• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody NOT have Brawl on reserve yet?

Bmm

Smash Cadet
i havn't... i'm going to either tonight or tomorow though...
can't afford not having a copy the day it comes out

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I can see this ending up closed, but I think I'll say something while it's alive.

I would've reserved mine sooner than I did, but I had to wait for my birthday to have any money, so that's what I did with my birthday money. Preordered Brawl. I think it was Sept 25th.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
y6hytjhyj

I don't. Huge games like halo 3 and burning crusade weren't sold out right away, brawl won't be. The only time games really seem to get sold out super quick is when it's a collectores edition or its a MEGA release (WoW launch). Just to let you know I don't and never will play WoW just incase anyone is wondering.

Seriously you should go burn in hell for saying "olol it wunt be on teh shelves fer a week"

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
I don't have it reserved yet. Mostly because I'm not even sure where I'm going to be in February, and I don't want to reserve it at home if I'm going to be at college

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I didn't. I'm already sure it won't be sold out where I live. Even so, I can wait a couple of days to get it. It'll be on a school day for me anyway so it's not like I have much time to play it.

Again, No, I didn't and I'm not reserving it, or any game. I got Super Mario Galaxy the day it was in stores. Had no problem.

Smashbro24

Smash Apprentice
Underneath the screen of your computer screen, sta
I don't. Huge games like halo 3 and burning crusade weren't sold out right away, brawl won't be. The only time games really seem to get sold out super quick is when it's a collectores edition or its a MEGA release (WoW launch). Just to let you know I don't and never will play WoW just incase anyone is wondering.

Seriously you should go burn in hell for saying "olol it wunt be on teh shelves fer a week"
nice.. i admit i was overexagerating by saying it wont be on the the shelves for a week, but you have to admit, it will be difficult to find on the fist few days. (thats not very nice to say...:()

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I've had it preordered since gamestop first started taking preorders. I suggest you do just in case they decide to release some kind of pre-order bonus.
I hope they do that, and I preordered mine a couple of months ago.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
i also won't be pre-ordering it. the only game i ever pre-ordered was ocarina of time for the gold cartridge. i know for a fact when i walk in the store the day it comes out there will be some there. even when the wii was sold out like crazy every store i went to still had a ton of copies of twilight princess.

i would pre-order it, but i don't have the money now and i'll have the money then so i think it makes no difference.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
just got mine on reserve today! i must admit the 20% off on the strategy guide is also quite sexulecent as well

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Link's Crossbow Training (w/zapper), Wii Play, and Carnival Games all sold out, and were hard to find for a while when they first came out. I was lucky to get Wii Play and Crossbow/Zapper at launch...still am debating whether claw machine is enough reason for me to buy Carnival Games.

But the point: Brawl will be more popular than Wii Play, Wii Zapper, and Carnival Games. It's gonna be sold out for a while, especially launching during a time that Nintendo struggles to keep first party software on the shelves.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Link's Crossbow Training (w/zapper), Wii Play, and Carnival Games all sold out, and were hard to find for a while when they first came out. I was lucky to get Wii Play and Crossbow/Zapper at launch...still am debating whether claw machine is enough reason for me to buy Carnival Games.

But the point: Brawl will be more popular than Wii Play, Wii Zapper, and Carnival Games. It's gonna be sold out for a while, especially launching during a time that Nintendo struggles to keep first party software on the shelves.
Not true at all. They'll manufacture far more copies than they will Zappers, which is simply an accessory, Carnival Games? Come on. That's about as obscure as you can get.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I haven't. And I won't be. After the Super Mario Galaxy issue, I'm not wasting my money AND my time on a reserve. If the same thing happens with Brawl that happened with SMG, then I could very well end up with Brawl before anyone who reserved it does.

Also, by not reserving it, I can go pick it up from any store I want and am not limited to one store simply because I already put in money for it.

Brawl won't be sold out on the first day. Galaxy wasn't. Halo 3 wasn't. Brawl won't be either. (yes i know. brawl beats all of those put together but still.)

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Not reserving until 2008, that is ONLY if there's gonna be a midnight release at Gamestop.

Otherwise I'm taking a bus ride to the new Target just outside my college and getting my hands on it 10:45am sharp.

mas369

Smash Apprentice
I've been stingy with my money lately because I have been saving it for... well... I don't know, but since you brought it up and since there could be a pre-order bonus, which I am allways a sucker for, I might as well, just to be sure I get a copy.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm graduating in a few weeks and getting a job, so I don't know where I'll be in February. Therefore, I can't reserve it yet >_<

Then again, I managed to be the first person in this city to own Super Mario Galaxy without a reservation, so I should be fine either way.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
I don't. Mainly because I wanted to make sure all my other friends would have it reserved at the same place. I'll be reserving it in a couple weeks.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
nice.. i admit i was overexagerating by saying it wont be on the the shelves for a week, but you have to admit, it will be difficult to find on the fist few days. (thats not very nice to say...:()

No it won't. I got super mario galaxy the day it came out without a pre-order no problem. I actually went with my friend to Eb games when he bought burning crusade (Only because we were going somewhere after) the day after it came out an no problems getting it.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Serioiusly. It wont be on the shelvs anywhere for about a week, so you'd better put a reserve on it if you havent already!:)(i already have it all paid off.. amd i will be at the store the second it opens to grab it for my own....)
You really shouldn't listen to those guys at gamestop/gamecrazy/wherever that try to get you to buy preorders. They have to try to get you to. It is easy as hell to buy games, and if you've tried to buy any other major nintendo releases this year you know that gamestop/gamecrazy have them a day AFTER major retailers, and on top of that they open later. I personally want to play brawl ASAP so I'm going to buy it at a major retailer that doesn't do preorders, so I'll be able to get a copy easily at 8am.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I might reserve one...depends if I get a Wii before Brawl even comes out.

icestormganon

Smash Rookie
We have about 20 Wii Plays and a bunch of Zappers at the Wal-Mart I'm at. It's not a problem where I work.

For the Halo release, we have 20 people show up, and there was about 200 copies in stock.

The point is, there is absolutely no reason to reserve one unless they they give you something for doing it. And why would you need a stragety guide for Brawl?

Top Bottom