• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone use jab canceling?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I don't think most Sheik players do that kind of stuff.........i've seen link players jab cancel into smashes, but i'm not sure if Sheik's jabs have enough hitstun to combo into anything.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Like I said, I don't believe you can even jab cancel into grab.......i'll go test it right now

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I was wrong.....jab twice, tap down on the control stick, then you can grab, or my favorite get off a guaranteed dsmash, fsmash is really hard to get off, the opponent can di before you connect.....I still don't see this as having a lot of potential though. I think it would be really difficult in the heat of the match to remember to jab cancel......maybe that's just me though.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I was wrong.....jab twice, tap down on the control stick, then you can grab, or my favorite get off a guaranteed dsmash, fsmash is really hard to get off, the opponent can di before you connect.....I still don't see this as having a lot of potential though. I think it would be really difficult in the heat of the match to remember to jab cancel......maybe that's just me though.
yeah, usually i'm like jab > rapid jab > OhMyGodJabCancelIForgotAboutYoooooooouuuu!!!!

and then i get punished for rabid jabbing on accident.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
ya me too sometimes I get caught rapid jabbing in the complete opposite direction and I get an fsmash from Marth.......it makes me cringe just thinking about it.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
If its an advantage, even if small, people will start to do it eventually. Can you tilt after the jab and which ones if you can?

Villi

Smash Lord
You can cancel the first jab or the second jab. Just input a crouch before the next attack and you can do whatever you want after your jab.

Any thoughts on if it's better in general to cancel your first jab or your second? My habit is canceling my first jab into a grab. I know that you're allowed to act slightly sooner after your second jab, but I don't see the benefit.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I don't think most Sheik players do that kind of stuff.........i've seen link players jab cancel into smashes, but i'm not sure if Sheik's jabs have enough hitstun to combo into anything.
Hell yes we jab cancel XD

It's almost our entire game O_o

jk but it's a good amount. I don't use Sheik's jab cancel partly because I can just ftilt into what ever I need. :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
best thing to do from jab is

jab -> grab
jab -> AAA flurry (several characters can punish this even after being hit by jabs)
jab(s) -> dtilt (if jabs stop reaching them, dtilt has a little more range to reach)

jab -> mindgames lol.

more often than not, jabbing someone will make them reflexively put up a shield, which allows a pressure game. sheik's jab is so fast, use it

wow do you relaly even need to cance lthe jabs? they're fast already

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've never really tried jab canceling with sheik for some reason, I use it with other characters though. Usually I'll do a single jab, then spotdodge, since most people keep mashing A when they get hit by that first jab for some reason, so I'll spot dodge and downsmash, and it always seems to work for me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The jab to mindgames combo is the best.

choknater: Jab canceling is canceling the ending of the second jab so you can do anything, because if you try to press A or C-Stick too early without canceling it then it forces you into the rapid jabs.

Top Bottom