• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does anyone ever use peaches counter?

Twek

Smash Cadet
i think that it can be incorporated into battle but it should be used very very rarely. like once every other game. just so it cant be predicted.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Toad is about as slow as Roy's Counter, one-sided, and only useful when trying to recover but out of options to avoid getting edgeguarded. It can't really be used seriously, in my opinion, since it's far too slow for its damage and knockback.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I basically use it when I'm fighting a fox or falco. I jump off the stage when they start their Up-B then, when I'm in their way I press B and use it. IT knocks them up a little and its sets them up for a Fair for a good quick KO, assuming you do it right.
Definitely will kill falco, but fox is a different story with his long Up-B. I do every so often to surprise the player. I usually back float nair to block his Up-B or bair.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ive seen Mike G use it before but i agree with Twek with the once a game thing otherwise you might get baited into doing it but i defintely think it can be incorparated in the game.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I do. I can look at my enemy closely and see when is the time to use it. The easiest character for me to use it on is falcon. Hungry fool always on the attack.

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
Yea Dark.Pch uses that counter quite well for some precise situations. So better not get hungry fastfallers.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I used the TOAD yesterday when a sheik was on the edge and he was just about to come up and Fair me (like every sheik in the world would) and he got countered and then he went to sweetspot the edge with the up B and i edgehogged so it is useful.

Twek

Smash Cadet
i like how dark peach uses it. falcon is always on the attack and that can be used against him. edge gaurding falco and fox would be cool too. im going to try that soon. but like i said. even against falcon it should only be used extremely rarely.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I can also use it well against pill spamming docs. And Falco with his lasers. I tend to use it alot. But not to a point where they will know I will do it.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Ya i usually use it once a game. It really messes with the opponent and makes them think twice about just rushing in.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'd only really use it when trying to recover, and even then only against someone who has to actually commit to an edgeguard (like a marth going for a bair or somthing like that). Like, I'd never use it against a sheik, for example, recovering or no - guaranteed pain if you miss it.

As I think about it, I haven't actually tried this, but it seems to me like it'd be useful when recovering vs ganon, since the problem with him isn't predicting his edgeguard as much as the fact that you really can't do anything about it but try to avoid it. Only question is if his uair would go around toad or somthing goofy like that. It'd stop an fair or bair though, I'd think.

Anyone actually tried this?

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
I can also use it well against pill spamming docs. And Falco with his lasers. I tend to use it alot. But not to a point where they will know I will do it.

ummm:confused: pill spamming docs why wouldn't you just slap with peach. ya know since itsl ike 1/ billionth the lag of toad? i wouldn't reconmmend anybody to use it against falco lasers too... after the lag your just asking to get owned.

move is too laggy for it to be part of your game plan but it is the ace under your sleeve.... when people aren't expecting it / rushing for attacks. now if you do cheat in poker you know you cant pull the ace from under your sleeve numerous times. :laugh:

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I think what he meant by the falco's and Dr. Mario's lasers/pills is when they rush in after a lazer, aka Short-hop lasers, or Dr. M running after a pill. The counter range is fairly large and will hit them, if timed correctly.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Falco with his lasers. I tend to use it alot.
Why dont u just powersheild then grab..or be a beast and powersheild to dsmash? (same goes towards the falcon idea).

Toad is pointless. The hitbox is ridiculously small. but with a level 9 kirby...****.

Im not sure but it could helphorizontal recovery after second jump..like we need it.

Samochan

Smash Master
I broke peki's falco's shield with toad 2 days ago. He lasered, landed in front of me and shielded and I toaded, thus he got hit by all the spores and his full shield got instantly owned and broke. Too much win. :p

Magus420

Smash Master
It works good as a stall before up-bing when recovering from below to avoid being edgehogged and such.

Also yeah, Ganon is one of the characters it's most usable against besides those using projectile rushes, and mostly when being edgeguarded.

Me14k

Smash Lord
I broke peki's falco's shield with toad 2 days ago. He lasered, landed in front of me and shielded and I toaded, thus he got hit by all the spores and his full shield got instantly owned and broke. Too much win. :p
omg.Broken.

By the way how much damage do all the spores do?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
You know, the problem with Falco's SHL is that if someone spaces it into a combo just right, like Reik for example....and he WILL do it. He'll know just the distance to do it from. You might catch him once with it..maybe, but if not if they know their spacing. I wouldn't count on it for Falco's Lasers. *shrugs* That's just me though, I'm still learning. Although, from what I've seen Toad is very useful, if not abused, like already said. I saw VaNz use it effectively yesterday.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Would that work? Is there a timing to ledge-drop, Toad, and automatically regrab the ledge?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
you ledge drop and start to double jump up, and use the momentum from toad/dj to make sure you land on the stage

Cort

Apple Head
I use it against Marths in the pokemon stadium mountain level, where Marth likes to camp and tip you through the level. :chuckle:

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
dude using toad to get back is actually good.

if you jump back, then at the peak of your jump toad, you come back farther.

you also have rediculous options if you are on the edge with it. you can just ff, jump toad, end of toad grab edge...etc etc.

toad is rediculous, one i get some more matches up i'll def have a section in a vid about it

edit: sorry i didn't see that darkness of heart already said it. i just got excited and had to say that toad is really really good in alot of situations. really underrated, and darkness. your new vid is pretty tight

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
It was funny Toading a shine. I don't know how it worked, but I got a kill out of the pure shock factor. It was funny. ^_^

But, yeah, Toad is only good when used when they least expect it. Like, once in a tournament, maybe.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
One time Doll broke my shield when we were using a Peach ditto team by countering an opponent's attack while I was blocking within range of being hit by toad's smoke. It was just about an instantaneous break of a completely full shield.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I really use it. I can never really find good places to use it.

- Greddy falcons

- Falco's Lazers

- Return guard guards with Marth

- Boost to return to the stage.

- Pill aproaches and fireball aproaches with Mario/doc

- If you have a good eye, against Ganon

- Peach throws a turnip and tries to come in with a Fair.

Its all about thinking and being creative with your character. Dont always play by the book. I dont. Do your own thing. Though these examples I just gave out you gotta be smart with it and not too obvious.

S2

Smash Lord
Toad has his uses...

but that being said, he is very situational. Usually best used against specific character recoveries (space animals) with specific strats.

It has really no spammable value to it and if you use it more than once in a while, you'll get punished pretty bad (slow, only hits in front of you, not all that powerful).

Either learn some specific moments where its useful and practice them... or only use it once in a while as a surprise attack.

Also, its not really worth using this move in place of a better edgeguard. So if you have to make a choice, go with safer tactics. Unless of course you're playing around with someone who's a noob... then just have some fun.

Top Bottom