• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Kazuya

Like everyone else, I had written Tekken when the Mii happened. Beforehand, I was certain that Tekken would get a character. It’s nice to know that I was right lol

I’m not a super huge Tekken fan but I do enjoy it. As soon as I saw a buff shirtless man holding Ganondorf’s body I went “Tekken!?”. & surely enough, it was Kazuya. Honestly, a really unexpected pick for the series. I was certain it’d be Heihachi or maaaaybe Jin. But Kazuya is awesome too.

I really love how he plays, he’s quickly becoming one of my favorites. His attacks feel so powerful & it’s nice to get some combos going.

I love his stage, it’s my favorite of FP2. It’s really fun to fight on & it’s aesthetically pleasing. The music selection is fantastic too. As a SF fan, I’m jealous of the music that Terry & Kazuya brought with them; they get to represent their entire series while SF is just stuck with SF2 songs.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
More in the JP tweet.

"The new fighter can be a character that you don't know or not the one that you were expecting/Not wanting
However, I hope you enjoy the show itself as a gaming program. I also enjoyed recording it."

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
“So don’t piss your pants when it’s not Sora!”

“…Who am I kidding. You’re gonna do that anyway.”
Ya-
Also I'm not sure how to really translate it, since my Japanese is poo poo doo doo-
But I think it's more like "Whenever you know the character or not" than "Not the one you expect" , just did my best with my poor level

cashregister9

Smash Hero
More in the JP tweet.

"The new fighter can be a character that you don't know or not the one that you were expecting/Not wanting
However, I hope you enjoy the show itself as a gaming program. I also enjoyed recording it."
I can already tell that this post will ring in a new era of doom posting even though it's just a standard hype responsibly post

Or it's how ESTELLE BRIGHT WINS BAYBEEE

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Feel conflicted between the English and Japanese tweets.

One feels like, let's get this party started. The other gives me please understand vibes.
I'm mostly surprised that he didn't post the follow up tweet in english yet? first, knowing how stupid we are

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Feel conflicted between the English and Japanese tweets.

One feels like, let's get this party started. The other gives me please understand vibes.
Yeah. If he's sort of hyping up the English tweet and warning people over the Japanese tweet, it makes me wonder if it might be a western-oriented character.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Kazuya's reveal was probably the biggest expectation-breaker since Joker. Master Chief rumors aside, we generally agreed that DLC Mii Costumes at least deconfirmed the series, right? Why release them separately when you can have an entire theme? Spirits were generally in the same boat, and while heavily debated, most agreed that an AT promotion was just statistically unlikely due to how few viable options there were. There was a general agreement than the presence would be all with a pack or the series wouldn't have a fighter.

Then Kazuya tossed that off a cliff, alongside Ganondorf. And Captain Falcon. And Pit, and Min Min, and Marth. And he tried with Kirby, be we all know how that's gonna end.

He's fun to play, if not hilariously complex - Often times I just throw out whatever input I remember first. Stage-wise, though, I feel like the Mishima Dojo is kinda bland. The mechanics are fun, but the backgrounds feels too dark and monotonous, and there isn't any cameos to spice it up beyond Heihachi. Still, I generally approve of Kazuya's pack.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
More in the JP tweet.

Sakurai specifically tweeted only in Japanese that they may not know the character...

RAMEN.gif

Ahahah someone stop me.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Bro, if Lara actually somehow shows up to any degree on Tuesday, I'm going to lose it. This quote honestly got me thinking about Lara.

She's not on anyone's radar and Square Enix announced that another big TR crossover was happening in early October. Oh god.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, lmao.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It could very Well be a character not on any smash fans radar.
Or A character who doesn't normally appear on Nintendo platforms
What if it really is Alphen. Has no Nintendo appearance and the game is more popular in the west than in Japan.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Honestly, I just think it's probably a big character that is not in Nintendo usual radar.
No, I don't mean Sora, I genuinely don't think it's Sora, my heart want him, but My brain already copped and burried the idea a year ago.

I'm just curious to who could it be, and genuinely hyped after Harada and Sakurai sudden wild ride. I can't wait for it.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I'm just surprised that Harada would come poke the bee nest that is the Smash Community when he told us to **** off the last time the Rayman4Smash account spammed him and other @4smash making them muted and blocked by Harada
Are you just now realizing that Harada is a jackass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom