• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do a Barrel Roll! 3 -- April 14th, Dallas. 2v2's START AT 1:30!

reqy

Smash Journeyman
Mine was pretty good, I thought. Other than including ARC in the quote, of course.

"Slippy, watch out, there's a bogey on your tail."

"Whoa, help me!"

"Thanks Fox. I thought they had me."

"We're approaching Corneria city now."

"This is horrible..."

"Everybody stay alert!"

"You got an enemy on your tail!"

"Use the brakes! (C-Down)"

"I'll take this one. Get the one behind me!"

"Something's wrong with the G-diffuser."

"I could use some help here Fox!"

(Me, not in script: YEAH FALCO, NOT HOT **** NOW ARE YOU? YOU NEED ME, DON'T YOU!!!)

"Use the boost to chase!"

"I guess I should be thankful."

(Me: "YOU SON OF A *****.")
"Do a barrel roll!"
"Pretty smooth flying fox!"
"Follow me, Fox!"
"Falco. where you going?"
"I found the target. Try to keep up."
"Time for a little payback!"
"GOTCHA!"
"Ah, someone wants to play."
"Incoming enemy from the rear. Drop altitude."
"Deploy all units! CHARGE!"
"Enemy shield analyzed!"
"Go for the open spots!"
"I got a present for ya!"
"YEAH! It's working!"
"Who are you guys?"
"We're Star Fox!"
"You'll never defeat Andross!"

Bonus: "Disrespectful little welps. I'll teach you some respect!"

Ronnie is coming?!?!! I want money match DK vs Roy!!! And I demand many friendlies with him.
Ronniehogging?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
just so you kids know.......................the legendary MoufFromDaSouf will be going to this. bringing the BEST dk in tx. hylian,jf, hes coming for you.
You want Jf to 4 stock him in a DK ditto again? lols. Or do you want me to 3 stock him with fox again?

WiLD BOris

Smash Ace
"Fox, get this guy off of me."

The House will be there for teams and most likely not for singles.

Forkgirl -Bring CC!!

Why have a power ranking if there aint any deciding matches?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Lol @ anyone but me being best DK in TX. If Wes started using DK in tournaments then maybe I'd concede but until then, I AM THE PROUDEST MONKEY :chuckle:

swift

Smash Journeyman
When will we actually start the tourny? I would love to make it,but I have to work at five. If it starts at 12:00 or !:00 I can enter. If it started at twelve that would rock.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I challenge everyone going to this to a $1 Random Character Money Match. 3/5 and you cannot get the same character twice otherwise you have to re-random.

Any takers? :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Awesome. Find me at the tourny.

Anyone else? :) :) :).

Edit:
Wild Boris
Wobbles
Sethlon
Mouf

yay a list <_< >_>.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Scav, I'm sorry, but I can't team with you. Rayzorium is actually coming after all. Everyone be aware that Sword of DK will be in full effect and we are going to **** souls. :evil:

Scav, can we stay with you? And if so can I have your address either thru PM or AIM so I can mapquest?

Rayzorium

Smash Apprentice
Going to this if I don't oversleep! =D

EDIT: Looks like matt covered it. I'll also bring my undependable PoS TV if needed.

EDIT2: And looks like I'm leaving the night before so there's no danger of oversleeping!

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
JF: Sure, just let me know how many people that entails. I already have ARC + 3, so there might be quite the slumber party going on.

Zev: The target is 40 people. Right now with "guaranteeds" and "moast likelies", the count is ~36. This was before Xelic and Rayzorium and doesn't count names I don't know, such as Dirtytacos (yay) and the Deep Ellum folks. The fun part is, right now we're looking at between at least 15 and 20 out of towners :-D

Also, an announcement:

I will not be taking money out of the pot for the end-of-year prize. I'll be matching the 10%, instead.

We're trying to do some different things with this tournament series, but I don't want that to scare people away. So, for the first few events, we'll be setting a standard for what to expect. If we get 40 people, I'll be putting $40 into the end-of-season 1v1 pot.

Another reason for doing this is the point structure is likely about to change. I'll explain in detail at the tournament, but Kishprime is pushing strongly for a unified national point structure. Among other things, this means that out-of-staters will be awarded points at our tournaments. There's no reason not to :p so we might as well welcome them darn foreigners.

So that's the tradeoff. The point system is up in the air, but to compensate I will not be drawing from the Pots to fund them.

One final announcement:
If you are bringing a TV or a cube, please send DarknessofHeart a pm saying what you can supply so we can get a final count. We need both TVs and Cubes still, but Cubes moreso than TVs. <3

isidro

Smash Apprentice
i'll be there with 3 other friends and a wii and copy of smash but i'll leave them in the car at first then get them after i go in

0firefly0

Smash Rookie
Can anyone point out where on This Map the tournament place is?

Also, are registrations open up until the first team matches start(1:30)?

I'm asking because there's a chance we might only enter the singles tournament, which don't start until 5:00ish. Would I still be able to register for those if I got there after the team matches begin?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ok, Scav's cellphone number!

214-505-3938

Call me if you have any questions, need for directions, etc.

Forkgirl: When are you staying? Kind of a silly question, considering I'm assuming you're on the road already if you're coming tonight.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
On the map above, it is in the shopping center to the right of the red marker, facing Belt Line Rd.

The place is called All Ball Sports, but it doesn't have a sign. It is next to Comicraze, which is next to Subway, which is next to Gamestop.

Find gamestop, and you will find Allball.

Or, call Scav.

Edit: We'll miss you, F4L. Maybe you'll change your mind and decide to have awesome fun time with us ;)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Bumping to the top to make sure anyone who checks the topic tomorrow knows of the schedule change. 2v2s at 1:30, friends! 1v1s after that.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
So I'm tired and don't feel like driving to dallas tonight. What's the earliest anyone wants to play smash with me tomorrow?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'll be at the venue at 10, and you're staff, so whenever you want to get there that is preferably before noon ;)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Oh, I forgot: so long as you're there before 1:15, you're guaranteed in. After that, you're relying on a lapse of organization ;)

Edit: Which, as we all know, can happen.

Top Bottom