• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do we have the best shield?

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's supposibly the penguin, DDD who takes the cake, but observe: Remove jump tap off, hold your shield directly up as diddy kong, and have mk tornado you. It will rarely shield poke, and at most break. We have the ultimate defense against the tornado. Does DDD have this? Me thinks not.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yes, you do beat us. I hate you both. >_>

Our fatness keeps the shield at a small average size, so we get poked easier.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IC's have the best shield.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
I think Hylian's talking about the IC's shield not being as vulnerable to grab like all the other characters because there's another one to smash you up.

To be honest that seems like a heck of a better advantage.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think Hylian's talking about the IC's shield not being as vulnerable to grab like all the other characters because there's another one to smash you up.

To be honest that seems like a heck of a better advantage.
This.

And ics just grab mks nado lol. MK almost never nados against ics.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
It's supposibly the penguin, DDD who takes the cake, but observe: Remove jump tap off, hold your shield directly up as diddy kong, and have mk tornado you. It will rarely shield poke, and at most break. We have the ultimate defense against the tornado. Does DDD have this? Me thinks not.
Yeah, that is exactly what we have.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This.

And ics just grab mks nado lol. MK almost never nados against ics.
I'm guessing Texas MKs can't space tornados?

IC shield sucks. So does D3's.

Diddy can actually shield a tornado, roll, then shield it again and spot dodge at the end of the tornado. There is no such thing as shield pressure against Diddy with the nado unless Diddy sits in his shield for no reason at all.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i was under the impression that all characters could tilt their shield up and block tornado without getting poked...

I've always done it with every character I've played....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i was under the impression that all characters could tilt their shield up and block tornado without getting poked...

I've always done it with every character I've played....
MK can poke your feet as well. He can also move out of your shield, and then your shield drops faster, and then come back and poke you. He cannot do this vs. Diddy.

Gnes

Smash Master
I'm guessing Texas MKs can't space tornados?

IC shield sucks. So does D3's.

Diddy can actually shield a tornado, roll, then shield it again and spot dodge at the end of the tornado. There is no such thing as shield pressure against Diddy with the nado unless Diddy sits in his shield for no reason at all.
Ur doing it wrong

:(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ur doing it wrong

:(
I wish. Unless the Diddy foolishly tries to punish your tornado from too far away and fails, simply rolling away from a tornado gives you enough shield to PS and spot dodge at the end of the 2nd tornado. :(

Lotopius

Smash Cadet
Bowser has the best shield, no question
Fat Bowser=huge shield (biggest in the game), it lasts longer and isn't as shieldpoked.
Fortress OoS litteraly turns the shield into a hitbox triggered anytime, and has great mobility compared to dolphin slash and shuttle loop.

After that would maybe come MK, because of shuttle loop, but his shield is quite small; so I would say the IC's.

Toneh

Smash Lord
thats what ive been noticing with snake. Back when i first started i had tap jump off, and would never get shield poked by nado. It also makes it 10x easier to block nado's with d3.

Now i use tap jump and get shield poked alot bc i cant angle shield up fast enough or snake will jump, kinda dumb.

Mk vs Snake that could mean alota damage or stock gone.

Tap jump lets me hop around while holding nades though

Top Bottom