• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you play Stock or Timed???

Thino

Smash Master
I play either
1v1 4 stocks
2v2 4 stocks
FFA 5-minutes items on very high
random chars random stage (except IC's one)

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
I am torn on the issue.

Some days I like timed better. If you are playing on a stage that is kind of hazardous, playing time allows you to correct anything crazy that might happen. (Like the yellow blocks in Yoshi's Island randomly falling.) Time you know how long you can beat on your opponent. Also with time, if you need to go do something, you know exactly how long you have to get back so you don't lose your spot in the rotation.

Stock can be more fun at times, as long as you are playing on a nuetral stage. Knowing exactly what you have left to fight with might change your strategy.

I'm going to have to go with time as I type this out. We like to play "first to 50 kills" or "100 kills" and we like to do that through time battles most of the time.

I like them both though, just call me not picky.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
4 Stock in pretty much everything.
I find that in time, it always cuts me off before I'm satisfied. With stock, when you beat another guy, you KNOW you won, and what's done is done.

Psbl_lkr

Smash Cadet
We prefer 3-5 minutes time match.

Actions is on whole match unlike in stock matched, where some friends hate to minute or two while others beat each other. They simply came to play smash, not watch smash. Stock matches are nice for 1v1 fights.

MR333

Smash Cadet
stock definetly. timed just isnt as fun. because when somebody gets a lot of damage done to them, they can suicide, making it so u dont get ur point.

Psbl_lkr

Smash Cadet
stock definetly. timed just isnt as fun. because when somebody gets a lot of damage done to them, they can suicide, making it so u dont get ur point.
Put -2 or -3 points for suicider, so they NEVER win.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Of course the answer is stock. Although time gives people who are inexperienced a better chance at camping-for-the-win, there is no skill involved, particularly due to a Sudden Death. If there are 3 people in a SD match and they feel like ganging up on the other guy who is better then them, that person is toast even though they have superior skillz. In tournaments, a stocked battle with maybe 10-15 mins. is OK, it allows for skill displays and keeps the tourny moving. But stock is the most fun of the two because they tend to have more epic battles as people fight for their lives. I do 3-5 stock, no time.

And coin battles? Unless you like a battle in which the winner is obvious from the start, or can change at the last second, never use this mode AT ALL!

DQP

Smash Ace
Time!!

i prefer time matches because in stock, once i'm out, i'm out. but in time smashers have unlimited stock, and i just happen to find it better. sorry stock lovers. but i do agree on one thing: nobody will play coin battle!!

dnishimura

Smash Rookie
i prefer time matches because in stock, once i'm out, i'm out. but in time smashers have unlimited stock, and i just happen to find it better. sorry stock lovers. but i do agree on one thing: nobody will play coin battle!!
When you're playing with more than one friend, time matches are much better... cause no one will have to wait until the battle is over

studgangsta

Smash Cadet
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER PLAY TIME??? haha well the only time i play time is when my noob friends play with me and i want them to last the whole match other than that, never.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
definitly stock, I played 15 stock, 12, 10 and 8 never lower than that

I like paying around and killing myself until the last life were I then pretend to get pissed and seriously kick a$$!!, especially becaause n00bs think I suck until the last life

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
i always go with stock timed isn't as fun because you might be having a great match and if it's timed then it will be cut short where as if you have stock you have all the time you need.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Four Stock for me, or, if I practice, I do a timed match... but without any time. Occasionaly, my friends and I screw around with items, but we usually just play without them.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I love it when people say................BUMPED!
Everyone who is somebody should play stock i dont see why people play timed.

Top Bottom