• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sakurai Acknowledging Right Back At Ya'

Today in 2001, "Kirby: Right Back at the Stars" animation will be broadcast for the first time !! A fighting home drama that lasted nearly two years. At that time, I was in a position to look at Kirby comprehensively. Anime Kirby also checked the script every time. Since it is difficult to proceed with animation without originality, we allow various expressions that are not in the game. #Smash Bros SP

CureParfait

Smash Ace
If we get playable indie characters next game, I’d like to see these:

Undertale:
  • Frisk / Chara
  • Sans & Papyrus (or one on their own; if together, I imagine them mostly just being Papyrus really, with Sans in the background like Pokémon Trainer, doing lazy activities but also supporting his brother (and helping with some attacks and the final smash without letting Papyrus know))
Deltarune:
  • Kris
  • The Original (Starwalker)
  • I’d also like the other main characters (Susie, Ralsei, Lancer, Noelle) as well as Jevil and Spamton, but I feel Kris should come first (and I know Jevil and Spamton would be extremely unlikely anyway)
Touhou (I haven’t played it but it seems cool and has awesome music):
  • Reimu
  • Marisa
  • Cirno (the strongest)
The Binding of Isaac:
  • Isaac
  • ??? (DA BLUE BABY)
Five Nights at Freddy’s (yes):
  • Freddy Fazbear

Quote from Cave Story and Shantae would also be cool. Also others like Madotsuki, Beatrix from Slime Rancher, Gooball from World of Goo (don’t ask me how it would fight), Terrarian, etc.
My indie picks would be
Mettaton-Undertale
Undyne- Undertale
Flandre Scarlet- Touhou
Reimu- Touhou
Patchouli- Touhou
Cirno- Touhou
Any Phasmophobia character
Any Stardew Valley character
Any Doki Doki Literature Club character
Boyfriend- Friday Night Funkin

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like how Kairi is relegated to a tiny picture in the Dive to the heart part of the stage for Sora. Even in Smash she gets shafted.

at least aqua got one
Look at it this way.

It just fits her role in the series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Today in 2001, "Kirby: Right Back at the Stars" animation will be broadcast for the first time !! A fighting home drama that lasted nearly two years. At that time, I was in a position to look at Kirby comprehensively. Anime Kirby also checked the script every time. Since it is difficult to proceed with animation without originality, we allow various expressions that are not in the game. #Smash Bros SP
That was twenty years ago?

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Well it's officially the 6th of October over here, no longer the day of Sora's reveal. I want to take this chance to cross over Smash with one of my other big passions: pop music.

Adele officially announced that the lead single of her next album would be coming in two weeks earlier today, a little after Sora was revealed. Yeah, Adele, whose last lead single "Hello" smashed every digital sales record out there by selling over a million, a MILLION, in the first week. Her hype was so strong that the song made it onto Billboard's year end list of the 100 biggest songs by performance for 2015 with just three weeks of tracking since it came out at the end of the year. Adele has also been hyping the hell out of this lead single too, giving hints on social media and letting other big artists get in on the fun. This has dominated online music discussion for about two weeks straight. People have been utterly clamoring for more Adele since she's super critically acclaimed and yet has been completely silent about this album, her first in five whole years. Every single news publication who even considers reporting on pop music has been reporting on the hints, and pop music fans like me have not been able to hear the end of it.

Sora's Smash reveal out-trended Adele literally all day on Twitter. Sora is STILL out-trending Adele right now.

Could Smash have ended on a better note or what amirite?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Has anyone else gotten into a game or series solely thanks to Smash speculation?
No. I know about everything already, and Smash can't make me like something I already dislike.

If we get playable indie characters next game, I’d like to see these:
Shovel Knight
Sans
Shantae(who I don't consider indie, but everyone else seems to)

I hope the next game is an enhanced port. It'd be so sad to lose this amazing roster.
That being said, I don't expect it. I'm expecting significant cuts and a roster around the size of Brawl-Smash4. Hope I'm wrong though.
A Mario Kart 8 Deluxe type deal would be awesome. They could load up on new echo fighters and make a selling point of the game that it has 100 fighters.
My only concern with an enhanced port is that might not allow them to insert rollback netcode.

I mean, if anything, Smash Ultimate actually got a huge boost in Western game representation. In Smash 4, there was only Diddy Kong and technically Little Mac(since Punch Out Wii was done by Next Level Games, who are Canadian), the Frigate Orpheon stage from Metroid Prime and technically the Boxing Ring, a few music tracks, like the Donkey Kong Country and Metroid Prime tracks, and whatever possible representation as trophies, like Rayman or Commander Video.
I don't really consider "game in Japanese franchise, made by Western studio, while probably being overseen by Japanese executives" to be a true "western game".

With that in mind, I don't think we got REAL Western reps until Banjo and Steve.

I like how Kairi is relegated to a tiny picture in the Dive to the heart part of the stage for Sora. Even in Smash she gets shafted.
To be fair, I belive all the other stained glass windows came from the KH games themselves. And Kairi never had one.

At least she's a Spirit.

Sakurai calls it Smash 6 :174:
Sakurai is wrong.

Last edited:

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
I mean, technically, Sora is a TOTAL shill pick. They straight up advertised a bunch of upcoming KH Switch games during the presentation.
Don' forget tying one of the music tracks to the purchase of an entire separate Kingdom Hearts spin-off. Arguably the push for that one Disney game in the September Direct as well, if you want to really get down and dirty.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Don't be sad because it's over

Be happy you got to experience it

Even the parts one would wish they had never experienced
Meh. I guess now is a better time than ever to admit I have a massive fear of change and endings. That sort of stuff keeps me up at night every so often, but I don't want to go too into detail about it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The mii costumes like Dragonborn, Vault Boy, Travis and Dante come from M-Rated games.
Yes I know but SSBU x Doom Slayer is far less removed from SSBU x Doom compared to the other instances it occurred.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll post my reaction tomorrow, my friend recorded it. It's in french, but you'll just realize who's the guy who Screamed and just bawled and cried his eyes out.
Can't believe it, I wanted Sora in smash since I was a ****ing kid, dreaming about my favorite character, what basically was my safeplace and "friend" when I was bullied at school for playing games or my parents went to work all over Europe leaving me alone with my grandma and the PS2 with KH that she gifted me one day when I was 4.
Sora, Donald and Goofy were my only friends up until middle school for me...This might be weird to say, but that's why I always said, that Sora and KH has a personal and special place in my heart.

I genuinely spend the whole night Crying in happiness, just rewatching this trailer, seeing Sora fly over the fighters, transforming them back from their Trophy state and Igniting Smash's flame and passion once more.

I'm 24 years old. I dreamed about it since Brawl in 2008. I was 11. I was dreaming, of seeing, what I felt was my friend, and comfort, joining others characters and games I loved...

I always told my new friends at school, once I reached middle school that I wanted Sora, we spend all of the reveals of Smash 4, up to now, with me constantly wishing for Sora. When we played, I was saying how amazing Sora would be.

I started to give up hope, as fighters and fighters happened and thought that, maybe people who I was arguing here for years, were right. That Sora would be a forever no, just because of a dumb Triple Circles. Guess not.

Seeing Sora in Smash, seeing him shaking Mario's hands, seeing him finally with all of those characters I ended up spending time and adventures with as years passed.
I never felt that, and think I'll never feel any of that ever in my life.

It felt like finally welcoming a long time friend somewhere he always belonged for me, in my eyes.

Just thanks you Sakurai. Thanks you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bruh no way. A friend of mine who never buys anything digital in video games and never plays games online just texted me

"HOLY **** GWEN YOU GOTTA HELP ME GET THIS THING ONLINE I'M BUYING ****ING DLC"

This man is a P5 stan and hasn't touched any online services for as long as I've known him and yet it's ****ing Sora that breaks him, goddamn

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Bruh no way. A friend of mine who never buys anything digital in video games and never plays games online just texted me

"HOLY **** GWEN YOU GOTTA HELP ME GET THIS THING ONLINE I'M BUYING ****ING DLC"

This man is a P5 stan and hasn't touched any online services for as long as I've known him and yet it's ****ing Sora that breaks him, goddamn
Fun fact.
Best Buy and Gamestop's website crashed, because of people rushing to buy Melody of Memories, and KH collection, with people unable to get through the payment event, the website thinking it was an attack.

That's how ****ing huge of a deal it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom