• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like Yugi'oh?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Basically..

Then again.. hand advantage rules in any gaming atmosphere...

Think about hand advantage as options.. the more options you have, and you win.

In Smash it could be seen as "Tech Skill"... the more moves/things you can perform at your disposal the better off your are at reacting to your opponent.

i agree with the options but yugioh breaks the option rule because of Broken *** cards like DaD and allure... back in the day it was Ced and Pot... staring to notice something?
the options in magic are lot more liable. Because in yugioh there is a incredibly high chance the monster card will die or magic card will get counterd....
All around in yugioh you can can almost always know what your opponent has just by process of elimination.

wow we think almost alike....

Yes in smash it's all about one uping your opponent

Sonic_keyblade

Smash Apprentice
One strategy to PWN with a broken deck is have the Raging Flame Sprite card in your deck, and have lots of cards like Sakuretsu armor, and 1000 tools of the bandits and stuff to keep it on the field. RFS's Effect is to gain 1000 attack points every time it attacks your opponents life points, and it can attack your opponents life points directly.

It IS pretty cheap, but not as cheap as Destiny Board and Exodia based decks.

Try not to make RFS your only offence. Its quite easy to destroy at first with only 100 ATK and 100 DEF.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I remember watching some obscure Yugioh series... like the "original" or something that wasn't aired in America.

Pretty dec anime... still, I prefer 1st three seasons of Pokemon. :"}

Marie_54

Smash Ace
No no no nonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoono.

Really bad pun...

I used to like it though i had a few cards and a video game but the best things were a Red Eyes Black Dragon and i can't remember the name something like Millenium Dragon or something... It was red with yellow eyes and had 2 or 3 mouths... figures... I found them to be very cute... I always wanted to have one of Blue eyes Ultimate Dragon (if i remembered the name right) but they were always sold out... Yeah i'll be leaving now...

drcossack

Smash Ace
No no no nonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoono.

Really bad pun...

I used to like it though i had a few cards and a video game but the best things were a Red Eyes Black Dragon and i can't remember the name something like Millenium Dragon or something... It was red with yellow eyes and had 2 or 3 mouths... figures... I found them to be very cute... I always wanted to have one of Blue eyes Ultimate Dragon (if i remembered the name right) but they were always sold out... Yeah i'll be leaving now...
Blue Eyes Ultimate? It was an SJ Promo (JMP-EN005) - I don't know if the website would be a way for you to get it. I put mine in my binder as soon as I found the page it was on.

LOL.

I remember when Yata was the sh*t ;p Graceful was still legal.. Sinister Serpent actually meant something.. and "Blowing your CED" wasn't gay
I hated Yata decks. That was the only time I made a side deck - it was made solely for the purpose of defeating a Yata-Lock. Sinister was just a minor annoyance (I liked putting 3 Axes of Despair, Mage Power, and United We Stand on Spear Dragon.)

Shök

Smash Champion
Sinister was just a minor annoyance (I liked putting 3 Axes of Despair, Mage Power, and United We Stand on Spear Dragon.)
Lol, defense ****.

Yeah but back then, Yata locks were the thing to look out for.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Lol, defense ****.

Yeah but back then, Yata locks were the thing to look out for.
Heh, I loved my Beatdown deck. I had all the standard powerhouse monsters and magic (Version 1 featured 7 Colored Fish and Harpie's Brother, which were obviously replaced with the 1900 Attack Monster when available), and I also mixed in "defense" type cards - Waboku, Imperial Order, Solemn Judgment, etc.

I was extremely happy when Injection Fairy Lily hit the states. 12000+ Attack is positively frightening (though I didn't do this very often) - Defense **** Spear Dragon was bad enough.

Come to think of it, Yata-Locks weren't around too long, were they? As I remember it, the ban list came shortly after. I forget exactly what I put in my anti-Yata side deck, but it had a few Offerings to the Doomed (or whatever it was called - it was the Quickplay version of Tribute to the Doomed that skipped the draw phase)

By memory, here was my Beatdown deck before the first ban list:

Monsters (14)
3xGemini Elf
3xSpear Dragon
3xSummon Skull
1xJinzo
1xInjection Fairy Lily
1xSlate Warrior
1xCyber Jar
1xVampire Lord

Magic (15)
1xMonster Reborn
1xPot of Greed
1xRaigeki
2xGraceful Charity
1xHeavy Storm
1xHarpie's Feather Duster
1xPremature Burial
3xAxe of Despair
1xMage Power
1xUnited We Stand
1xChange of Heart
1xMystical Space Typhoon

Trap (11)
3xWaboku
1xImperial Order
1xSolemn Judgment
1xMagic Cylinder
1xRing of Destruction
1xBarrel Behind the Door (I <3 <3 <3'd the Ring+Barrel combo)
1xCall of the Haunted
1xMirror Force
1xTorrential Tribute

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Blue Eyes Ultimate? It was an SJ Promo (JMP-EN005) - I don't know if the website would be a way for you to get it. I put mine in my binder as soon as I found the page it was on.

Oops i was kind of sleepy when i said that... I meant they were figures not cards... Notice how the word figures is flying around...:laugh:

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
lol @ Waboku.. i remember when that was teh sh*t...

"Ima pop my CED"

"Chain Waboku"

LOL.

Scapegoat ftl
people were actually debating which was better this format. waboku or mirror force, since the format is so fast lol(this was before the mid format changes)

and scapegoats are good still, in plasma control lol

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
LOL.

Mirror Force was such card advantage it was really a disadvantage to not play it...

and if you activated it in a previous game, it would be a mindgame putting your opponent on edge thinking...

"ZOMG, what if that is a Mirror Force =0 "

/plasma control makes Chozen lol

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
lol.. most of my sh*t is back from the days pre-new format...

I took 9th at the SJC in Boston a 1.5 years ago [like 06' Oct] .. but not really anymore...

If you let me proxy a deck then i'm down... i still gots teh player skillz ;p

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Holy ****

Thats one of the two Jumps I've ever been to.

I brought Chris Winkler, lol.

So everything you have is Chaos/Stein format? I'll Build a deck in that format. I probably still have the list on paper in my house somewhere hahaha.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Dmoc is broken w/ Monster Reborn >_>

i forget though.. does Dmoc hit the field before the Reborn goes to the graveyard.. i think it does due to the link of the chain... wow i'm a *** >_>

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
When you play spells they go immediately to the graveyard(unless they are like continous). Dmoc is awesome. I am just happy that Dimmension fusion got banned. It makes the meta at least a couple turns slower. (Destiny End Dragoon/Plasma Control is amazing. btw)

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
lol.. i remember that i was the ONLY person @ the 04' Nats that played VampireLord instead of Jinzo.. perhaps that's the reason i got 9th... F*CKING VARGAS.. Honestly... he atkd w/ Yata turn 2... >_> ON GAME 3.

SANDTRAP CAN DIE IN A **** FIRE.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
omg lolz yeah 1 mato 1 angel. LOL that **** is funny as hell i remember forcfull and duo first turn lolzwith graceful that NASTY! lolz

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
yeah and the be all like blows up sangan and fetches yatta FTW. *shoots self lolz*
Back in the day i ran 3 solemns and people said i was crazy lolz.

Top Bottom