• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

Upke

Smash Journeyman
It would be A LOT better, and we've already done so before, but the consensus seems to be that "IRCs are too confusing for people", which I don't understand at all.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
My friend and I are having trouble getting this to work. We both get the erro "game not found" when the other tries hosting. If I host a game and start it BY MYSELF it still doesn't start. I just get a black screen. I can start the game just fine offline and I already configured the ROM directory. Please help!

Upke

Smash Journeyman
I haven't heard about the "game not found" error, but when you are trying to host and play the game by yourself, are you making sure to have only one port occupied by a controller (under config-Gamecube)? Having a different amount of players and controllers is an often cause for a black screen that won't load anything.

Chiral

Smash Rookie
"game not found error" is because your friend didn't set the path of the ISO or because you are using a different versions of smash. You get a black screen, when you try hosting by yourself because you have 2 controller ports set to standard controller, when there is only 1 player. To fix this, go to config->gamecube and make sure you only have port 1 set to standard controller. Or in the dolphin netplay window, you can click on your name and press configure pad, then set your in game pad to be the same as how many standard controllers you have set in your device settings.

Hellopppp

Smash Rookie
If IRC is too complicated for some to set up, why not just create a mibbit link to the channel in this thread? As much as I prefer an actual desktop client, mibbit, a web based client definitely will simplify things.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Nevermind I fixed the input lag by changing the pad buffer. This is awesome. I recorded a few matches with my friend and other than the occasional desynch it runs perfectly!

btw, you guys can use the reddit r/smashbros chatroom if you want. I already have it set up.

Upke

Smash Journeyman
I don't know **** about Reddit, but if you wanna get added to the Skype call, you can let me know. Also, we should play some ASAP because my only recorded match from netplay is me being bodied. :dizzy:

Hellopppp

Smash Rookie
Just here to say that Melee netplay is amazing.
Just to point it out, I played with danny earlier today, and the netplay performance was decent enough for a person in puerto rico to play with a person in east coast with decently tolerable latency.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Hey guys. I got Melee set up and I'm really itching to play someone online! If someone could add me to the skype group my username is "stealingvision". Thanks!

Xenophon

Smash Rookie
Hey guys - I've gotten netplay working but it is really slow on my 2nd gen i7 mobile processor. I've read a couple things about how to increase performance, the most notable being a "30 fps code", but I've been having trouble finding information about it. Could someone please explain / link me to a thread explaining it? Thanks. Also, feel free to add me on steam: ThatCombatWombat so that we can organize some games

Edit: I rescind my statement as I've figured out how it works. But really, feel free to add me on steam.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys - I've gotten netplay working but it is really slow on my 2nd gen i7 mobile processor. I've read a couple things about how to increase performance, the most notable being a "30 fps code", but I've been having trouble finding information about it. Could someone please explain / link me to a thread explaining it? Thanks. Also, feel free to add me on steam: ThatCombatWombat so that we can organize some games

Edit: I rescind my statement as I've figured out how it works. But really, feel free to add me on steam.
There's a Skype group, everyone's on it.

dkuo

Smash Lord
finally tried it. buffer johns lag johns etc etc but THIS IS REALLY AWESOME

gotta hop on more often

Xenophon

Smash Rookie
Alright, well then if someone could add me to the skype group it would be greatly appreciated. Username: tehcombetwombet

Darktooth77

Smash Rookie
yo i swear i love this group and how perfect this game runs

if you aren't in the skype group already you really should be cus everyone is in here

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please add bearsfan092 to the skype group? My USB adapter isn't here yet, but I'm gonna be all over this when it comes in.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
well i just got this, no usb adapter yet, but i do have an Xbox controller i can use.
what's the easiest ways to get to play people? i see theres a steam group i joined and there's a skype group..
but i would like to find some people to regularly play against.. a lot of the stuff sounds confusing so i wanna play at least a round or two to see how online play works on this computer and see if i need to change/update anything..
just playing it vs computers i don't see much slowdown/lag.. on certain stages yeah, haven't played many matches, just kinda played it to test the controller..

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
okay well this is my friends Skype account, but i doubt he'll care..
all we have is a Mic, no webcam or nothing like that..
name is jbond232
i've never used skype or dolphin before so i'm a real newb when it comes to this .. so basically once i get added to the group how do i go about finding a person to play?

nmn

Smash Cadet
To be fair, I tried an IRC channel. I was usually the only person there for literally days at a time. The thing about Skype is that people have it installed, and therefore can be on all the time, not just when they have a browser open. That and yes, IRC confuses people. Even mibbit. I have no idea why or how to make things better. Skype is not even loading on my computer anymore thanks to bugs in the Linux version, believe me, the last thing I want is to have to use Skype.

p1ns

Smash Cadet
After two weeks offline I connect again to skype group but all I find is that messages in the group do not get delivered :/

Top Bottom