• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I changed my mind, my least favourite "leak" was Vergeben's Riddler quest on multiple levels

1. It was really a cowardly way of getting out of saying it was Byleth.

2. He got it the whole setup wrong by discounting Nintendo characters early on.

3. I am just a little salty he called out Kat from Gravity Rush in particular as a no-go. She's a niche exclusive on a Sony platform, why would you go out of your way to shoot her down when she's already on the ground?
I am once again saying that Gravity Rush deserved better.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My rankings of DLC characters from least to most

Pass 1 (and plant)
:ultbyleth: :ult_terry::ultjoker::ultpiranha::ulthero2::ultbanjokazooie:

Pass 2
:ultkazuya::ultmythra::ultsephiroth::ultpyra::ultsteve::ultminmin

Must say, I don't dislike any of the choices or characters. They've all been good choices (with the sole exception of the timing on Byleth.)
I’m pretty happy with the DLC as a whole. Surprisingly, I’ve actually played at least a bit of at least one game from every DLC character other than ARMS and Minecraft. I haven’t played a lot of Tekken or King of Fighters but I at least tried them for a little. Pretty much all the others, I’ve actually owned and beaten their games.

As for the characters themselves, from favorite to least favorite:

Pass 1:
:ultjoker::ultpiranha::ultbanjokazooie::ulthero::ult_terry::ultbyleth:

Pass 2:
:ultsephiroth::ultkazuya::ultpyra::ultminmin:ultsteve:

D

Deleted member

Well if we doing retrospective on Smash Ultimate, I got to ask

-What was your Favorite Leak/Rumor/Theory in Smash Ultimate Speculation?

-What was your Least Favorite Leak/Rumor/Theory in Smash Ultimate Speculation?
Favorite: The Grinch Leak. In hindsight it had glaring flaws that proved it to be fake, but it also had 2 of my top 3 characters.

Leas favorite: The ****ing Grinch leak. To hell with whoever made it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Favorite rumor: Snake is back and no cuts, anything with Elma that wasn’t the ugly Elma one (even if she didn’t make it), the LoL rumor

least favorite: cacomallow, Gardevoir/Gothitelle, Zippo’s BS, Fatman’s BS, HotGirl’s BS, the grinch, the one with the ugly Elma render

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Pass 1 was actually kinda eh for me. Pass 2 where the money at. But out of the pass 1 characters Byleth is my favorite I suppose. Other than Joker he's the only one I've used.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

There's two fake leak that I did quite enjoy. This first is the fake 4chan render with Chorus kids, Agnes, Shadow and Lloyd (pics down below). They weren't the best quality ever, but it did sparks some discussion and it was fun to see lesser popular character Agnes get a big leak.

DeXRx8qKLYICJJfjpPlPcO5NVIKORmf2lcJKm540Cgs.jpg télécharger (3).jpg

Another leak that I did enjoy was the very early codename leak (the one with Pony, King, Archer, Doll, Prime ribs etc.) It was obviously fake, but it was fun to discusses what those names could mean.

Least favorite? Everything revolving around Loz18. It was pretty annoying that people believing so much because he got like one thing right once.

CureParfait

Smash Ace

I liked the Touhou rumor the most and Caccomallow the least.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So....ordering of favorite DLC pass characters?

:ultbanjokazooie:>:ulthero2::ulthero::ulthero3::ulthero4:>:ult_terry:>:ultbyleth::ultbylethf:>:ultjoker:

And so far for Pass 2:
:ultsephiroth:>:ultpyra::ultmythra:>:ultminmin>:ultkazuya:>:ultsteve:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oh this is easy. If we're talking favorite fighters from the first season pass, it can't be anyone but :ulthero: for me. Not only is he someone I'd 100% call "deserving" of a spot, which I usually don't like to say, but his moveset took to me instantly. The chaos of the selection menu was so ridiculous and fun at first, but as he's become a co-main of mine along with Yoshi, I have to say that actually learning how to use each of those spells seriously, using his meaty sword strikes, abusing the hell out of Kazap, I just can't stop playing him. Yeah Terry came with one of my fav stages ever and a gigachad music list, but I can't just deny how much I actively use the :ulthero: content all the time to this day.

Helps that Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition on the Nintendo Switch family of systems might very well be the greatest role-playing game of the whole 2010s decade.

SKX31

Smash Master

Favorite: PURPLE. Lead to people discussing some lesser known characters, brought some much-needed levity at the right time and didn't overstay its welcome that much. Sure, it was a miscalculation in the end, but thank you epicmartin7 for starting that.

Least favorite: Cacomallow because it wouldn't die ever. But it's been talked about enough, so a runner up would be how Sabi, Fatman and Verg hyped up several extremely vague leaks when the whole shebangs were threadbare at best.

As for my very personal ordering of favorite DLC characters. Note that I do not dislike any character:

:ultkazuya: > :ulthero: > :ult_terry: > :ultsephiroth: > :ultpyra: / :ultmythra: >:ultbanjokazooie: > :ultsteve: > :ultjoker: > :ultminmin > :ultbyleth: > :ultpiranha:

Dukefire

Smash Master
1 Week remaining

Terry Bogard: The Legendary Hungry Wolf from the King of Fighters series representing SNK. Which was partially spoiled due to Nintendo's part prior on Challenger 4 reveal. Oops.

One of the oldest fighting game classics that Sakurai started his idea of creating Super Smash Bros to be friendly for everyone that couldn't play complex controls.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Favorite: PURPLE. Lead to people discussing some lesser known characters, brought some much-needed levity at the right time and didn't overstay its welcome that much. Sure, it was a miscalculation in the end, but thank you epicmartin7 for starting that.

Least favorite: Cacomallow because it wouldn't die ever. But it's been talked about enough, so a runner up would be how Sabi, Fatman and Verg hyped up several extremely vague leaks when the whole shebangs were threadbare at best.

As for my very personal ordering of favorite DLC characters. Note that I do not dislike any character:

:ultkazuya: > :ulthero: > :ult_terry: > :ultsephiroth: > :ultpyra: / :ultmythra: >:ultbanjokazooie: > :ultsteve: > :ultjoker: > :ultminmin > :ultbyleth: > :ultpiranha:
At least the Cacomallow leak will expire next week, but if the last fighter is the Doomslayer, then we'll have to see if the Cacodemon hat is there and looks exactly like from the leak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Interesting that you put Kazuya first. I’d sooner see Sephiroth first, mind explaining your reasoning?

though, while Sephiroth is my overall favorite in pass 2, Kazuya was the most hype reveal to me cause my headcanon of Project X Zone 2 being canon to Smash Ultimate was validated (we had 4 common playable characters :ultryu: :ultken: :ultchrom: :ultlucina: before Kazuya, as well as characters who otherwise appeared in both like Fiora and Tiki. Kazuya also had a Dante Mii so)

and ew, Sabi. As far as I’m concerned he’s been unpersoned

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At least the Cacomallow leak will expire next week
It very definitely expired the moment there was only one fighter left, and it was already a rotting carcass by then. Squenix costumes only come with Squenix fighters and vice-versa, and, well...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It expired the moment there was only one fighter left. Squenix costumes only come with Squenix fighters and vice-versa, and, well...
UNLESS

Neku’s the last fighter.

and even then i doubt a Mallow Mii Hat if it was Neku. Maybe the rumored Crono Mii to finish Seven Squares?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So with things coming to an end in a week. Which character do you think was the most "deserving" of being added?

Guess I'd say :ultinkling::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:
The most deserving are:ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ulthero3::ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve:
1 Week remaining

Terry Bogard: The Legendary Hungry Wolf from the King of Fighters series representing SNK. Which was partially spoiled due to Nintendo's part prior on Challenger 4 reveal. Oops.

One of the oldest fighting game classics that Sakurai started his idea of creating Super Smash Bros to be friendly for everyone that couldn't play complex controls.
I’m apparently one of the few people in the Smash fanbase who knew who Terry was before he got in. I’m not the biggest SNK guy but I’ve always found Terry pretty cool. I had briefly thought about him getting in at one point, but I never seriously considered it. When the SNK leak happened, I immediately knew that it’d be Terry & that there was no other option. I’m glad I was right because Terry is one of the coolest characters in the game.

Terry isn’t my main or secondaries but I do use him a decent amount. I think he’s a ton of fun to use unlike Ryu or Ken (Smash is one of the few games where I don’t main Ken). His moveset just works perfectly in Smash.

The KOF stage is so much fun to play on, I love being able to bounce people off the sides of the map. The music selection is godly, easily the best of any third party in Smash & up there with some of the first parties.

Fighters Pass 1 Ranked:

:ultbanjokazooie::ultjoker::ult_terry::ulthero::ultbylethf::ultpiranha:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Conspiracy theory time.

While Terry is being brought up, does anyone else think it's mayyyybe possible that Nintendo did a little trolling and allowed the SNK leak on purpose so that people would not be so thrown off by the relatively obscure character? (They'd assumedly google SNK themselves or hear about it from a Youtuber) I don't buy this myself really but I heard the theory last year and honestly I kinda like it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
UNLESS

Neku’s the last fighter.

and even then i doubt a Mallow Mii Hat if it was Neku. Maybe the rumored Crono Mii to finish Seven Squares?
But even if CP11 was from Squenix, we still wouldn't be able to complete Cacomallow, as they wouldn't be able to include the Cacodemon hat.

edumolon11

Smash Cadet
At least the Cacomallow leak will expire next week, but if the last fighter is the Doomslayer, then we'll have to see if the Cacodemon hat is there and looks exactly like from the leak.
Cacomallow its fake. Although next week they announce Doomguy with Cacodemon hat and Mallow hat, Cacomallow "leak" its fake.

No way did they make mii costumes in 2019 to release two years later.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
1 Week remaining

Terry is objectively the best when it comes to any challenger pack, an incredibly fun stage, a ludicrous amount of songs and a character seemingly designed around freeform combos lending to a lot of jab jab power dunks and player expression. You're out of your damn mind if you think otherwise, it's saying a lot when the worst things about Terry are his uob not snapping to the ledge and the songs not having Krauser's theme

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually do remember that we talked about Klefki a lot, for some godforsaken reason. Not in the context of getting it as a character, not in the context of Smash at all... more just because... it was keys.

Paging Klefki fan Opossum Opossum . Paging Klefki fan Opossum Opossum .
I even made a support thread with a pun in the title!
Decidueye support lasted longer than Mimikyu support, which ended in the August Direct with the Pokeball reveal. Decidueye support carried on until Verg specified Incineroar, because, despite what some people believed, the character wasn't supported solely because of the type "trifecta".

It was a legitimately popular Pokemon in its own series, and yet its Smash support got hand-waived away to patterns as if there would be no natural popularity crossover. Very strange.

The characters who lost their support after E3 are barely remembered to be active at all. Takamaru, Lyn, Krystal, Bomberman, etc. Decidueye lasted longer than that.
God it was always so annoying when people assumed Decidueye support was purely pattern based and died when Ivysaur came back because it couldn't be further from the truth. Half the times it felt like it was because people who hate patterns literally had to invent a reason why people "actually" wanted Decidueye, and not the fact that, well, Decidueye was a really cool Pokémon who would bring a new playstyle and was An Owl. Owls are cool. Archers are cool. Ghosts are cool. Spectral ranger owl is, therefore, cool.

Also on that note, RIP Takamaru he deserved better.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Ew. HMs are back and following Pokémon are restricted to a single map.

Otherwise, the remakes look good.

Meanwhile, in Pokémon Legends: Arceus

I can be Ryu...Also are we not going to talk about how Kleavor is just another Scyther evolution?
HMs are actually confirmed to be used by wild pokemon that you summon so you don't have to waste a party or move slot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ew. HMs are back and following Pokémon are restricted to a single map.

Otherwise, the remakes look good.

Meanwhile, in Pokémon Legends: Arceus

I can be Ryu...Also are we not going to talk about how Kleavor is just another Scyther evolution?
Actually the HMs simply need to be unlocked as it's like the Ride Pokemon in Sun and Moon so you don't need to waste a move slot and Amity Square merely unlocks following Pokemon
If I had to bring up the characters that was most deserving for Ultimate, these are the characters
:ultbanjokazooie:,:ultkrool:,:ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy:, and :ultridley:
Honestly I'd say Terry is easily the most 'deserving' anyone's been due to SNK's heavy influence on Smash as a whole

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
1 Week remaining

After taking a look at him in his home series via Proton Jon’s SNK History Crash Course, I’ve come to respect Terry’s inclusion even more than I did at launch. He’s definitely up there as an extremely well-executed fighter.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Alright, another character from Ultimate's base roster.

Richer/Simon Belmont: The vampire hunters that belong to the long family line to end Dracula's reign every 100 years he returns from the grave. Now, is one the characters that people doesn't enjoy fighting either due to his kit and/or range

Bonus, Echo Fighters: While we already know of Lucina:ultlucina: and Dark Pit's:ultdarkpit: existence since Smash 4, Ultimate added three more with :ultchrom:, :ultdaisy:, and :ultdarksamus:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom