• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

doc's f-air vs. ganon's f-air

10'sRAGE

Smash Rookie
which is faster? i have a noob friend who says they're about the same speed. i'd have to say that ganon's is faster. and stronger. and better.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
Ganon's fair:

Hit frames: 14-19
Entire animation: 44

Doc´s:

Hit frames: 18-22
Entire animation: 74

Taken from SuperDoodleMan Frame data archive.

Ganon´s fair has more of an horizontal knockback but doc´s has more vertical. Overall, their knockback is similar but Doc´s will KO sooner of the top and Ganon´s sooner off the side.

Personally i find Ganons fair better.

P.S. this does NOT apply with the PAL version. Ganons fair has much lower knockback than Doc´s in PAL. Check out this thread about it: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=104249

Stormblast Out :)

10'sRAGE

Smash Rookie
yeah. whenever im playing doc against a ganon and i go head to head in the air and expect to trade hits at the least, i always get punched by ganon way before doc's fist grows any larger. ganon's f-air animation seems like it doesnt even have to finish for you to still get punched off the stage.

10'sRAGE

Smash Rookie
Two questions:

Is the 3 frame difference (at slowest) between the two attacks really significant?

How many frames does an l-cancel remove?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
half of them

and every frame matters

if one frame is off on a tv from lag, then it can ruin any good smashers game completely

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I dunno, I think Ganon's F-air is better, but I find Doc's easier to pull off simply because Doc isn't as slow and can move into the hit.

sk8tinGam0r

Smash Cadet
it depends on how u play i like docs better cause if ur playin a good player they will DI. which direction do you DI? Normally up and to the stage. if u DI up and docs has more upwards trajectory then docs will KO before gannons will. but gannon can spike there recovery so if u ask me its just a matter of personal preference. but id say doc just cause doc owns all!!!!

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
Not saying docs fair is bad but Ganons is FAR better...much more lag on docs and ganons has more range more power(I think) and it is more useful...he cant combo in to it as well but it is still amazing...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Just to add to this arguement.

Yes, ganon's f.air is better. You cannot argue with that.

It's faster, it reaches longer, and it has great knockback (dunno which one has stronger.

Ganon's fair is more resourceful than docs, seeing how ganon's love retreating f.air (docs cant really use this as much cause of the speed of the fair).

And ganon's attacks lead to his fair better, and at lower percents. (As opposed to doc, who has to get upthrows, downthrows (at high percents), and awkward dash attacks to lead to his fair.)

____

It's not to say doc's f.air is bad, cause it's not. But in the question of which one is better.

Ganon's.

Hands down.

Roman.

Smash Champion
Ganon's fair does a little less damage too I think so that's atleast a plus for doc! Meh, whatever ganon has a better fair, big WOOP! He doesn't have doc's deadly bair so I'll take that exchange anyday.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ganon's fair does a little less damage too I think so that's atleast a plus for doc! Meh, whatever ganon has a better fair, big WOOP! He doesn't have doc's deadly bair so I'll take that exchange anyday.

--sigh-- you're right.

Ganon doesnt have doc's b.air. Ganon has a better one with more knockback for about the same amount of frames.

Dear god can this topic die?

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice

haha...yeah, because ganons bair is SOOOO much worse then docs...

Top Bottom