• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I really wish Turok counted as a video game character. I loved Turok 2 and he had some awesome weapons. Plus, I need this song in Smash:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Surely Octoling counts too? Splatoon is a game about shooting ink after all
I have a feeling Octoling is going to be saved for the base game of the next Smash. They haven’t really had semiclones as paid DLC in either pass and I can’t picture Octoling having a completely original move set separate from Inkling but I could be wrong.

Another character I neglected to mention is someone from Borderlands. That series is huge and on the Switch but in never really gets any attention in Smash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Celeste is a phenomenal game, one of the best indie games I've ever played. The soundtrack, the level design, the story... 10/10 game.

Madeline as a playable character is not going to happen but I'd totally take a Mii costume, specially a "Premium" one. I'd pay in blood if they chose this track to come with the costume:

Or maybe this one:

Tbh I'd prefer a costume over a character as 1: I feel like you need to stretch a lot to make a moveset for a character who's entire movelist is jump, run, 8 directional dash and climb and while 8 directional dash can be fun, I feel an actual fighter should use it and 2: I would straight up feel bad beating up this alcoholic, suicidal bundle of anxiety and trauma lmao

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Tbh I'd prefer a costume over a character as 1: I feel like you need to stretch a lot to make a moveset for a character who's entire movelist is jump, run, 8 directional dash and climb and while 8 directional dash can be fun, I feel an actual fighter should use it and 2: I would straight up feel bad beating up this alcoholic, suicidal bundle of anxiety and trauma lmao
Yeah that's a fair point. Maybe Madeline isn't the character with the biggest moveset potential out there.

Though I think you could do something interesting if Sakurai had some creative freedom. Like, maybe the strawberries you collect in the game could be part of her moveset in some capacity? Badeline could play a part as well in her moveset.

It would be also very weird to see her in 3D now that I think about it lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah that's a fair point. Maybe Madeline isn't the character with the biggest moveset potential out there.

Though I think you could do something interesting if Sakurai had some creative freedom. Like, maybe the strawberries you collect in the game could be part of her moveset in some capacity? Badeline could play a part as well in her moveset.

It would be also very weird to see her in 3D now that I think about it lol
Tbf I've seen suggestions of Badeline attacking like she's a Stand and that does help for an attack or two but it still leaves a **** ton to make up for normals which are just as important as special moves for selling a character imo

SKX31

Smash Master
This week's tourney is...

Who's got the best head?
Yes, I know what I said
Going to say that :ultdk: is a contender - okay, one of his headbutts is not always practical, but instead immense stylepoints in certain situations:

If it turned out that Ori made it in as FP11, how'd you guys feel about it?
Somewhat interested, although not my favored Microsoft pick. That said, I do not know how she plays in any real detail, so I'd see that inclusion to learn more about the character and the game itself. (Forgot briefly about RoA, huh. While we're on that subject, I'd love to see a small mechanics change from there and Melee: namely that parries should be able to reflect projectiles.)

TBF, it may not be as much of a stretch as it appears since :ultpacman: is also relatively original in design. Sure, it took until Ultimate to iron out the jank he had (especially his grab) but still, the result is a character with versatile projectiles, absurd combo game and amazing recovery (with the caveats that he struggles to kill early and some of his tools can be predictable).

No, the comparision isn't entirely fair since Pac-Man also draws from the Namco arcade games for his moveset while Madelene would draw from just one game, but I still feel like one can take Madelene's base design and build from there.

Still, the second point is entirely valid - it'd be like some Spirits in the game (Paz and Ness' Dad, for example) only now with the increased risk of trolls teabagging online.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Speaking of Doomguy, I am pretty suspicious of the fact Dragonborn was chosen as the well requested costume choice from Bethesda when Doom was quite clearly the more talked about choice.

Thats not to dunk on Skyrim or anything, but Doomguy was the one mentioned in tons of interviews.

I’m not super confident in Doomguy after the interview, but I wouldn’t fully count him out after Grant Kirkhope’s mild bit of tomfoolery about Banjo.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If you had to choose one of these, who would it be?

If you know me by now you know who I'd pick

But incase you don't I'd easily pick Red, Angry Birds has become a staple name, getting many games and two movies, and Rovio bringing back the old games is wonderful.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Seeing some Ori and Madaline talk:

Have y'all seen these moveset videos? They look good to me as someone who hasn't played either game, but I'm just posting them here for fun.

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet

mobile gaming has a lot of things i have problems with (albeit it'd be silly to deny a lot of that is now in console gaming) so i don't have a TON of interest in a character from that side of gaming coming to smash, that being said i think red the angry bird would be an objectively hilarious character to see just BE in smash at all. the dragila lost kid's probably ok, i'd buy him a juice box or something to make up for red the angry bird getting in

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Speaking of Doomguy, I am pretty suspicious of the fact Dragonborn was chosen as the well requested costume choice from Bethesda when Doom was quite clearly the more talked about choice.

Thats not to dunk on Skyrim or anything, but Doomguy was the one mentioned in tons of interviews.

I’m not super confident in Doomguy after the interview, but I wouldn’t fully count him out after Grant Kirkhope’s mild bit of tomfoolery about Banjo.
At the same time, Skyrim is easily one of if not the biggest games from the last decade

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Seeing some Ori and Madaline talk:

Have y'all seen these moveset videos? They look good to me as someone who hasn't played either game, but I'm just posting them here for fun.

Goddang, that's a really creative moveset for Madeline. Now I want it to happen.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Found this and thought it would be interesting to share here

Kinda surprised the new Wario Ware isn't in the top 5

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord

I downloaded a Snake custom stage and it's actually pretty good. Anyways Angry Birds Red totally deserves it but idk how he would actually do anything in Smash. In Angry Birds the game, he never moves on his own and only gets launched. In the movies, he has arms and legs but that's the far less iconic movie design so idk

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Metroid Dread is top 5 most preordered switch game right now
Neat, I must say.

SKX31

Smash Master

TBF, those five have also been rather hot commodities as of late, so in that sense the upcoming WarioWare has a lot of "competition". That's not to say that WarioWare might've performed poorly - chances are pretty good that there's quite a lot of preorders too.

(Edit: ****, confused the date initially, Was referring to this pic from February, and I missed that this tweet was pinned. There's been a recent Japan FGC Publishers Roundtable though - recorded July 31st - available here. Sure, no Sakurai, but still sharing since people here may find it interesting.)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Every game up there has a smash character...

all but one.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded a Snake custom stage and it's actually pretty good. Anyways Angry Birds Red totally deserves it but idk how he would actually do anything in Smash. In Angry Birds the game, he never moves on his own and only gets launched. In the movies, he has arms and legs but that's the far less iconic movie design so idk
He can move in Angry Birds Toons and many other spin-offs, plus said spin-offs would help with the moveset.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
2 pokemon games Dread and the one Mario franchise I've never touched. Pokemon is so hype after decades it's incredible. At this time I'm about 50 percent certain fp11 is a new Pokemon and 35 it's smt rep. Only leaves 15 for all the other characters out there ... But I'm thrilled whoever gets in. This ride has been amazing.

Lyncario

Smash Ace

SMTV is in the top 5
That's amazing, even if there's a very low chance of it being above the lowest spot, it's still very high. Maybe this timeline is worth saving, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom