• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Docs recoveries

sunflash

Smash Cadet
does anyone know any tips on help with docs recoveries? the only thing i do is down+b while continuosly tapping b, thn up+b.

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
Well, if I'm over the height of the land then I use the cape to make me stall a bit and make me move side ways a bit, and then I use up + b.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Typically I recover this way: I DI strongly up and towards the stag, tornado (down+b tap) as soon as possible (after a bit of DI), double jump, cape or pill if above the stage, and then sweetspot the edge with his up+b.

This recovery varies due to different situations I may be facing, but I usually just do this.

I hope I helped you out a bit =)

Also, watch Smashmac's video (as Kasha said).

Sago

Smash Lord
smash di diaginaly twords the stage and up then i usualy jump and shoot like 2 or so pills (maybe fastfall after them down b if needed or just upb

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Stall as best you can with whatever you can, try and mark the ledge with a pill to prevent edgehogging, fastfall past edgeguards if you see them coming, or jump over them. Also don't forget to sweetspot. With Dr mario you've got the huge grab range. Don't forget, to DI well you should put the control stick at a right angle to the trajectory. So marth's Fsmash to the left, you should put the control stick at Northeast (Up and right). For something like Falcon's knee or Sheiks fair you should should DI straight up.

Other than that there really isn't that much you can do about the recovery other than hope that you can mash B pretty fast.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
[sarcasm]
2 easy fixes for the recovery problem

1) you own enough so that you dont get knocked off the stage

or

2) you make sure that when you get knocked off, you get knocked CLEAR off the stage.

Done. :-D

[/sarcasm]

sunflash

Smash Cadet
thx, usually i just DI towards the stage and down and b, but can you DI while down+b ing?

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
One thing I like to do with doc is first of all DI very high when I get hit, then I mash I down b, and then I jump while I use his neutral B turnaround and use docs bair to get extra recover and to punish edgehoggers.

Top Bottom