• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'll wait to see if people actually like Nickelodeon All Star Brawl. It looks like it has interesting mechanics, but I dunno if I can get past the fact that the characters only have, like, 3 frames on all of their attack animations.
Yeah, that combined with the lack of voice acting killed whatever interest I might have had for this game. The only Nickelodeon characters I ever cared about are the TMNT although I did enjoy Avatar and Korea.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Do we have any idea when it'll be coming to switch?

I want it for the lulz and because there's several characters from my childhood that would be great to play with plus it's a new game franchises that me and my wife can both learn from the ground up so to speak... I'm hopeful that the actual game play is good obviously but there is a part of me that's worried it'll clash with my Smash playing ability either by handicapping my performance because I'll be trying to play NASB with Smash muscle memory constantly screwing me over or worse I get into it super hard and end up losing my ability to play Ultimate as good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh.....I have something for you to think hard about.

Would you want to get this game?
Or wait for the last challenger?
Option 2 because I'd only be interested if Norbert & Daggett were in Nick All-Stars Brawl not to mention the roster seeming so lackluster.

Last edited:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Thank god I can catch the final thing live, maybe with irls too. Honestly, one thing I kinda want to see happen is that the Mii Costumes get shown off first. Maybe I'm too much of an anarchy enthusiast.

Also y'all are happy now about 64 NSO but wait till it's been a few months with no new titles on it only for shovelware like the other NSO services
Only they actually showed the upcoming games and none of them were shovelware, who knows how long it will take to add them all though. Unless you mean after they add the upcoming titles, which is probably going to be awhile.

SKX31

Smash Master
Late to the party, but a very interesting Nintendo Direct.

Really stoked they're bringing N64 games back. I can finally play Banjo Kazooie again after all these years, and it's likely they'll onboard Banjo Tooie later on down the line. N64 graphics Zelda OoT and MM is most welcome too. Pokemon Snap and Mario Kart 64... oh how I've missed you.

Mario Party with previous game boards and mini games is also great too.

I am still... processing... the Bayo 3 trailer. Definitely my most anticipated switch game at the moment and... yes, still processing... The trailer did say it wasn't actual gameplay footage so I'm chalking it up to a bad trailer.

Not really digging her new design but would be nice if that got into smash just for the sake of variety (highly doubt it though)

As for Smash itself, in a way, I think it's a good thing there will be one last proper send off presentation for it, instead of just a few minutes trailer in a Nintendo Direct shared with other games. It's not that far away anyway, so no biggie.
My main worry with Mario Party is that it seems to have only 5 boards - 1 more than SMP. Of course, Mario Party's never had that many boards per game IIRC, but that game could've benefitted a lot from one or two additional boards. Then again, there could be a secret 6th board or whatever. I'm saying that primarily since SMP's relative lack of content was a main reason I personally didn't get it (and why it seemingly stagnated hard after the first month or so).

However:

lui-gee.png

IT HAS RETURNED.

:4pacman:

Speaking of release dates, do you think there's a chance we'll get the character on the day of the presentation? Or do you think it'll be by the end of October?

I could see either of these happening, tbh.
I could see either happening too, leaning towards them releasing later on since quite a few DLC characters (:ultbyleth: , :ultminmin , :ultsteve:, :ultpyra: ) have had those gaps between Presentation and release. Also because I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai and co. felt the need to make the final adjustments like what happened with Steve.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, looks like October 5th seems to be an interesting day.
The LAST Mr. Sakurai Presents the Final Challenger
Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl is released
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania is released.

Of course, three days later is Metroid Dread release on October 8th

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Looks like Aiai will be announced as the last fighter alongside the release of Banana Mania. :troll:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman

October is stacked

Dukefire

Smash Master
My main worry with Mario Party is that it seems to have only 5 boards - 1 more than SMP. Of course, Mario Party's never had that many boards per game IIRC, but that game could've benefitted a lot from one or two additional boards. Then again, there could be a secret 6th board or whatever. I'm saying that primarily since SMP's relative lack of content was a main reason I personally didn't get it (and why it seemingly stagnated hard after the first month or so).

However:

View attachment 331457

IT HAS RETURNED.

:4pacman:

I could see either happening too, leaning towards them releasing later on since quite a few DLC characters (:ultbyleth: , :ultminmin , :ultsteve:, :ultpyra: ) have had those gaps between Presentation and release. Also because I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai and co. felt the need to make the final adjustments like what happened with Steve.
Cue the music

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Disagree. It's been 4 years since Bayo 3 has been announced, the wait was painful.
That’s fair. I could just never personally get into Bayonetta but maybe I should give it another chance. I bought the first game on the PS3 and played a few hours but haven’t tried the sequel.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I would actually rather have Astral Chain 2 than Bayonetta 3 personally.
Me too, but I'm still happy. I really enjoyed the original 2 games and I'm looking forward to this one as well (it's been so long since the announcement...).

On a side note: Banjo-Kazooie is coming to switch...this one takes it. Best announcement for me by far. Hopefully we get Tooie as well.
The bear and the bird are coming home.:ultbanjokazooie:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I still haven't beaten the first bayo.... It was an impulse gift from my wife and at first I was like cool then started playing it and got overwhelmed by the fanservice which is ironically not even that bad compared to the likes of senran kagura etc.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Lemme paraphrase the last two screencaps I got.

...I don't know if that's confident or just ****posting but it doesn't seem like they expect anyone else :V
Well, that’s not convicing for me, at least its true that knowing when a smash character is getting announced is difficult and hard to know. Even most “insiders” don’t know about direct contents untils its aired like most of us.

This wait will be painful.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
My personal opinion? It's a new rival character, like Jeanne was in Bayonetta 1 and The Masked Lumen was in Bayonetta 2. Could also be a main antagonist and rival, like Vergil was in DMC3 and DMC5.
I think he'll also be somewhat of a facsimile of Dante to poke fun at Capcom. With this and the original teaser, I do think there are going to be multiple timelines here, and with the 3 circles, I do wonder if we're also going to pull a Bayonetta "variant" (sorry guys, but I'm referencing Loki) from 1 and 2. I also had a theory before this trailer that the Bayonetta from the teaser was a different version of her because her guns had a different name for some reason, so someone is travelling through dimensions, murdering Bayonettas.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think one of the giveaway hints was at the title reveal. We know Ceraza and Jeanne are the last 2 umbra witches alive. Bayonetta 1 and 2 was a timeloop of the villian that terroized Bayonetta. Now, if this Ceraza was in fact the girl returned to her own time and grown up with a different attitude, then we got some catching up to do.
View attachment 331455

Although, one of the biggest mysteries to keep us hanging is this new figure....
View attachment 331456
I'm pretty sure the mysterious figure at the end is Jeanne. Whether it's hinting at Jeanne's new design or a Jeanne from an alternate universe remains to be seen, but they've got Cereza's stuffed cat Chesire attached to the hilt of the sword, and they have white hair and appear to be wearing red.

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
my thoughts are Ahri gets revealed on October 5th and __ ( Master Chief ) __ gets revealed at the Video Game awards as some type of bonus.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the mysterious figure at the end is Jeanne. Whether it's hinting at Jeanne's new design or a Jeanne from an alternate universe remains to be seen, but they've got Cereza's stuffed cat Chesire attached to the hilt of the sword, along with white hair.
He could also have the cat if he's the one killing Bayonetta's, could be a trophy. Or is that too dark?
Oh jfc. Well ****. Nooo. Imma wait. Gotta at least get the last character for Ultimate and play them a bit. Can't be distracted!
The Smash character isn't releasing on the 5th, just being announced.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He could also have the cat if he's the one killing Bayonetta's, could be a trophy. Or is that too dark?

The Smash character isn't releasing on the 5th, just being announced.
I mean given that there’s maintenance for download codes and eShop cards that day, specifically for those things, I wouldn’t rule out a same day drop

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
my thoughts are Ahri gets revealed on October 5th and __ ( Master Chief ) __ gets revealed at the Video Game awards as some type of bonus.
How many times do we have to tell you this old man! Sakurai has gone down to stating this is the very last fighter!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
From the Doom Slayer support thread.

Take as you will.
It was talked about a couple of pages ago. Here:

So, basically it goes like this:

1# Person decides to make a fake leak

2# They decided on going the "SNK Leak" route, where "Nintendo leaked the copyright!"

3# Make fake screenshot

4# Manually archive the page on the Wayback Machine, which is something literally anyone can do

5# Post screenshot on Twitter

6# Have an accomplice bring attention to the Wayback Machine and say the site was 'changed'

The issue with their plan, however, is that despite the Website in question existing since Byleth's presentation in January 2020, it was never archived up to that point.... UNTIL TODAY, which just soo conveniently lined up with a supposed Nintendo copyright leak. It's very curious that the first time ever said site appears on the WBM, just happens to be a day where some bozos are claiming that Nintendo was covering up a supposed copyright leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom