• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not gonna worry too much about the statements and just hope it's someone I like. Mega Man X, Chun, Sub-Zero/Scorpion, Bill Rizer, Lara, Hayabusa, etc.

I've come back, and I'm ready to watch the world burn. :reverse:
Yo it's been a while. You're the madlad who wanted the Hanafuda cards right?

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I'm now 99% sure it's a third party at the very least.

Hyping up who will be the final Character who will be the final of the Biggest Celebration of Gaming who blured the line between Games series.
Wow yeah they are really building this up

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So, we're talking about thoughts on the fighters, and wrapping up speculation? Cool, been well over a year since my Fighters Pass 2 video, and it's been a LONG time since last I posted here.
:ultpiranha: - Funny meme pick with a wacky moveset. I'm not upset by the choice in the slightest, compared to some people, but the reveal wasn't mind blowing either. With how out of place Plant was compared to the fighters passes, I wonder if they were supposed to be in the base roster.
:ultjoker: - When I started getting into BBTAG, I was pushing for Persona being in Smash to some degree. There were plenty of Persona 5 inspirations with Ultimate's menu/UI as it was, it seemed like an obvious choice to me. I'm glad he got in, even though I have little ties to Persona. On the upper echelon of characters I'd play as well, with a fun moveset.
:ulthero: - I defended Hero during the reveal, but when he released, I genuinely hated the moveset. I don't mind RNG in some cases, but Hero's I absolutely detested. I get why he's here, Dragon Quest is a big deal, I just kinda wished they implemented him a little better. Lowest on my list.
:ultbanjokazooie: - I was happy that people were happy basically. I have no ties to the characters though, so no major excitement on my end. Plus, the moveset didn't really interest me either. Best way to say it, they're not the Microsoft rep I was hoping for.
:ult_terry: - Never really got into SNK as a kid, but after the presentation, I was sold. Not only that, he plays really well, and is just a fun character to listen to. My friends and I still unironically quote him from time to time.
:ultbylethf: - I'm someone who was really happy for, and was predicting this character. Had to put up with a lot of toxicity after the reveal, and funny story, reddit mods actually removed my positive reaction vid, even though it followed their rules/guidelines. I'm happy the character was added, just tired of playin' defense. Plus I could do my "hot for teacher" joke there.
:ultminmin - I didn't care for ARMS, and I didn't care for the moveset, so this was rather low on the bar for me. Also ended up waiting until after the reveal to predict Fighters Pass 2 stuff. Not much to say here.
:ultsteve: - Minecraft is a good game, though I was opposed to it in Smash for the longest time. Like with Ridley though, after seeing their implementation, my worries faded away. Fun, chaotic, but still not quite the Microsoft rep I was hoping for. If this is all we get from Microsoft in this pass though, I will absolutely understand why Steve was chosen.
:ultsephiroth: - This moment, was the epitome of Smash reveals for me. A character I heavily predicted, hoped for, and was probably the most excited for...if ya couldn't tell already. FF7 was a big single player game for me growing up, my father was the one to introduce it to me after all. So seeing Cloud AND Sephiroth in this game? And Sephy boi plays like a dream? Everything about the trailer, how he plays, the details like his victory screen, etc. are just absolute perfection.
:ultpyra:/:ultmythra: - A pick I was really happy about, despite not playing their game. I also have another funny story for them: People would come to my videos mentioning them, either friends or commenters, telling me how "Rex has to be the fighter, Pyra & Mythra wouldn't work without him! I played Xenoblade 2, so I would know!" In the end, I was still right, kinda funny how that works. Either way, I like them, and their movesets, though I do prefer Mythra's speed & combo potential over Pyra's kill power.
:ultkazuya: - While I wasn't super excited for the pick, thinking Tekken was down for the count. I used to play Tekken 1 a LOT back in the day, I still remember Yoshimitsu in particularly scaring me as a kid...and that's who I mostly played, aside from Kazuya himself. I definitely prefer how he and Terry were designed compared to Ryu & Ken, and I REALLY like how much thought and care was put into making him still feel like a Tekken character. I expected Lloyd, but I was not disappointed by this pick.
If I had to say who I'm hoping for most, it's gotta be Master Chief. Halo & Smash were my go to multiplayer games, so they were near and dear to me, and still are...unless Infinite is an absolute failure, which it doesn't seem to be, but that's a separate topic. Anyways, people are posting conflicting tweets from 343 and giving up, but I'm not losing hope until it's truly over. Maybe, just maybe, Sakurai will deliver hope, and Master Chief will truly finish the fight...

Cheesy references aside, you can't just look at this and say he wouldn't fit Smash's style. I'd almost mistake it for a shot from his Smash trailer or something.

If he doesn't happen, I know I'll be disappointed, that's just kinda how it goes. No way around it really. That said, even if he doesn't show up tomorrow, that doesn't mean he can't show up in a future Smash title down the line. In fact, I'd argue that his support in Ult, as well as Nintendo's sorta partnership with Microsoft, will make him a front contender for a future title. There are other characters I think would be great picks, but regardless of all that, I'm mostly interested in seeing this crazy ride finally end.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Prolly the last time I'll ever log in to this site in a long time so I'll just leave my thoughts on this game. It's also crazy that speculation will finally come to an end after tomorrow. Heck, I even feel kinda nostalgic about it.

All in all, this game quite literally almost feels like a childhood dream come true for me. Way back when I was a toddler I always pictured a huge padded roster like the one we have today, while also having all the cool stuff from previous games (no cuts and returning stages/songs).
I mean, there are about 2 or 3 characters that I feel would make this a 10/10 entry for me (Shadow, Zero and maybe Dante), but when you look at the bigger picture I could've never goddamn imagined I'd live to see an officially licensed Nintendo game, in which I could pit Sephiroth (the one MW I actually got, who's also one of my favorite villains of all time) against Sonic the Hedgehog, Minecraft Steve and Ken Masters from SF. Truly an awesome ride and by far one of the most legendary videogame series ever made.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'm almost starting to wonder if it's actually a freaking Playstation character like Ratchet or Aloy with all those "you might not recongize him" "celebration of gaming" "even not fan of Smash might like him". Yeah I'm probably dreaming here but it would insane.
Same, I've thought the same a few times in the past few days.
Probably not but who knows. If we're going to get something big I don't see a lot of options remaining that could fit with that.

They're kinda hyping it up but I guess they would still do it even if the last character was Hat Goomba.

Last edited:

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
If I had to say who I'm hoping for most, it's gotta be Master Chief. Halo & Smash were my go to multiplayer games, so they were near and dear to me, and still are...unless Infinite is an absolute failure, which it doesn't seem to be, but that's a separate topic. Anyways, people are posting conflicting tweets from 343 and giving up, but I'm not losing hope until it's truly over. Maybe, just maybe, Sakurai will deliver hope, and Master Chief will truly finish the fight...

Cheesy references aside, you can't just look at this and say he wouldn't fit Smash's style. I'd almost mistake it for a shot from his Smash trailer or something.

If he doesn't happen, I know I'll be disappointed, that's just kinda how it goes. No way around it really. That said, even if he doesn't show up tomorrow, that doesn't mean he can't show up in a future Smash title down the line. In fact, I'd argue that his support in Ult, as well as Nintendo's sorta partnership with Microsoft, will make him a front contender for a future title. There are other characters I think would be great picks, but regardless of all that, I'm mostly interested in seeing this crazy ride finally end.
This pretty accurately describes my feelings for him too. Chief would be my perfect choice. He's who all the guys I played smash with growing up are hoping for too. Master Chief, ride or die

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I can't even look at my first posts because THEY'RE ALL IN THE ARCHIVED SMASH 4 LEAKS GROUP WHICH HAS BEEN LOCKED AWAY FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER I DEMAND THIS INJUSTICE BE RECTIFIED SMASHBOARDS MODS AND ADMINS YOU CAN'T IGNORE ME FOREVER

man
If I could bring the group back I definitely would as the group owner. But alas. :(

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think it is time to go ahead and log off. Any longer and I might stay up all night due to hype and anxiety. Goodnight everyone. See y'all on the other side.
Screenshot_20210502-180152_YouTube.jpg

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Hey, quick question, sorry if I'm derailing the train; why did people want Magnus in the Wii U/3DS days? From what I played of Uprising, he didn't even have all that big an impact on the game.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, quick question, sorry if I'm derailing the train; why did people want Magnus in the Wii U/3DS days? From what I played of Uprising, he didn't even have all that big an impact on the game.
Most of his hype was before the game released.

He seemed a lot more important than he was.

After the game released Palutena took most of the support.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Swamp is right though that eventually Palutena ate all the other candidates' lunch and they were left with scraps. Persistent scraps, but scraps nonetheless.

But at the beginning it was more a FFA. Originally (like, very early on) Medusa had more popularity than Palutena because people thought the importance would skew that way.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp is right though that eventually Palutena ate all the other candidates' lunch and they were left with scraps. Persistent scraps, but scraps nonetheless.

But at the beginning it was more a FFA. Originally (like, very early on) Medusa had more popularity than Palutena because people thought the importance would skew that way.
It helps that Palutena is really funny.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
God, I came up with the stupidest, most tinfoil hat worthy theory for that last pic of the day with :ultincineroar::ultwolf::ultridley:. I posted it elsewhere but I don't wanna share it here because I'm just setting myself up with foolish, unrealistic expectations. Gonna turn in for the night instead, see you all tomorrow.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The only possibilities that seem reasonable to me in the process of elimination and my experience as a Smash speculator is maybe Sora and Crash, just based on recent tweets from Harada and Sakurai. They got me riled up to expect something big admittedly.

Sora, cause it'd thematically close the game well with the light and darkness stuff going on in Ultimate, and that one coincidental rumor.

Crash, cause maybe Sakurai would like to end fulfilling a gaming rivalry, and those Activision plans.

Admittedly, that's just predicting what's popular, but that's what it comes down to for me right now. lol

If the final fighter is more low-key, I can see it being Chorus Kids, seeing as how a few fighters in Pass 2 were old concepts brought back to fruition, notably Kazuya. Maybe Ryu Hayabusa, but Verge is probably getting unreliable sources now.

I fully expect to be wrong and that none of these happen. lol

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
this is it you guys, what a long jaggy road. Like half of the guys I wanted were deconfirm as mii costumes

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, I do remember people did like her on the basis of being really... oh, funny? Yeah, that was also part of it.
The plot of Super Bash Sisters would be Palutena making a Super Bash Sisters tournament just to tell Pit that she was right after that one conversation where Palutena thought it was Super Bash Sisters, but Pit corrects her that it was Super Smash Bros.....in the ENG version. In the JP version, Pit and Palutena wanted to play Smash Bros. Brawl and almost did......while they were in the middle of the tutorial. Arin would be proud.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
So for people who want Sora, what exactly are you looking for in terms of appearance? KH1, 2 or 3 Sora? Mixture of two for 4 swaps each? A spin-off costume?

I played but never finished KH1 and haven't played the rest so that's the one I'm used to, with his giant-ass shoes.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm gonna be that guy and bet on Hanafuda.

There's no logical reason to it at all.

I'm predicting it, because I want to.

Bet on the unlikely for one last time before Smash speculation ends for good.

That's just who I am. :cyclops:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
ok but srsly y was there a shot of her ass and **** right b4 palu's splash art reveal lmao

also why did they give bowser jr the best smash trailer but wait until after the game's release to release it ?

y did mac punch samus ?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So for people who want Sora, what exactly are you looking for in terms of appearance? KH1, 2 or 3 Sora? Mixture of two for 4 swaps each? A spin-off costume?

I played but never finished KH1 and haven't played the rest so that's the one I'm used to, with his giant-ass shoes.
If we go by iconness. While both KH1 and KH2 design are Iconic.
KH1 is VERY Iconic and generally is the one used for merchandising, figures and crossovers.
However, if you want to do the best of both world. KH2 + KH3 skins, since they have the same size/height, unlike KH1 who's just a kid, and give KH2 drive form recolor and KH3 change form recolors

Shroob

Sup?
ok but srsly y was there a shot of her ass and **** right b4 palu's splash art reveal lmao

also why did they give bowser jr the best smash trailer but wait until after the game's release to release it ?

y did mac punch samus ?
Because it's Japan

And the trailer was produced by SHAFT.

SHAFT loves ass shots and head tilts

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

2 or 3. I could see 3 being the default with 2 being alts.

Choosing his design from 1 might limit move set considerations unless Sakurai said screw it. Personally, I never had an issue with his original design until it was pointed out he was wearing a onesie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom