• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
How do you think a character like Ruby Heart or... AMINGO would be handled if they were in Smash? 50% of their crossover game series is based in video games but another half is based in comics. Like imagine having Captain America's Theme as a song you can play in Smash would definitely be... rule breaking.
Well I know a spirit board wouldn't be a problem if you consider:

• Shadow Charlie
  • Dark Sakura
  • Mecha Zangief
  • Cyber-Akuma
  • Shadow Lady
  • Ruby Heart/Amingo (whichever one doesn't get chosen)
  • SonSon
  • Abyss

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hello there fellow Smashers, I am OldMan McSpeculatorGuy and I am here to tell you that your most likely character will never ever get into Smash.

Like, let’s be real. We got some dude who not only wears a zip up onesie, with a belt (seriously like who is his fashion designer?), but a bro made out of rectangles yet we haven’t gotten the legendary Pepsiman.

I may have been wrong about Green Mario getting in to coincide with Andy from the Office voicing Mayro himself, but who cares? My most wanted is getting in and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Also I main Little Mac from the Photoshop series.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Woah, I'm curious, what makes me a seasoned speculator in your eyes
When you're serious you make really cogent points for some out there characters. I appreciate that.
Hello there fellow Smashers, I am OldMan McSpeculatorGuy and I am here to tell you that your most likely character will never ever get into Smash.

Like, let’s be real. We got some dude who not only wears a zip up onesie, with a belt (seriously like who is his fashion designer?), but a bro made out of rectangles yet we haven’t gotten the legendary Pepsiman.

I may have been wrong about Green Mario getting in to coincide with Andy from the Office voicing Mayro himself, but who cares? My most wanted is getting in and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Also I main Little Mac from the Photoshop series.
I dunno dude they put a PLANT in this game they can put in anyone.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So when is Sora getting released again, may I ask? As in what time of day?

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It is extremely safe to assume that Sora will release 9PM ET. The sole outlier is Terry, who released immediately after his presentation, which was considerably sooner than that. I would advise powering off your Switch a few minutes beforehand, powering it back on when the clock hits 9PM ET, and then going to download. This will get you past the "You are using the latest version of this software" message considerably faster than mashing will.
Y'know, if you're that impatient that you can't wait for the Switch to automatically pick up on it releasing.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Tomorrow's the big day. Still very surreal thinking about it. Just the thought of Sora in Smash.

If that wasn't surreal enough, I just got to experience VR Gaming for my very first time today, with PS VR. Feeling my body sway from a fast motion and momentum despite not really moving is such a bizarre feeling.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
This game's been a trip.

One where I screamed over some squids, scary Samus, a crocodile with an eye infection, a secretary dog, Goku with a sword, a bear using his best friend as a bludgeoning device, a school teacher, a ramen shop owner with slinky arms, some cubes, a 90s sociopath, and a kid with some big 'ol shoes.

Not what I expected the last three years of my life to entail.

Last edited:

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Well, this time tomorrow, we'll be on the verge of Sora dropping within a couple of hours I bet.

And then, Smash Ultimate is complete.

......still holding out hope that there's a separate DLC for the one KH track tho.
Me too. Its gonna be annoying to have literally all of the content in the game except a single song.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sorry to reopen a fresh wound, but I’ve noticed something. The News channel on Switch has the AC Direct front and center, while the NSOEP is nowhere in sight. I wonder if Nintendo’s faith in the program fell even a little when the dislikes started rolling in…
No, 'cause they know people are gonna pay for it anyways, lol.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
If the plan was even the slightest bit less egregious, Nintendo's attempt to trojan-horse the NSO Expansion Pack might've worked, to be honest.
It was gonna take a special kind of ****up to not get drowned out by some really good news regarding New Horizons. Only Nintendo could've pulled it off.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
So when is Sora getting released again, may I ask? As in what time of day?
We don't know. They basically never give us any heads up.
It is extremely safe to assume that Sora will release 9PM ET. The sole outlier is Terry, who released immediately after his presentation, which was considerably sooner than that. I would advise powering off your Switch a few minutes beforehand, and powering it back on when the clock hits 9PM ET, and then going to download. Y'know, if you're that impatient that you can't wait for the Switch to automatically pick up on it releasing.
8 to 9 PM EST seems like a safe bet given that there's a maintainance around that time.

This game's been a trip.

One where I screamed over some squids, scary Samus, a crocodile with an eye infection, a secretary dog, Goku with a sword, a bear using his best friend as a bludgeoning device, a school teacher, a ramen shop owner with slinky arms, some cubes, a 90s sociopath, and a kid with some big 'ol shoes.

Not what I expected the last three years of my life to entail.
Don't forget:

• A princess
  • Big space pterodactyl
  • Lucina's dad
  • Buff religious whip users
  • Ryu's sparring partner
  • Wrestler cat
  • A plant
  • A teenage thief
  • An inner city guy with a heavy Japanese accent
  • A girl having two personalities... I suppose? Not entirely sure.
  • A psychopathic martial artist whose idea of family meetings involve volcanoes.

Smash has managed to amassed a massive cast of colorful character, that's for sure.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nothing is "over" or "finished." Now Ultimate finally gets to truly start. We get to finally breathe and enjoy what's been put in front of us.
Tomorrow is day one.
Wild strategy of Nintendo releasing a game three years before day one; can't believe it payed off.

Glad to be out of the beta, though. Looking forward to finally picking this game up. I hear it's good, but who knows what they'll change in the game now that it's gone gold.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Wild strategy of Nintendo releasing a game three years before day one; can't believe it payed off.

Glad to be out of the beta, though. Looking forward to finally picking this game up. I hear it's good, but who knows what they'll change in the game now that it's gone gold.
Let me have my sentimental fun, gosh darn it. Out of here with your... reasonability.
That N3ON, always out here raining on our parade with her entirely understandable rational thought. :4pacman:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let me have my sentimental fun, gosh darn it. Out of here with your... reasonability. :4pacman:
Don't worry, with the coming of the end/beginning, my disintegration into dust is imminent, and then I and the rest of you can finally be freed from the pragmatics of my own brain and the compulsive snide through which it manifests. 🤕

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The last fighter "Sora" will be delivered tomorrow! Flying around Hollow Bastion with a key blade in one hand, it looks like you can't wait anymore !? Please enjoy co-starring with various fighters. #SmashBrosSP

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How do you think a character like Ruby Heart or... AMINGO would be handled if they were in Smash?
Terribly.

They are pretty much complete nobodies. Which is BARELY tolerated when it's 1st party. Using a 3rd party pick on an obscure joke like that would go over like a fart in church.

Like, I can understand some of the songs like "Take you for a Ride" or the Character Select screens or even the Stage themes throughout the games
"Take you for a Ride" IS the Character Select screen.

man Sakurai gotta hate Waluigi if Daisy and a Plant can get in before him lmao
Daisy is just an Echo. But Plant beating him is an insult to be sure.

Ivander

Smash Legend
They are pretty much complete nobodies. Which is BARELY tolerated when it's 1st party. Using a 3rd party pick on an obscure joke like that would go over like a fart in church.

"Take you for a Ride" IS the Character Select screen.
Well, yes, but the others, the MvC and MvC3 versions, as far as I know, don't have a name and I was trying to refer to them.

And I wouldn't call Ruby Heart or Amingo, "complete nobodies" considering how very popular Marvel vs Capcom 2 is in general and with people clamouring for a re-release, and with some people wanting the 3 MvC2 characters to appear in a different Capcom title, especially Ruby Heart. But yeah, while they'd be okay for a Capcom crossover title, not so much Smash Bros. when the 3rd Parties are almost always popular or wanted characters.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Well, yes, but the others, the MvC and MvC3 versions, as far as I know, don't have a name and I was trying to refer to them.

And I wouldn't call Ruby Heart or Amingo, "complete nobodies" considering how very popular Marvel vs Capcom 2 is in general and with people clamouring for a re-release, and with some people wanting the 3 MvC2 characters to appear in a different Capcom title, especially Ruby Heart. But yeah, while they'd be okay for a Capcom crossover title, not so much Smash Bros. when the 3rd Parties are almost always popular or wanted characters.
The point wasn't... about their popularity. I can't think of a better example though but DarthEnder do what he do best.

I mean like a series that's a crossover with original characters like Kingdom Hearts except Kingdom Hearts is loaded with original content while the original content in a game like MvC2 is... well, non-existent compared to the actual crossover roster.

EDIT: Not to mention when the series itself literally has Marvel in the name.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

MvC2 is popular.

Don't conflate the game's popularity with each of its characters.
That doesn't fly for any game in general.

Ivander

Smash Legend
MvC2 is popular.

Don't conflate the game's popularity with each of its characters.
That doesn't fly for any game in general.
But I didn't call the characters popular. I just said I wouldn't call them "complete nobodies".

Also, whether you want to admit it or not, Samus' popularity in Japan is definitely more due to Smash Bros. than Metroid.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But I didn't call the characters popular. I just said I wouldn't call them "complete nobodies".

Also, whether you want to admit it or not, Samus' popularity in Japan is definitely more due to Smash Bros. than Metroid.
Not sure what Samus has to do with anything, but in regards to MvC2 OCs, that depends on your definition of "complete" nobody. They're charming enough sure, but they certainly aren't popular enough for most people to actively want them for the next MvCs. When 3 and I came out, I heard approximately zero people in furious outrage at their lack of inclusions.

Similarly Cait Sith is part of the playable cast of the biggest JRPGs of all time, but I imagine quite a few people would need to google that name to know what game I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom