• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dodge happy characters

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Who do you deal with them. one of my friends mains lucario and all he does is dodge. Even when i predict where he will dodge its like lucario still has invicible frames and he AAA combos me. Is there a move that shuts down Dodge and spotdodge happy people?????

Villi

Smash Lord
Down smash is better all around for both.
If you predict a roll or spot dodge, use vanish at that point.
Hyphen smash charged a click will punish a spot dodge good.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i know what u mean, i have trouble sometimes w/ spotdodgers

maybe chain if u keep a little distance

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Anything that runs a hit box for a while should work.

Sometimes I use needles. Sometimes just a single needle if you time it right. D-smash and F-smash work too. I like to do stupid things some times for no reason, like trying to time a Vanish.

Honestly, for punishing, D-smash is your best bet.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
cant tell you for certain since i need to check lucario's sidestep speed, but f-smash is quite useful against sideteppers but terrible against shields

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Let's see:

Downsmash is a great everything punisher. If the spotdodge, they will get hit by one of the later hits of it. If they roll towards/past you it also works well.

Forward Smash is good for punishing people who roll away from directly in front of you.

Charged needles are also great for punishing people rolling away.

Chain-Dragging is GREAT against people who sidestep in front of you. If you get them thinking you're going to running grab them, and instead throw out the chain and drag it, they will sidestep and eat a ton of damage. Also works if they shield, since this thing pokes like crazy. If they roll behind you and you predict this, you can throw out the chain in the opposite direction, or alternately just reverse-Drag it to drag them in front of you and rack up even more damage. Work on your chain Dragging, it's a great defense-punisher move.

Uptilt is decent, due to its range and duration, if they roll towards you or sidestep when you're right on top of then.

As for airdodges, the Nair is great at catching them out of it, as it lasts longer than one.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if people roll behind you, ftilt. or if you're predicting a roll (fast rolling characters like pit, mk, and lucario all like to roll behind you) dsmash pre-emptively, or turn around and jab. ftilt is still the best.

if someone's spot dodging right in front of you, spam jabs.

if you're crazy, you can use fsmashes, charged smashes, or chain lock. jabs are the safest option.

if people are rolling away, use charged needles.

sheik's stage control is decent, but not the best. that's why smaller stages like battlefield and smashville are best for her.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Hyphen smash
Danger! Danger!

but in all seriousness. if im ever in a sidestep battle i usually back out. sheik can't punish as well as some other characters, and needles ****. staying in a sidestep battle is what gets you wario fsmashed/pooped on. other than that you've got a lot of good answers.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Dsmash is the way to go if their dodge will end near you (since it's pretty easy). The chain racks damage like crazy but is harder to do and riskier. Running Usmash (or boosted ones) can work if they're dodging around for no real reason.

Or you could change to Zelda and people either stop mindless rolling/dodging all around you or they magically disappear real quick.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Hmm. I play dodge friendly people, and I always use Dsmash. He always accuses me of spamming even though it's such a good punisher, and he keeps rolling. Anyways, I'll try needles and ftilt. This helped me.. btw is grab a decent idea? I'm trying to grab more.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I play dodge friendly people, and I always use Dsmash. He always accuses me of spamming even though it's such a good punisher, and he keeps rolling. Anyways, I'll try needles and ftilt. This helped me.. btw is grab a decent idea? I'm trying to grab more.
Grab's great for shielders. For dodgers, odds are they just sidestep the grab and then punish you.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Chain is definitely an awesome option.

I personally like to do a pivot grab since Sheik can get into a dash very quick.

Jabs, Usmash, Dsmash, Vanish, and Utilt are all awesome options.

Top Bottom