basically a meme. The saddest part of the election is that he represents the establishment just as much as Clinton (the sad thing is voters didn't know and voted for him primarily for the reason that he wasn't establishment, and even the lower class particularly in Michigan will realize they chose the worse candidate 4 years later).

It all looks doom-and-gloom, but after thinking for a couple moments I realized that in every likely scenario it isn't the end of the world. Not even close.

Sure, Republicans control the House and the Senate, and they're about to appoint a justice in the Supreme Court that at least leans right in terms of politics, but Checks and Balances will do their job even with the Republicans controlling a majority in every branch of government.

The Senate and the House of Representatives aren't controlled by the Republicans with a major lead (some Republucans don't like him either), and if the Supreme Court does their job (no matter their views) they will repeal any "all Muslim ban to all immigration" and any "limit to the press because they're criticizing the president." I also don't realistically seeing him use the military operations he said he'll do (mass torture, giving up on Syria, not following the Geneva Conventions, and keeping nukes in mind for potential use if needed), and in the end I only see him repealing things that were passed by the Democrats with Obama in the White House. But even then, I don't see him banning "2 regulations when one goes in" because he's starting to realize the good parts of some of those regulations and liberal laws and mentioned he likes parts of ObamaCare and is promising to at least keep those parts and maybe even not repeal the act at all.

We can also vote on who gets in the Senate and the House in 2 years, which will further weaken the chances of him doing something dum, but even then, we must keep our eyes open and do anything we can to let our voices be heard if needed. That DOESN'T mean violent protest my friends. Though we have mostly remained peaceful, some of it is going over the edge.

We are more divided than ever and we must stay a united people, because we are The United States, bound together with the promise of freedom and democracy. We will get through these four years no matter how threatening or dangerous, or authoritarian a candidate might be. The founders were scared of someone with the dangers like Trump, which is why there's so much power to other branches, people, and no direct democracy.

"A Republuc ma'am, as long as you can keep it."
- Founding Father Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
The rest of the world has been laughing, and now the ones feigning some newfound friendship (i.e Russia) are only doing so because they look forward to the chaos of having such a windbag in office weakening America from the top down and from the countrywide division this massive mistake has caused.

The semi-good news is Trump is already back-pedaling on half the stuff he claimed, so those that voted for him based on that platform, those that somehow looked past his overt racism and sexism are now left with just that. So of course their being labeled as such in the broadest of strokes, unfortunate but everyone saw that coming.

But there is a dark part of America that is still secretly xenophobic, racist, sexist. A part of America (and the electoral college) that "isn't quite ready" to see a women as president. Hilary obviously is not even close to the best choice for that, but the radical trends I am seeing don't rule out sexism as a deciding factor across political lines. Not all Trump supporters align with his ideals or the mentioned traits, but it's embarrassing that so many could look past such massive character flaws for the false hope of his radical campaign platform or his party alignment.

For the first time in almost half a century we've seen publications and respected public figures break political neutrality and silence to speak out against Trump being President leading up to the election. And when was the last time you've seen such passion from foreigners against a candidate for a country they don't even live in? And to the point of being almost unanimous?

There are so many around him in the government opposed to him being president, even in his own party, so I doubt he will be much more than a puppet if he actually keeps office these 4 years. I don't think we have too much to worry about, just have to hope for the best.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
I don't approve of the riots either. I can understand their anger but I wouldn't go as far as trashing everything all over the place and burning stuff up.
They're organized and funded by moveon.org which is owned by the nazi collaborator George Soros
I'm trying to be optimistic about Trump, but after seeing his cabinet picks I'm feeling pretty downtrodden. How can you claim to be anti-establishment, then pick a bunch of GOP insiders and lobbyists to work for you?? **** man.
He hasn't confirmed anything yet, the confirmed people you're seeing are just the transition team
I was personally devestated after the election, and it mostly wasn't because Clinton lost, but because Trump won. I admit, Hillary has her problems, but she would've been a better leader than Trump will be, and that's basically an objective fact from an unbiased standpoint.
Lol get ****ed, sorry but when you start off by saying your opinion is unbiased objective fact you don't deserve anything more than ad hominem

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Even worse than all the riots going is the people who are trying to get the electoral college to retract the result of the election and make Hillary the president. I honestly don't like the electoral college system either, but people seriously need to stop acting like such sore losers and just try to get rid of the system, so that it doesn't effect the result of the NEXT election in 4 years.

Rᴏb

He hasn't confirmed anything yet, the confirmed people you're seeing are just the transition team
My point still stands. You can't claim to be anti-establishment, then hire the people that embody the exact opposite to work for you. You can't say he's "draining the swamp" with these people. They may "just" be part of his transition team, but I'm highly confident his actual cabinet will look just as foreboding.

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Lol get ****ed, sorry but when you start off by saying your opinion is unbiased objective fact you don't deserve anything more than ad hominem
I'm actually independent. I was unbiased up till maybe late October (after the debates) for the reasons I gave and I used information to come to the best outcome. Trump is dangerous, offensive, unstable, unpredictable and not specific, which is why I concluded he CAN'T be president when there's a much better option. It IS an objective fact that Clinton was less dangerous and less risky than Trump. That's the reason more people endorsed Clinton, and why many Republicans said they didn't vote for Trump. That's also why most of world (that wants the best for the U.S.) supported Clinton and warned us about making a mistake similar to Brexit. Sure, you can say it's because the politicians are part of the establishment but then YOU'RE commiting a fallacy. If you do REAL research like I did most people end up with a similar conclusion. Why? Because it IS an objective fact. Out of the two, Clinton was better and the lesser of two evils, and by a bit. I wasn't saying my opinion is an objective fact, I'm saying my opinion WAS the objective fact that exists universally even if I supported Trump, even if I didn't give a **** about the election, and even if I supported third party.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
Even worse than all the riots going is the people who are trying to get the electoral college to retract the result of the election and make Hillary the president. I honestly don't like the electoral college system either, but people seriously need to stop acting like such sore losers and just try to get rid of the system, so that it doesn't effect the result of the NEXT election in 4 years.
What makes this so ridiculous is that the left has literally only ever had a problem with the electoral college when it makes THEIR candidates lose.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
What makes this so ridiculous is that the left has literally only ever had a problem with the electoral college when it makes THEIR candidates lose.
Lol other democracies think America's voting system is ****ing ridiculous.

As does Donald Trump.

Also the only times in history the electoral college has let the person with less independent votes win it's been Republicans, so is it really so weird to think that the left thinks this system is kinda stupid?

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
My point still stands. You can't claim to be anti-establishment, then hire the people that embody the exact opposite to work for you. You can't say he's "draining the swamp" with these people. They may "just" be part of his transition team, but I'm highly confident his actual cabinet will look just as foreboding.
Ok well you know you could have made that argument months ago then because his transition team is basically his campaign staff and media surrogates

I'm actually independent. I was unbiased up till maybe late October (after the debates) for the reasons I gave and I used information to come to the best outcome. Trump is dangerous, offensive, unstable, unpredictable and not specific, which is why I concluded he CAN'T be president when there's a much better option. It IS an objective fact that Clinton was less dangerous and less risky than Trump. That's the reason more people endorsed Clinton, and why many Republicans said they didn't vote for Trump. That's also why most of world (that wants the best for the U.S.) supported Clinton and warned us about making a mistake similar to Brexit. Sure, you can say it's because the politicians are part of the establishment but then YOU'RE commiting a fallacy. If you do REAL research like I did most people end up with a similar conclusion. Why? Because it IS an objective fact. Out of the two, Clinton was better and the lesser of two evils, and by a bit. I wasn't saying my opinion is an objective fact, I'm saying my opinion WAS the objective fact that exists universally even if I supported Trump, even if I didn't give a **** about the election, and even if I supported third party.
Why aren't you getting ****ed yet? Look Hillary literally wanted to start a proxy war in Syria with Russia over them bombing the syrian rebels(ISIS and other jihadist groups) That could have escalated into WWIII. I don't really need to say anything else, I could there's more but it's really not necessary

Rᴏb

Ok well you know you could have made that argument months ago then because his transition team is basically his campaign staff and media surrogates
You don't have to hire the people who campaigned for you or endorsed you to help you run the country though. He made the claim that he was anti-establishment and when he got an opportunity to prove this, he blew it. I suspect he's gonna make the same mistake when he announces his cabinet picks too. I'm struggling to understand why you're trying to defend him on this front.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Why aren't you getting ****ed yet? Look Hillary literally wanted to start a proxy war in Syria with Russia over them bombing the syrian rebels(ISIS and other jihadist groups) That could have escalated into WWIII. I don't really need to say anything else, I could there's more but it's really not necessary
First off, what threat do you imply about getting ****ed? Are you angry that you can't argue with me because I'm right?

Second off, we were still better with Hillary, even with a no-fly zone. Syria is a mess in geopolitics. Nothing is black-and-white, and a no-fly zone doesn't imply WWIII. A lot of people think that, but it doesn't. It does have its negative points, but if successful, it would give us a geopolitical advantage over Russia which has been a dangerous place recently. Hillary isn't the only one that wants a no-fly zone, and her steady handling as Secretary of State makes me guess that she doesn't want war (duh).

Hillary as Secretary of State was tough on Russia so they wouldn't have the advantage and pose a threat, but not too tough to escalate tensions. Sure, improving relations can work, but it isn't as easy as you people might think it is. Putin WANTS Trump president because their geopolitical stance will become greater as the U.S won't be tough. Do you really buy that Putin isn't power-hungry?

On the other hand on the topic of war, Trump has made more than enough alarming comments on nuclear weapons to know that he is extremely dangerous with the codes at his side. He is also unstable, and doesn't have the temperament fit to be president. The chances of a nuke going off is probably greater with him in charge.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
You don't have to hire the people who campaigned for you or endorsed you to help you run the country though. He made the claim that he was anti-establishment and when he got an opportunity to prove this, he blew it. I suspect he's gonna make the same mistake when he announces his cabinet picks too. I'm struggling to understand why you're trying to defend him on this front.
Look he's walking on eggshells right now, Obama is still in power and could be scared into pardoning the swamp creatures if Trump breaks an eggshell I wouldn't trust anything he does before inauguration to be genuine
First off, what threat do you imply about getting ****ed? Are you angry that you can't argue with me because I'm right?

Second off, we were still better with Hillary, even with a no-fly zone. Syria is a mess in geopolitics. Nothing is black-and-white, and a no-fly zone doesn't imply WWIII. A lot of people think that, but it doesn't. It does have its negative points, but if successful, it would give us a geopolitical advantage over Russia which has been a dangerous place recently. Hillary isn't the only one that wants a no-fly zone, and her steady handling as Secretary of State makes me guess that she doesn't want war (duh).

Hillary as Secretary of State was tough on Russia so they wouldn't have the advantage and pose a threat, but not too tough to escalate tensions. Sure, improving relations can work, but it isn't as easy as you people might think it is. Putin WANTS Trump president because their geopolitical stance will become greater as the U.S won't be tough. Do you really buy that Putin isn't power-hungry?

On the other hand on the topic of war, Trump has made more than enough alarming comments on nuclear weapons to know that he is extremely dangerous with the codes at his side. He is also unstable, and doesn't have the temperament fit to be president. The chances of a nuke going off is probably greater with him in charge.
You're right and the fact that Russia just developed a new nuclear warhead called the SATAN II isn't a sign of impending WWIII either, and Hillary was so tough on Russia that she brokered a deal to give them large amounts of our urainum

Last edited:

Rᴏb

Look he's walking on eggshells right now, Obama is still in power and could be scared into pardoning the swamp creatures if Trump breaks an eggshell I wouldn't trust anything he does before inauguration to be genuine
Fair enough.

MisterDom MisterDom To be fair, Trump could easily declare Syria a no-fly zone too; he's expressed interest in it but hasn't made a definitive decision about it.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
MisterDom MisterDom To be fair, Trump could easily declare Syria a no-fly zone too; he's expressed interest in it but hasn't made a definitive decision about it.
You're right and the fact that Russia just developed a new nuclear warhead called the SATAN II isn't a sign of impending WWIII either, and Hillary was so tough on Russia that she brokered a deal to give them large amounts of our urainum
You're changing your arguement: You're admitting that Russia wants a superior geopolitical stance, so why do you support the guy handing them the advantage, unless you hope America burns?

@Rob If that's true then Trump supporters have to stop saying Hillary "wants" WWIII more than Trump.

Last edited:

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
You're changing your arguement: You're admitting that Russia wants a superior geopolitical stance, so why do you support the guy handing them the advantage, unless you hope America burns?
What the bloody **** are you talking about? I was saying Russia was preparing for the inevitable nuclear war with Hillary's America.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Lol other democracies think America's voting system is ****ing ridiculous.

As does Donald Trump.

Also the only times in history the electoral college has let the person with less independent votes win it's been Republicans, so is it really so weird to think that the left thinks this system is kinda stupid?

In the past I've always thought that the electoral system was silly, and indeed there's plenty of things wrong with our democracy--voter fraud was rampant throughout the Bernie v. Hillary race, along with with committees (particularly the DNC), media collusion, gerrymandering, campaign financing/donors, the two party system in general... The feeling of apathy when there's only a few swing states and if you're in the rest you better hope you agree with everyone else otherwise your vote likely won't mean anything. The morning I woke up and found out Trump won by like 60 points, a total blowout, I was shocked to find out she actually had more votes across the country.

But then I saw this map, representing how the counties went between Hillary and Donald, and my first thought was "How did she get more votes? The U.S. is almost entirely red!" Then I realized, places like New Jersey, which is small in relation to the rest of the country, is incredibly populated. If it was one person one vote, the densest states, densest cities, will have a massive impact on the future of all the rest. Can you imagine the blue having their way over the red? America is more than just people. It's land. It is pockets of local governments that are in charge of an area and everything in it.

I definitely think the system could be better, this concept of red and blue, having one way or the other, but my point is that I've become a lot more open to how things are. I'll admit, I probably only was able to feel any sympathy for the electoral college because it allows Trump to win, and I wanted Hillary specifically to lose, just as I gained sympathy for conservatism overall since the early days when I voted for the socialist who I was convinced was the champion we needed (and now not so much, though I still like the guy).

I'm not crazy about Donald, I've plenty of grievances/concerns, and there's a sense of lesser evilism in my mind with it, but I wanted an avenger, I wanted the media to lose, the regressive left culture poisoning our youth and college campuses, the DNC, the Hillary campaign, all of it to fail. Not the noblest of motivations, but hey, I didn't see democratic voters rioting and going crazy when Bernie was being screwed against the rules when it benefited "Madame President"--only when it is not to her benefit but completely by the rules that have been set.

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
What the bloody **** are you talking about? I was saying Russia was preparing for the inevitable nuclear war with Hillary's America.
You said "impending nuclear war"

Not war if Clinton was elected. You implied they created it for some vague reason, so one would assume otherwise.

And developing a nuclear bomb of that power probably would've taken longer for them to even realize Hillary was running and that she "wanted war."

And if it was an "inevitable" war, it wouldn't have been because of an election because those candidates can lose, and Hillary did lose.

And AGAIN, I already proved my point on why we're probably less safe with Trump, and you're not arguing the point wisely. In everything, you're changing the subject or not directly arguing with the evidence. Did I win or something?

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
You've proven nothing and I've proven I'm an idiot for trying to talk to a brick wall.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
You've proven nothing and I've proven I'm an idiot for trying to talk to a brick wall.
You think I'm a brick wall? You haven't argued the actual reasons that someone might not support Hillary (that aren't true). They exist, but it's not due to a no-fly zone. I actually have evidence and done research: you're an ignorant trump supporter that doesn't know to look at dates in articles and doesn't try to think of all the implications of a no-fly zone.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Trump doesn't worry me quite as much as Mike "I'll just Shock your love of ****" Pence, for his really anti-gay, pro-life, overly religious views and voting history. However, considering Trump's lack of political history it leads me to believe he's going to turn to Pence for a lot of advice, something else that leads me to believe this isn't going to be a fun 4 years.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I've lived here for six years and I have felt more welcomed here than within my own family due to my opinions. And I like where my balls are. So does my wife. I voted for what I think is good for Japan, the world, and America. If want to dehumanize me for my choices, then feel free.

Anyways, the reason why I posted is because i found it strange that my own family - who once preached openness, bipartisanship, and tolerance 10 years ago have grown to be hateful, spiteful, and intolerant people. There is no way for me to reconnect myself to them - they think I have become "too foreign" and "un-American". Thankfully, my sister is the only family member friendly to me and even she is getting flak. It's basically one against 30'something. So, in order to be welcomed back into the fold, I will have to conform to their ideals. I will have to vilinize those who chose to get abortions and call them "murderers". I will have to defriend and denounce my LGBQT friends. That's what they want from me. Oh, and not bringing my Japanese wife there is a plus. They don't like her too much.

As for these riots, I am embarrassed by them. Rioting is never a good idea unless under extreme circumstances. It's also painting a very bad picture of the US in already a bad situation abroad. But I also disagree with the rights assertion that if Clinton was elected, they wouldn't of done any of tthis and would have accepted the election results. And again, I draw my dad who thought it would be good to call me at 3 am in Japan time, 12 pm in ohio to talk politics. He was saying how we need to use live ammo on these "terrorists". Those who are right wing here, do you agree with that sentiment? Are these people hired terrorists and should be put down lethally to prevent them from causing anymore hysteria and destruction?

Lastly, my concern lies in immigration. From sources I have read (and I try to keep it broad to get a bigger picture), immigration across the board is to get stricter. I have an American immigration speciliast I keep in contact in Tokyo since we do plan to move to the states at some point in time and so we keep in contact about the situation in the States. It's already pretty strict. My friend, (whose family is Mexican and was an illegal but since he and his brother gain citizenship, his parents are now citizens too) was an English teacher too in Japan and ended up dating one of our Japanese friends. this was his fourth year in Japan and he had to leave his fifth year since that was the limit on his VISA. He also wanted to go back to the States. I have unlimited time on my VISA here by the way. Anyways, since they did paperwork rather late, she couldn't come to the States to join him as his wife until a year and a half of being separated.

My wife and I have been together for five years and married for nearly 3 of those years. I also plan to start early on the VISA application. But my concern is that obtaining a green card will be increasingly stricter with a Trump presidency. I have also heard reports of the green card system being suspended entirely for a year or two which really disrupts our plans of being in the States by 2018 - if we decide to.

Thoughts on this? Should be obtaining a teen card be pauses of stricter?

Sorry for such a long post.
It's possible you'll find it more "difficult" to immigrate back to the US but given that you're originally an American Citizen I think you'll get back okay. Even with your wife in the picture. But don't take my word for it, lol, you never know.

In terms of the general discussion regarding immigration, I find that this idea of Nationalism or what have you has spread across the globe rather quickly, and it's America's fault. I know that's harsh, but it makes sense. We were SO proud to be the Police of the World, going into 3rd world countries and playing God with their political landscapes, it finally just backfired. Now the world has to suffer. No one trusts anyone. If you're not the right skin color or racial profile, you don't "belong." Australia, Europe, Asia, Africa, the US... I think there's no where in the world right now that's totally welcoming and affirming the way we originally portrayed ourselves as (though it was really just a portrayal, racism has been alive and well in the US ever since it was founded).

Trump isn't all bad. He'll push for the Affordable Care Act to be repealed, then replace it with pretty much the same thing, just in a different form (multiple laws instead of one giant law - which IS better). He's not gonna leave 20 million Americans stranded with no Health Care, the Insurance companies won't let him, they don't want to lose all those customers. He'll reduce the federal subsidies and the states will pick up more of the tab. He's still going to push for pre-existing conditions to be allowed. He actually wants to extend parent-child umbrella to 30, meaning most of you kids on this site will have health care well into your early adulthood.

He thinks he'll get Roe v Wade repealed by putting SCOTUS judges in that are conservative, pro-lifers. "The sanctity of life, abortion is murder" blah blah. I don't see that happening. He believes it'll at least become a states' rights issue and if that's the case, well instead of pot tourism you'll have abortion tourism.

He wants to build that stupid wall, though now he's admitted it may just be a fence in some parts (lol). And to ban Muslims. *sigh* again, whatever.

Anyway, I hope you are able to return stateside. But if you're stranded in Japan until he's out of office, there really are worse places you could be stuck.

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
Trump isn't all bad. He'll push for the Affordable Care Act to be repealed, then replace it with pretty much the same thing, just in a different form (multiple laws instead of one giant law - which IS better). He's not gonna leave 20 million Americans stranded with no Health Care, the Insurance companies won't let him, they don't want to lose all those customers. He'll reduce the federal subsidies and the states will pick up more of the tab. He's still going to push for pre-existing conditions to be allowed. He actually wants to extend parent-child umbrella to 30, meaning most of you kids on this site will have health care well into your early adulthood.
You can't get the good parts of the ACA without the bad parts. There is no ACA without the mandate.

Moreover, the costs associated with having to basically re-up the healthcare system AGAIN within six years will be very bad.

The damage Trump and his brand have done to the social psyche has already been done.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
Black pride = empowered
Asian pride = empowered
White pride = racist
How about everyone just stops taking pride in an unearned identity that they were born into no matter what that identity happens to be? Pride is meant for accomplishments

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Anyway, I hope you are able to return stateside. But if you're stranded in Japan until he's out of office, there really are worse places you could be stuck.
Well, ideally, we would like to be fully moved there by at least 2019. Starting on the VISA stuff this Spring. Actually, I am actually a bit panicky going back since I have gotten use to safe and sound Japan...save for the occasional earthquake, raging typhoon, or deranged boxcutter stabber. I have been passed out drunk before at a bar with my phone and wallet with $300 cash inside (this is normal in Japan as it's mostly cash based). The bartender, a good friend of mine drove me home after he closed up at 6 am and made sure I got into my apartment. He''s a great guy so I always make sure to visit him when I am in town and bring goodies.

Anyways, I will be monitoring the situation clearly. My dad has made it very clear that if I some how **** it up in any way and try to bring there illegally, he's said he will make sure she gets deported. From what I can gather, Trump is interested in possibly pausing giving out worker Green Card Visas but that's close enough for me to be a bit wary. My family found a house near to them but we have no intention of moving to white bread Ohio...especially as I want to find a vibrant and active Japanese community for us to join.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

This is a really good video on the subject of the Electoral College that I recommend.

MetalFan13

Smash Rookie
Donald Trump trying to deport 11 million immigrants even the Mexican Americans who were born in the united states like myself. Last time I checked 14th amendment saids who ever was born in united states is a considered a us citizen. So what's in my mind is this law well indeed not pass.

He need to worry more about terrorism.
You're absolutely right. It would be ridiculous if he was trying to do that. But what's even more ridiculous is the fact that the media has convinced smart people like you that he's trying to do that. He's not. He's only trying deport the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS with CRIMINAL RECORDS. Mexican-Americans that have been born in the U.S. are going to be fine. They aren't illegal immigrants.

Personally, I'm very glad Trump won the presidency. America wouldn't have survived another 4/8 years of a president like Obama. I've found that many arguments against Trump are almost never based on facts. He's not racist. He's not sexist. My view is this. I don't love Trump, I hate Clinton. She's a criminal who is responsible for the death of 4 Americans. She's a corrupt politician that is completely untrustworthy. America needs a political outsider that isn't corrupt right about now.

MetalFan13

Smash Rookie
Even if Trump manage to win the election. There no way any of his revisions gonna fly through Congress and the Supreme Court.

But then again, he'll probably try to find loopholes.
Actually, Congress is Republican-controlled right now. So yeah, his revisions and laws probably will make it through. As for the Supreme Court, he has a very good chance of nominating a Republican conservative judge, and that judge will probably get in because the Republicans control Congress.

MetalFan13

Smash Rookie
Why don't you like the electoral college?

MetalFan13

Smash Rookie
If anyone can give me a solid argument that Trump is racist that is completely rooted in facts, I'll accept it. Until then, don't call him racist unless you actually know your crap.

There is no such thing as an objective, unbiased view in politics. Sorry.

MetalFan13

Smash Rookie

In the past I've always thought that the electoral system was silly, and indeed there's plenty of things wrong with our democracy--voter fraud was rampant throughout the Bernie v. Hillary race, along with with committees (particularly the DNC), media collusion, gerrymandering, campaign financing/donors, the two party system in general... The feeling of apathy when there's only a few swing states and if you're in the rest you better hope you agree with everyone else otherwise your vote likely won't mean anything. The morning I woke up and found out Trump won by like 60 points, a total blowout, I was shocked to find out she actually had more votes across the country.

But then I saw this map, representing how the counties went between Hillary and Donald, and my first thought was "How did she get more votes? The U.S. is almost entirely red!" Then I realized, places like New Jersey, which is small in relation to the rest of the country, is incredibly populated. If it was one person one vote, the densest states, densest cities, will have a massive impact on the future of all the rest. Can you imagine the blue having their way over the red? America is more than just people. It's land. It is pockets of local governments that are in charge of an area and everything in it.

I definitely think the system could be better, this concept of red and blue, having one way or the other, but my point is that I've become a lot more open to how things are. I'll admit, I probably only was able to feel any sympathy for the electoral college because it allows Trump to win, and I wanted Hillary specifically to lose, just as I gained sympathy for conservatism overall since the early days when I voted for the socialist who I was convinced was the champion we needed (and now not so much, though I still like the guy).

I'm not crazy about Donald, I've plenty of grievances/concerns, and there's a sense of lesser evilism in my mind with it, but I wanted an avenger, I wanted the media to lose, the regressive left culture poisoning our youth and college campuses, the DNC, the Hillary campaign, all of it to fail. Not the noblest of motivations, but hey, I didn't see democratic voters rioting and going crazy when Bernie was being screwed against the rules when it benefited "Madame President"--only when it is not to her benefit but completely by the rules that have been set.
I completely agree. I supported Trump because the media, the regressive left, and the political parties all hate him. He can't be bad if they all hate him.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I completely agree. I supported Trump because the media, the regressive left, and the political parties all hate him. He can't be bad if they all hate him.
Gotta say the "People I don't like dislike this thing so this thing must be great" is really bad.
If anyone can give me a solid argument that Trump is racist that is completely rooted in facts, I'll accept it. Until then, don't call him racist unless you actually know your crap.

There is no such thing as an objective, unbiased view in politics. Sorry.
Here's a master list I found:
https://np.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...a_final_response_to_the_tell_me_why_trump_is/
I'm not gonna say every point here is correct because there are a few shaky ones but a fair amount are legitimate.

Top Bottom