• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think anything is "cheap?"

orintemple

Smash Lord
Oh, I have been lying to myself this whole time, and to you all.

I do think something is cheap.

Mechandise at the dollar store is cheap.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
no i just fought a meta-knight the other day and i thought it was more fun than annoying. i play marth all the time so i dont see him as cheap n e more. i only got a problem with sheik f tilts :pikachu:

mjsdawg

Smash Rookie
Chain grabbing is cheap. Anything that is unbreakable is cheap. (Not counting Final Smashes) That's just my opinion.
You wouldn't count counterpicking your character as breaking the chain grab? Opponnent picks D3, you pick Fox, Olimar, Pikachu, ZSS, etc. Bam, chain grab broken.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Nothing is cheap. To win you should try anything you want.

When someone says that "insertmovehere" is cheap its usually because they got owned with it lol

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
yo, I think certain chain grabs can be very cheap at low percentages, I recall shiek's chain grab in melee was brutal, 0 to 70% without any ability to move...ouch. Edgehogging is kinda bad for me too, but im guilty of doing it. You have to play cheap to edgehog someone with like 20% without a fight though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Know what's cheap? When the person you're playing against starts calling your techniques cheap, kicks you in the nads, unplugs the system, and walks away.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
Know what's cheap? When the person you're playing against starts calling your techniques cheap, kicks you in the nads, unplugs the system, and walks away.
^^this

people who have to make excuses to protect their self confidence should be driven to the street and shot...

lol @ the people who think chain grabbing should be banned. Alot of them are probably for smash balls in tournaments =/. That or they haven't been here for long >_>

Niko_K

Smash Master
The only thing that I truly find "cheap' would be the new IC infinite's in brawl. The game has only been out for a couple months and people can already consistently pull of 0-100+ grab combos that are inescapable. We have no known way for grab breaking so there really is no way to counter it except mashing buttons hoping you'll break free.

The amount of grab combo's the IC's have is just overwhelming, one grab against a good IC players leads to your death.

Also even if you get grabbed at higher percentages, they can charge a smash while having you grabbed.

Ludacris!

In all honesty though it won't be banned so we're going to have to learn to deal with techniques like this, and as most IC mains say "Don't get grabbed" it really is the only option at the moment.

So in response to what CanadianPimp said, these techniques actually force the opponent to INCREASE their usage of strategy and "mindgames" to avoid being grabbed yet still being able to rack up the damage. You can start to read when the opposition is attempting a grab and punish them for it. Nothing is cheap if it is avoidable. You can avoid being grabbed so that's what you have to do to avoid getting CG'd.

-Niko

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
So in response to what CanadianPimp said, these techniques actually force the opponent to INCREASE their usage of strategy and "mindgames" to avoid being grabbed yet still being able to rack up the damage.
^ This. This philosophy is even present in Dragon Ball Z. Vegeta tells Goku on Namek to not show any mercy, and to play to win against Frieza. Smash is basically the only fighting game where "cheapness" is given so much consideration. People need to suck it up and work around it. People so worried about cheap moves would be obliterated in a heartbeat in MvC2. As the level of your opposition increases, so does your own skill level in order to win.

Top Bottom