• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else think Pit and Metaknight are equal?

lil cj

Smash Lord
Everyone is saying that MK is the best character in the game and the most broken...that may be true but has anyone ever thought that Pit can compare to Metaknight???
Both are very similar...I think Pit is just as good as Metaknight if not better. Of course MK has faster moves,is easier to pick up than Pit, and can gimp Pit's recovery... but they are so similar that they should be equal IMO.
Both have the best recoveries in the game, low KO power,good egde guarding game, fast attacks,light weight, combo capablities, and a spammable B attack.
Pit even has a projectile...MK doesnt, that should work in Pit's favor.
Also, MK is lighter than Pit so its easier for him to get KO'd than it would for Pit.
When it comes to speed of attacks MK obviously wins... with Pit being a close second.
I just dont see how Metknight is better...I use both of them and win equally with both.
And I know it depends on the skill of the player that determines who is better...in general Pit should be just as good as Metaknight
If this has already been discussed Im sorry...lol:)
But I really think Pit should be getting just as much attention as Metaknight.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Answers in red

Everyone is saying that MK is the best character in the game and the most broken...that may be true but has anyone ever thought that Pit can compare to Metaknight???

No. MK has 43987189 times better match-ups than Pit

Both are very similar...I think Pit is just as good as Metaknight if not better. Of course MK has faster moves,is easier to pick up than Pit, and can gimp Pit's recovery... but they are so similar that they should be equal IMO.

They aren't similar at all. Pit is 75% arrow spam, MK is all out offense

Both have the best recoveries in the game,

Pit is much easier to gimp. And ROBs recovery > Pits recovery

low KO power,

MKs dsmash and nair are great finishers

good egde guarding game, fast attacks,light weight, combo capablities, and a spammable B attack.
Pit even has a projectile...MK doesnt, that should work in Pit's favor.
Also, MK is lighter than Pit so its easier for him to get KO'd than it would for Pit.

MK is also smaller, which makes it harder to hit him

When it comes to speed of attacks MK obviously wins... with Pit being a close second.

There are many fighters who have higher attack speed than pit...not just MK

I just dont see how Metknight is better...I use both of them and win equally with both.

PEMN

And I know it depends on the skill of the player that determines who is better...in general Pit should be just as good as Metaknight
If this has already been discussed Im sorry...lol:)
But I really think Pit should be getting just as much attention as Metaknight.

He is underplayed indeed
10chars

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A good Pit would try and gimp a MK with Mirror Shield when it tries to recover with Tornado or Drill rush. Some predict an Up-B, and mirror shield that.
Use arrows to your advantage to eat up Meta's jumps.
I wont say much for now since im a bit busy.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
since i know you, im going to be nice here...

1. they cant both have the best recoverys in the game. MKs recovery is obviously better because he has two glides, and he gets his up b back if you hit him out of it (which will almost never happen because shuttle loop is so retardedly powerful). those things also make MK's edge guarding game better

2. low KO power makes me lol. shuttle loop, glide attack and down smash would like a word with you.
they all kill, even when stale, and the 3 moves have their own string that is almost impossible to get out of. and by the way, his forward smash is the only non-instant move he has, and it kills at retardedly low percentages

3. you cant compare pits arrows to the tornado. that move blases right through anything that is not a laser or have an explosion. pits arrows can be avoided and do 5 damage. MK can tornado from 1 side of FD to the other and it can do 18%

4. yes MK doesnt have a projectile, but hes like the 4th fastest character in the game. even from the opposite side of the stage, you will only get 2 of them off before hes in your face sodomising you with that sword again

5. MK only dies quick when played by scrubs that dont DI properly, because unless they die from the initial hit the MK will just glide back, glide attack you and continue with the ****** he was in the process of when he left. or they can just go under the stage. i mean you really cant stop MK. its rediculous

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Yeah... I used to think that Pit and Meta Knight were the same since they both had swords that dealt fast but weak damage, were both fast, both had wings, and both had godly recovery. However, after I saw how Meta Knight outrages people with his close range and since he is basically invincibly to most projectiles when in mach tornado, I sadly saw that Meta Knight was better... He gimps better than Pit and is less gimpable...

kupo15

Smash Hero
well i would hope he isnt as godly because then there would be a "The official should Pit be banned" thread in the tactical discussion boards started by Panda :laugh:

But no, I dont think they are equal even though pit isn't 75% arrow spam

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
MK is cheap, and Pit isnt. That's not equal! After experiencing some MK spam at AIB (Aerials and grabs, and other basic MK spam), I might hate him more than snake. Now i really want him banned.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Mk outreachs pit, dsmash is faster and stronger, if set up right shuttle loop can kill at 40% more or less. Along with that Mk tornado is very hard to stop if spammed. You need key timing with nair, ftilt ect. Sad part is mk is “The Best” character in the game, with the best move in the game, which sets up for “plank” and an extremely good approach. Mk isnt too far away from pit, (not including tiers) but he defiantly is better.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Idk while pit does have a projectile. I dont think it gives him that much advantage if at all. A good metaknight will always be on you, most likely the pit will have almost no time to shoot an arrow.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I didnt realize it til now or something... MK is nothin but a cheap piece of broken spamming garbage. Y I used him in the past I'll never know. I'll probably miss my MK one day, but switch speed chars with either CF or Sheik for me!
And my angel vote is Pit > MK "OPINION!" And I have my Mirror Shield to help out.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea I dislike him just like the next person but he is not cheap nor broken admiral. geez. Your just saying that you give up on finding away around MK. It isn't an impossible matchup.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Stop acting like Pits recovery is better than R.O.B.'s!

R.O.B. recovery > Pit recovery.
Get over it and accept the facts people!
It depends on what that > sign entails, really.

Pit wins in terms of vertical distance, but ROB's is safer and less prone to gimping. However, Pit has several jumps as well as gliding to consider before using WoI.

As for the original topic, MK (like any character) is not 'cheap', but is probably as close to the word as the smash community will see for a long time. He's a formidable, but nowhere near unstoppable, opponent. Pit and MK share many qualities, however MK's moves are much, MUCH faster, which can make him extremely hard to approach. Pit is essentially a slower, larger MK with a projectile and a larger focus on mindgame kills than outright... assassination.

kupo15

Smash Hero
who said anything about Rob? I dont remember reading it. Rob can stay in the air longer than Pit no doubt and can also use aerials with it. But your Up b doesnt refuel when you grab the ledge.

QUIVO

Smash Master
IMO, ROBs recovery > Mks. Robs is too broken.

He's heavy (so it's going to be hard enough to kill him already), it can last forever, and he can attack out of it + use it again.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Again this discussion isn't about R.O.B. His attacking needs can be his downfall with mirror shield. Anyway I've noticed a lot, while playing M2k in friendlies, i felt a sense of desperation, that there is nothing you can do. I haven't beat him yet but i promise i will, that match-up just made me think.

IMO like in melee there were 2 characters with the same move, one was faster, one was stronger (marth & Roy) (mario & luigi) (Link and Young link) i think Pit and Mk have the same effect. Yet something went wrong and metaknight is stronger in some moves, and outreachs. Seems to be much like Marth and Roy.

But Roy players didn't give up and roy players could still beat marth. And we have to do the same. They aren't equal but since when is life fair. Read the Bottom of NxC's sig. Pit < Mk but skills ultimately determine the match.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Mario and Luigi didn't really have the same move sets. It's more like Mario and Dr. Mario.

On topic: I don't think Pit and MK are equal at all. MK has great matchups all around and has very few flaws. I hardly see the similar qualities between the two characters.

Mk reminds me of Jigglypuff, Marth and Sheik mixed together from Melee.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Robs recov > Pits recov >MK's recov

i dont know i havent faced an MK that i couldnt beat but that is largely becasue i dont face many MK's and the ones i do are noobs

the things i can see MK has over pit besides recovery is faster (movement and attacks) his sword seems to out prioritize/range pits attacks

pits only advantage i can see is reflectors, projectiles, a sick Bair, and his multi hits have more hits per attack (which doesnt really matter much)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Can we just forget ROB already?

Now, if Pit was as equal as MK, he'd be winning tournies just as much as Mini Darth Batman aka Broken MK, and for those who didnt know, a MK won the recent Axis tourney. I think it was DSF, which Futile with his Wario, came in 2nd.

Top Bottom