• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Captain falcon have any setup moves?

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Idk something with hitstun other than the almighty jabs. I mean we don't a approach, no stylish moves. If you look on the Sonic database and guides they have so much more. Not just the At's overall. Not saying this to offend anyone, just the truth.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I was playing around today with Dair to Usmash, it isn't a true combo but its a real quick 36%

Dair to falcon dive

Dair to knee

if you haven't caught on Dair is you main set up for "combo's"

Roager

Smash Ace
I actually use the nair as a setup. If I'm playing aggressively. I'll fulljump, and fastfall after the first hit. the second kick has enough knockback that I can usually dash up and either follow up, or toss in some shielding if they recover fast enough. It opens up some possibilities for shieldgrab, or some sort of dodge. Also, Ayaz is right, dair is good stuff for setups, if you use it well.

And yes, i am fully aware that nair is more commonly used so that the first kick opens the opportunity for jabs. I just don't like doing that.

wangston

Smash Lord
Grab after you're first or second jab, it works everytime, also that jab stops everyone in there tracks, so jab=grab which then means, dthrow, uair.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Idk something with hitstun other than the almighty jabs. I mean we don't a approach, no stylish moves. If you look on the Sonic database and guides they have so much more. Not just the At's overall. Not saying this to offend anyone, just the truth.
Most of those were tested on computers, and I, the creator of that, don't even use them, aside from the U-throw>B-air/U-air, just because it's cool, and I can read/counter DI now lol.

you do realize what game your playing?

Nothing listed in this thread is a true combo. you'll have to use your head to "set up" for hits.
Right. Even 'hitstun'/'counter' true combos can sometimes be airdodged or attacked out of.

But, anything that can put your opponent in the situation where the wrong choice (attacking, bad DI, airdodge) = death is good enough in my standards.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
well dair to knee is a true combo at least in training.... but idk, it probably wont work on all characters though....

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Grab after you're first or second jab, it works everytime, also that jab stops everyone in there tracks, so jab=grab which then means, dthrow, uair.
I've used it for long time but it doesn't work every time. I get people jabbing or grabbing me instead on occasion.

More for the topic, sweetspotted BAir at very low percents can lead to stuff (grab, FTilt, jab). DAir has a lot of hitstun and has legitimate combos. Sweetspotted Knee has a lot of hitstun but I'm not sure if it combos to anything (maybe to another Knee or a DAir at very low percents). Gimp Knee doesn't have much hitstun, but the hitbox lasts until very very near the end of the move, which allows it to combo into a couple things. DTilt, DThrow, and FThrow work well for chains but not true combos.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
dash attack is not a combo setup, it can only combo into a jab at very low percentages IF your opponent doesnt DI correctly.... it's a good setup nonetheless to pursue with uairs and whatnot but it isn't a legimate comboer

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
Oh I see, Falcon have any hitstun does anyone? Well his stomp seems like you can't move the cpu didn't and others players move barely

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
UzakiuzuG let's brawl! now! :D
FC:3050-9951-8920

Edit: let's brawl when you are able to:)

Top Bottom