• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do people truly care what tier their character is?

Krooton

Smash Cadet
I don't give a **** what tier my character is. I like Yoshi in all the games, he's a low tier isn't he not? Jigglypuff is awesome in melee (don't like her that much in brawl yet I still play her well in the game). I used to like Fox but he' soooo boring and repetitive so I quit him. Bowser and DK are fun to play even if they are slow. I like Diddy Kong because of his fighting style I wouldn't care if he was put in Lowest Tier or Highest Tier he's still awesome.

Raxivace

Smash Cadet
Personally, I don't care too much about what tier my main is. I love playing Snake, followed by Olimar, Luigi, and little Sonic every now and then.

Edds

Smash Ace
just you wait till a official tier list comes out. some/most people will be using whoever is on the top of the list. my only hope is that falcon will be on the top. because he is number 1.

D

Deleted member

No.
No, I don't care. Although, I can't forgive Sakurai for making Capt. Falcon worse than Melee, he's still a God.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
thank you, ppl shouldn't

it should be about how much u identify w/ the character or if u like their fighting style (or both)

~rh

Smash Lord
i dont care either but this is kinda akward because i play metaknight
:laugh:

People shouldn't care, I sure don't when people say i win cause I'm 'cheap'. As a result, I've created a saying that I'll live by whenever someone says I'm 'cheap'.

lookatmisiglulz

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
yeah, i really don't care...

it's just "cool extra info" like... oh HEY, i didn't know zelda was ___ teir! :)

Umpadumpalump

Smash Apprentice
I like being unique and high tier characters are used a whole lot, so when my favorite character is high tier it disappoints me.

bentrav

Smash Rookie
I don't think people will care what tier their character is when an accurate tier is formulated.
By that time, most people will be maining high tier characters anyways, so it shouldn't really make a difference.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Nope! I don't give one ****ty bit of a ****! =D

Just you take a look at Zelda and I from Melee. Her *** was bottom tier, but I still used her. And freaking pwned with her too. But it was worth it considering she got majorly buffed since Melee.

However I'm a bit annoyed that everyone and their grandmother uses Zelda now simply because she got buffed. When half of their ***** didn't even touch her in Melee. But its all good, its all good 8]

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I don't, Kirby for life. ^_^

I'm glad he's not used as much as Smash 64.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I'd prefer to have my characters low tier, I hate when people think I'm only good because of who I use. Also, It's fun being able to prove yourself with low tier characters.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
No, I really don't care what Tier my mains are.

I play them no matter what, a list doesn't tell me what characters to choose.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Not entirely. Although there are some characters that aren't good this time around, I still play them, like Samus.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I don't really care. The only thing that bugs me about it is people who think I only won because I play Meta Knight. That... I hate. That's why I have a whole set of lower-tier backups, so I can shove it down their throats. ;)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Let's see....

I mained Pichu on Melee, but I'm not, and most likely never will be, a competitive player. Also, a warning to people who haven't picked up Melee in a while: If you are used to the multiple air dodges, then I hope you don't mistakenly forget that you only get one in Melee like I did....

xcapablancax

Smash Cadet
the only reason why i decided to main marth was because when i first got the game i got ***** by a marth on wifi (gimp kills at low percents) and it inspired me

Its The Jinks

Smash Cadet
tiers don't matter in brawl , just pick a character u feel and use them because this is not melee so very little tech skill is involved dis game is based on smarts

Aziel

Smash Cadet
Snake Players are too busy winning pots of gold day and night at tournaments to care about tiers.

I don't care what tier the characters I use are. In Melee, I used Marth from the moment I unlocked him, and Young Link. When Brawl came out, after seeing just how much better Toon Link was from his Melee counterpart, I switched to him, and still use Marth as a secondary.

I

i8waffles612

I dont care neither. I will always main ZSS, no matter what.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I don't give a **** what tier my character is. I like Yoshi in all the games, he's a low tier isn't he not? Jigglypuff is awesome in melee (don't like her that much in brawl yet I still play her well in the game). I used to like Fox but he' soooo boring and repetitive so I quit him. Bowser and DK are fun to play even if they are slow. I like Diddy Kong because of his fighting style I wouldn't care if he was put in Lowest Tier or Highest Tier he's still awesome.
if you are talking about the melee fox, you clearly are an idiot who doesn't know how to play smash very well.

and as for your horrible rant, no one really cares about what tier their character theirs is. only how good they are with them.

§leepy God

Smash Master
My chracter choice is only picked by if I love they games. I like Earthbound so I keep Ness as my fav, and I like Fire Emblem, (mostly Radant Dawn), so I main Ike as my first main due to him being a new character in Smash, so I pick a new first best, but keep Ness my other first best.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm sick of Yoshi stomping my Fox left and right on Team Battles...
And I play a very good Fox.
They just roll away from everything and start throwing eggs, and then they egg roll you, and when you're not looking, they pop out of the ground and smash you.
It's freaky....
I hate Yoshi now.
Because of items, they helped his maniacal self....
I used to like Yoshi.
Now, I hate him as much as the brokenness known as DK.
At least Fox destroys him.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Tiers don't really matter since you can counter top tiers anyway. I just play with the characters that I feel are good for me, I'm not going to get good with Snake just because some stupid list...even though he has a bandana!

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
I don't really care. I do feel bad for certain characters when they're deemed 'low tier'. But then again, it does cause them to be underestimated. Link was bottom tier for SSB 64 yet I was untouchable with him. Now, here we are at Brawl, and I'm still maining Link. So, other than the whole 'respect' angle, tiers don't effect me at all.

Top Bottom