• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think SSBB Pikachu is Ash's?

I don't think so. SSBB Pikachu comes out of a Pokeball, Ash's doesn't. Ash's Pikachu also never used "Thunderjolt". Both of their Volt Tackles look different, and Ash's Pikachu doesn't use Skull Bash. I think that Pikachu belongs to Red(in the manga, Red has a Pikachu thatg goes into a Poke Ball). One of Pikachu's alternate outfits, the hat, kinda looks like one of Red's hats.

What do you think?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if it was Ash's chu, he would never get hit as he has the ability DODGE IT. Also, no one can dodge thunder as it AIMS FOR THE HORN! And then to top it off, whenever someone reflects Pikachu's thunder back at him, he gains THUNDER ARMOR!

Also he would know iron tail, not skull bash.

neji32

Smash Lord
First Ash's pika does know skull bash. Iron tail is supposed to be Usmash btw
And of course volt tavkle looks different....its sakurais version

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It doesn't know that move.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, Ash's pikachu doesn't know Skull Bash. According to Bulbapedia, it's used:

Thundershock, Tackle, Tail Whip, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Quick Attack, Agility, Leer, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle, Slam, & Double-Edge

It's definitely just the Pichu from Melee. I wanna know who's throwing that pokeball, though..... (Master Hand?)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yeah, Ash's pikachu doesn't know Skull Bash. According to Bulbapedia, it's used:

Thundershock, Tackle, Tail Whip, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Quick Attack, Agility, Leer, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle, Slam, & Double-Edge

It's definitely just the Pichu from Melee. I wanna know who's throwing that pokeball, though..... (Master Hand?)
Leer, Double-Edge, Tail Whip, and Tackle? I don't recall those moves being ever used. I don't think Slam was ever used either, and was probably used in some sort of sentence (IE "Slam Raichu into the ground")

But yeah, it's Pichu evolved. Check out that Nair.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Now if he used surf... we'll know for sure....

*smuggles screenshot of pikachu with squirtle's moveset*.....
*imagines showing the photo*

I have thus proved that this pika is Ash's

Thank you... lol

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, Not a fledgeling smashboards'er anymore

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Pikachu can't even LEARN those moves.

Ash should teach Pikachu Brick break! I'm waiting for Pikachu to learn it in the anime every since the 3rd generation. (Cause Pikachu can learn it... for some reason)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not a big fan of SSBB Pikachu. I'd love to see him use Hyper Beam though. :lick:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Everyone knows hyper beam and the like are for FINAL evolutions ONLY
Then explain how Charizard, Lucario, and Ness don't have hyper beam.
They're all final evolutions. :mad:

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Then explain how Charizard, Lucario, and Ness don't have hyper beam.
They're all final evolutions. :mad:
Charizard learns Blast Burn, Lucario learns his own shiz, and Ness gets OHKO'd by moves like Seismic Toss and Vital Throw.

Ever since the introduction of Giga Impact and stuff like that, everyone has their own version of Hyper Beam.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Thing to note is Giga Impact is physical and Hyper beam is special. Pokemon who lack their elemental beam learn either or both Hyper beam and Giga Impact. (I think some learn multiple beams though)

and BESIDES! Lucario learns Close Combat, that move is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than hyper beam. 120 base power + STAB = death for anything that doesn't resist it. Higher defense pokemon take over 50% so its 2HKO at least to those non resistant ones.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
This thread is win.

Ussi: Hippowdon and Bronzong say hi.

But yeah, close combat> like almost every other sweeping move. MAYBE outrage.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
right. dratini?
The unevolved forms of certian pokemon like dratini, larvitar, (bagon? I don't rmemeber) ect don't count. They are like baby ubers. Also, they have little loopholes because final evolutions are supposed to be mable to learn hyper beam, but final evolutions in 3rd gen aren't always final evos. Dusknoir?

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Don't you guys think your a little off topic.

The answer is clearly no. No skull bash on anime pika nor iron tail on Game pika. Anime pika doesn't go into it's pokeball.

Ah yes and for that off topic post about How charzard lucario and (Apparentally) Ness can't learn hyper beam........ NESS AINT NO POKEMON!!!!!! lol

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Pikachu DOES no how to surf. Look at him surf on dragoon.

Also my pika knows how to break dance.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pikachu can't even LEARN those moves.
I'm getting this off of Bulbapedia, buuut....

He used Leer against Houndour in Hour of the Houndour
And Double-Edge during the Indigo Plateau Conference

Dunno about Tackle, but come on.... it's the anime.... they invented THUNDER ARMOR. That means anything's possible, lol.

Also, Tag, my pikachu challenges your pikachu to a break dancing contest. :mad: He's already got the flyy headgear (goggles ftw).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Pikachu, use Thuder Bolt.... wait, when did you relearn Thunder? That's a great move, why the hell you got rid of Thunder for Thunder Bolt Ash's Pikachu?

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197330
Every single move in that thread is a pokemon move Pikachu uses.

In addition, Pikachu can use Volt Tackle (Final Smash), Dive (Quick Attack Underwater), Fling (throw an item), and Protect (Dodge/Shield).

Haven't you noticed the stat differences in Ash's Pikachu as the generations of Smash progressed? At first his Pikachu managed to take down an entire flock of spearow. That one was released into the Pikachu tribe they found in "Pikachu's Goodbye". The one that emerged at the end of the show was sent by Pikachu to be Ash's new companion. Shortly after joining, Ash's original Pikachu was captured and placed into SSB. That's why he kicked so much ***.

For his efforts, Ash's original Pikachu was given an opportunity to retire with a beautiful female Pikachu. They breeded, and gave birth to two Pichus. The firstborn evolved and was quickly placed in SSBM. His younger brother Pichu's jealousy kept him from evolving, but through begging cutely (Pichu used Charm!) he managed to snag a hidden character slot. Competition was tough, and it was hard for him to win because of his light size. Overexerting himself caused him to get hurt by his own electric attacks. This hindered the happiness that would otherwise allow him to evolve.

Overtime, Ash's 2nd Pikachu had reached a high level and it was time to switch it for the new generation. SSBM Pikachu wanted to go home to Ash's 1st Pikachu and it's wife to take care of them in their old age/high level. Sakurai offered to let Pichu stay in the smash series and let SSBM Pikachu retire. Overjoyed, Pichu evolved into SSBB Pikachu. "Just as planned" laughed Sakurai.

This is why SSBB Pikachu wears the goggles of SSBM Pichu, and why Ash's Pikachu lacks the power and badassery it used to have.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That.... was the best storytime story EVER.

Muhznit, you win. (So does your sig -- I can actually see the animated parts on this computer.... o.O)

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
That.... was the best storytime story EVER.

Muhznit, you win. (So does your sig -- I can actually see the animated parts on this computer.... o.O)
O: Someone else with Firefox 3!

Wow Muhznit you don't post enough. More!
I kinda just typed that out of nowhere, really ('-' ) If anything, most walls of text I type are really weird dreams I've had or contrain erotic content. I rarely explain things in video games like this. o_o

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197330
Every single move in that thread is a pokemon move Pikachu uses.

In addition, Pikachu can use Volt Tackle (Final Smash), Dive (Quick Attack Underwater), Fling (throw an item), and Protect (Dodge/Shield).

Haven't you noticed the stat differences in Ash's Pikachu as the generations of Smash progressed? At first his Pikachu managed to take down an entire flock of spearow. That one was released into the Pikachu tribe they found in "Pikachu's Goodbye". The one that emerged at the end of the show was sent by Pikachu to be Ash's new companion. Shortly after joining, Ash's original Pikachu was captured and placed into SSB. That's why he kicked so much ***.

For his efforts, Ash's original Pikachu was given an opportunity to retire with a beautiful female Pikachu. They breeded, and gave birth to two Pichus. The firstborn evolved and was quickly placed in SSBM. His younger brother Pichu's jealousy kept him from evolving, but through begging cutely (Pichu used Charm!) he managed to snag a hidden character slot. Competition was tough, and it was hard for him to win because of his light size. Overexerting himself caused him to get hurt by his own electric attacks. This hindered the happiness that would otherwise allow him to evolve.

Overtime, Ash's 2nd Pikachu had reached a high level and it was time to switch it for the new generation. SSBM Pikachu wanted to go home to Ash's 1st Pikachu and it's wife to take care of them in their old age/high level. Sakurai offered to let Pichu stay in the smash series and let SSBM Pikachu retire. Overjoyed, Pichu evolved into SSBB Pikachu. "Just as planned" laughed Sakurai.

This is why SSBB Pikachu wears the goggles of SSBM Pichu, and why Ash's Pikachu lacks the power and badassery it used to have.
Wow...did you think of this yourself?!?

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Wow...did you think of this yourself?!?
Google it if you want. That post should contain the very first instance of it the moment Google decides to index it. Should we add it to the sticky as some backstory to Pikachu?

Top Bottom