• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I think I remember someone here trying to argue that using the "generic barbarian man" as the Skyrim character would be bad and misrepresentative of the game and would be a literal who for a majority of people. Funny how awfully wrong that assumption was.

Anyway, please don't add an ugly-ass Hollow Knight mii with the next character, Sakurai.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Dragonborn may be deconfirmed, but that doesn't mean all Elder Scrolls characters are, too; after all, we could get the player character from Elder Scrolls Online.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Street Fighter is, particularly with the first lady of fighting games herself, Chun-Li.
They're not gonna put three fighting game characters into the same pass.

Yes we got plenty of JRPG's and swordfighters but its clear Nintendo has a bias over those.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Speaking of indies...
We now have three indie Mii costumes.

We're literally on our last chance for an indie fighter. I refuse to agree with the people who insist indies can't go beyond costumes until this is over.
What do you think the odds are that FP11 is an indie? Any indie--Quote, Frisk, the Knight, Cadence, Reimu, Madeline...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
With Fallout and Skyrim costumed, Doom Slayer is now the frontrunner when it comes to Bethesda, even if he has low chances of getting in.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Those Dante and Dragonborn mii sure were unexpected. And damn, that was a pretty big massacre for a wave of 4 miis.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
They really knew what they were doing by making Heihachi's Mii costume come out a long time ago lol. Now we got all these "deconfirmations" that could end up meaning nearly nothing at all for their parent companies. Of course I'm pretty sure a lot of assumptions are gonna be thrown out the window due to only one fighter remaining anyways

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think I remember someone here trying to argue that using the "generic barbarian man" as the Skyrim character would be bad and misrepresentative of the game and would be a literal who for a majority of people. Funny how awfully wrong that assumption was.
Anyone making that assumption is so woefully out of touch.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Street Fighter is, particularly with the first lady of fighting games herself, Chun-Li.
We just got another Fighting Game character. Idk if Sakurai decided to give the slot to another FGC rep.

JRPGs are different in that they are uber popular. So I’m not sure about stacking FGC characters the same way Smash has stacked RPGs.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Anyway, please don't add an ugly-ass Hollow Knight mii with the next character, Sakurai.
That argument isn't as bad as the one time someone tried to argue that Ice Climber was more beloved than SNK games. Thankfully everyone else in that thread refuted that wrong argument.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We just got another Fighting Game character. Idk if Sakurai decided to give the slot to another FGC rep.

JRPGs are different in that they are uber popular. So I’m not sure about stacking FGC characters the same way Smash has stacked RPGs.
This exactly too. As if they'll release another fighting game character after the last fighter was one.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hol up

Shantae got a song, she's deluxe for sure

But Dragonborn was TALKED about by Sakurai.. Usually only "deluxe" mii get that treatment...

IS DRAGONBORN OUR 2ND BETHESDA/BETHESDA DELUXE MII BRO? LETS GOO

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So that Mii Wave was a last ditch effort to get some big fanbase picks in from companies willing to cooperate already and they landed on these four which actually seems like a pretty decent representation of the fanbase’s demands all things considered. What that says for the final character, I don’t know until the final Mii Wave is released. Maybe they’ll also be fan faves or they’ll be unrelated.

My hot take? Waluigi with Mii Costumes based on Assist Trophies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Chun-Li isn't just a FGC character. She's one of the most iconic female characters in gaming ever. She got her own movie centered around her (even if it was a flop) and she even became a Power Ranger.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Seriously tho, why the **** hasn't Doshin got a spirit

With how comprehensive Ultimate's representation of misc. first-party stuff is and how he even got a trophy in Melee, you'd think he'd get something, but nope

My guy's one of the very few series represented throughout Smash history to not get anything in Ultimate, and the others are, like, BIT.TRIP, Tales and then stuff that's even more obscure than Doshin like Art Style and ThruSpace
I think it might be a case of them not having a high quality render available. They don't have Raimi from Geist either, and I don't see too many good quality renders from that game.

I have just now realized I have responded to a month's old post. Oof.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, not exactly where I wanted Dante to end up, but hey, I'll happily take a Mii costume over nothing at all. Seeing Dovachkiin and Shantae get the same is kinda odd, but still they got something and I'll take that.

39 tracks is way more than I expected, and hey, quite a lot of remixed bangers. I'm stoked. The tracklist looked a bit lop-sided towards certain games like 7, but no game went ignored either.

Stage looks nice for casual fun, my only qualm is that the blastzones are really bloody close to the dojo walls. That and the wood in the Dojo looks really fragile if it broke relatively early.

Okay so my thoughts on Kazuya:

• Just like in Tekken, he's very much centered around whiff punishing and laying on the damage once's a hit. Slower attacks than most of the cast, but he has a lot of mitigating tools like some super armor on the Smash attacks (another nail in Little Mac's proverbial coffin)
  • His weaknesses are likely to be that he drops like a brick in the air, that his attacks are punishable if missed and that he has to manuever around quicker attacks.
  • A lot of misinput potential with the guy, not only since Crouch Dash can lead into 3 attacks IIRC, but also since a lot of attacks share similar inputs as say the Smash attacks.
  • Still very much playable casually it looks like, especially since he will do a ton of damage with most hits and thus could be fun casually. Not the kind of character that thrives on button mashing though.
  • Fighting against the guy will likely boil down to keeping him outside your grill - while Devil Blaster is quick it can be anticipated and even reflected, for instance. Also, outspeeding him is helpful - he's not Ryu / Ken / Terry in this regard, Kazuya doesn't have a quick jab like they do. Even if his "oops-you-hit-a-button-in-neutral-here's-45-%" potential is really strong.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wonder if the next Mii wave will be related to the series that FP11 comes from or if it will be more clean up for wanted fighters?

Like, Master Chief, Crash, Doom Guy, Ryu Hayabusa, The Knight from Hollow Knight...there's still a lot of wanted characters and only one spot left. SMT feels like it will absolutely get SOMETHING

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I guess those last two news spots this update are either for:
  • Arthur and Sophia Spirits becoming permanent, or…
  • Two new Spirits unlocked in a similar vein

Also, no miis of KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Klonoa, Solaire or even Jin. I guess they’re viable candidates for next Smash (seeing as how I believe Third Party Miis will stay as such as opposed to first party miis)

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I've already seen people on Twitter think that Doomguy's chances have gone up now because of the Dragonborn outfit...

I don't know man...

Same goes for Phoenix Wright.. He's for sure our Capcom rep frontrunner in hindsight (RE could still happen, ya never know)

Indies Wise.. I'm going to watch out for Frisk.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, are they celebrating Shantae's deconfirmation because she's a fanservice character? >_<
Meh... she's one of the characters with the most gameplay potential with her dances and transformations.
I honestly wanted her for this reason, not for the fanservice

But I guess that a deluxe Mii costume is better than nothing.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Chun-Li isn't just a FGC character. She's one of the most iconic female characters in gaming ever. She got her own movie centered around her (even if it was a flop) and she even became a Power Ranger.
Doesn't mean she'll get the special treatment just saying. So many people were so certain on those like Crash being a lock which at this point I don't think is happening given E3 would had been ideal, so keep expectations low.

Though I'm hoping for Phoenix or Amaterasu and their chances certainly increased, I'm not certain they'll be last but I can hope.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
What's more interesting about this particular wave of Mii Fighters is that all of them were pretty notable speculation candidates! I didn't actually expect so many "runner-up" choices to appear, especially after the past few Mii Fighter waves, but it gives me hope that just a few more characters will get at least a little chance to be in Smash after all. Also means their supporters don't stick around hoping for nothing in the final reveal

I think it's important to come to terms with the fact that there's far more qualified candidates to be in Smash than there's room for newcomers, so honestly this is a best-case scenario when your guys aren't the ones who are picked. Obviously those who really wanted them in will be upset to some degree, but dem's the breaks - we can't fit everyone's hopefuls into one final character.

I am so glad they confirmed again that this will be the very last fighter, just to really break it to people slowly that Fighters Pass 3 isn't happening. That really isn't a healthy hope to keep around.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also, no miis of KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Klonoa, Solaire or even Jin. I guess they’re viable candidates for next Smash (seeing as how I believe Third Party Miis will stay as such as opposed to first party miis)
I hope that's not the case; it would suck if a company refusing to include a character as playable one time meant that they're never getting into any future installments of Smash.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Now that Dante is done, the only major competition remaining for Capcom is Phoenix Wright. That makes me very excited.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
So, with this devastating Thanos Snap of Mii fighters, let's see the names this board will talk about

Crash
Master Chief
Sora
DoomSlayer (???)
Chun-li
Waluigi
Rayman (???)
Reimu
2B
Phoenix Wright
Spyro (???)
Amaterasu (???)

I'm firmly predicting that everyone will talk about these fighters, with the majority talking more about how Master Chief, Sora, and Crash are locked in, probably due to Halo Infinite coming out this year, Sora being a fan favorite, and Crash being beloved in Japan and how it would be the perfect send-off to the Fighters Pass and the DLC Saga.

We have a long few months ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom