• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
AYO ******* GUESS WHAT

this is from the eve of the february direct. Now, riddle me this: what was one of the announcements in this E3 Direct?

THAT'S RIGHT

ADVANCE WARS

NO I DON'T CARE THAT I GOT THE DIRECT IN QUESTION WRONG

I CALLED IT

I AM A PROPHET

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, RIGHT

YA SAW IT RIGHT THERE, THAT'S RIGHT, CHALLENGER PACK 11 IS KAZUMA MOTHER****ING KIRYU. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS
smh

can't believe we're getting another shoto

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay, name 6 characters you'd be okay with if they turned out to be FP11. For me, Shantae, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Ayumi Tachibana, Master Chief, and Amaterasu would be some solid picks in my eyes.
  1. Isaac
  2. Pokemon that isn't from Gen 8
  3. Bandana Dee
  4. Lloyd if he somehow dodges the Kazuya wave
  5. Rhythm Heaven rep
  6. Krystal just because it would be funny if she couldn't be the final character made for Brawl because they didn't have the resources, while she's the final character for Ultimate because they don't need as many resources.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
AYO ******* GUESS WHAT

Months ago I dreamed we had a direct and it had Kiryu as the next fighter and an Advance Wars revival, and since I dreamed Ken was in before he got in, clearly we're getting Kiryu and Advance Wars tomorrow
this is from the eve of the february direct. Now, riddle me this: what was one of the announcements in this E3 Direct?

THAT'S RIGHT

ADVANCE WARS

NO I DON'T CARE THAT I GOT THE DIRECT IN QUESTION WRONG

I CALLED IT

I AM A PROPHET

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS, RIGHT

YA SAW IT RIGHT THERE, THAT'S RIGHT, CHALLENGER PACK 11 IS KAZUMA MOTHER****ING KIRYU. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS
Kazuma, Kazuya, tomato, tomahto. Only off by one letter.

Both Japanese crime bosses with slick haircuts. :4pacman:

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I was thinking about it… & I’d be totally fine with waiting until December for the final reveal at the Game Awards. Joker & Sephiroth were probably the two most mind blowing reveals for me, so the Game Awards must be good luck or something lmao

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Okay, name 6 characters you'd be okay with if they turned out to be FP11. For me, Shantae, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Ayumi Tachibana, Master Chief, and Amaterasu would be some solid picks in my eyes.
1. Kazuma Kiryu
2. Sora
3. Sol Badguy
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Dante
6. Ryu Hayabusa

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

【Notice】 Update data Ver. 12.0 will be delivered in the near future. Please note that if you update, you may not be able to play the replay that was saved until then. If you have a replay you want to keep, "Collection"→ "Replay"→ "Replay data"→ Please convert it to a video with "Make video". #Smash Bros SP

"#Mario Golf Super Rush" released today!
In addition to normal golf, in the new mode "Speed Golf", you can play with the speed of cup-in. You may be able to hit your rivals with "Special Dash" or aim for a one-shot reversal with "Special Shot" !?
#Smash Bros. SP #Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

【Notice】 Update data Ver. 12.0 will be delivered in the near future. Please note that if you update, you may not be able to play the replay that was saved until then. If you have a replay you want to keep, "Collection"→ "Replay"→ "Replay data"→ Please convert it to a video with "Make video". #Smash Bros SP

In addition to normal golf, in the new mode "Speed Golf", you can play with the speed of cup-in. You may be able to hit your rivals with "Special Dash" or aim for a one-shot reversal with "Special Shot" !?
So, most likely dropping the same day as Kazuya, makes sense.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Somehow these Tweets in the same post made me think Smash would have some sort of golf mode in the Kazuya update.

I should've known Kazuya would never come with any sport except bowling.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
so speaking about Kazuya...
do you think he'll come with this banger?
I would think so. The song is the one for the Mishima Dojo, which is the stage we'll get.

I also want Infinite Azure, both versions if possible!

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
Not counting assist trophies, I'd say:
Dixie Kong
Master Chief
Prince of Persia
Crash Bandicoot
Urbosa
An advance wars rep but only if done as I have vaguely in my mind

I wouldn't mind at all many other characters, like for example Doomslayer, Tetra, Ryu Hayabusa, Rayman, "Chorus Kids", Impa, Firebunny playing soccer, Porky, Dragapult/Gengar/Sceptile/Grovyle, Shantae, Amaterasu, Jill Valentine...

I wouldn't exactly like but still could accept the likes of Dante, Nahobino, Lara Croft, Groose, an Octoling very differentiated from Inkling, Dr. Eggman, Tails, Sora, Rillaboom, Chosen Undead, and others

Speaking about possible assist trophies promotion, I would LOVE Isaac and Skull Kid, and I'd like very much Midna, Alucard and Waluigi; I wouldn't mind too much Krystal.

...sorry, I could have exaggerated a bit! 😅

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like I'd be fine with most characters, but off the top of my head (not counting assist trophies, Mii costumes, or characters who have seemingly been ruled out by interviews), Dante, Dixie Kong, Impa (any version), Bandanna Waddle Dee, 2B (a long-shot, but I could see it being a Sakurai-like choice), or Crash Bandicoot.

(I could keep going if need be - Eggman just barely missed out on the list)

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
In other news, Falcom is now 40 years old.

Currently all Falcom games are on sale on Steam. Ys VIII and Trails of Cold Steel III and IV are on sale on the eShop as well, if anyone is interested.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Without counting my MWs:
-Diablo
-LoL character
-King Bob-omb
-Rayman
-Bomberman
-Knuckles

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Is this like characters we don't actively want but would be okay with?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Very interested in seeing Kazuya and the content he will bring. Someone want to bet which spirits are going to be added?

I'm guessing
  • Heihachi
  • Jin
  • Devil Jin (evolves from Jin)
  • Nina Williams
  • King
  • Paul Phoenix
  • Hwoarang
  • Law
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Jack

Maybe something like that? I stuck with classic/legacy characters because I guess Sakurai will go that way, but who knows.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Among semi-realistic options, I would go with:

Battletoads
Diablo
Bill Rizer
Sub-Zero
Gengar
Lu Bu

I also really want Zegram, Magus, Illidan, and many others but I don’t think there’s much a chance of that.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Very interested in seeing Kazuya and the content he will bring. Someone want to bet which spirits are going to be added?

I'm guessing
  • Heihachi
  • Jin
  • Nina Williams
  • King
  • Paul Phoenix
  • Hwoarang
  • Law
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Jack

Maybe something like that? I stuck with classic/legacy characters because I guess Sakurai will go that way, but who knows.
I'd love to see Pac-Man piloting a Mokujin as one of the spirits. XD

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

I'm guessing
  • Heihachi
  • Jin
  • Nina Williams
  • King
  • Paul Phoenix
  • Hwoarang
  • Law
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Jack

How come I never see people predict Eddie as a spirit? He's like one of the most memorable characters to me, but I guess he didn't appear until Tekken 3?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
How come I never see people predict Eddie as a spirit? He's like one of the most memorable characters to me, but I guess he didn't appear until Tekken 3?
Oh **** you're right. I don't know how I forgot about him

My bad. I did include Hwoarang which debuted in 3 IIRC so I should have added Eddy as well haha

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Off the top of my head here are a few I would be down to clown with.

Crash Bandicoot
Rean Schwarzer
Amaterasu
Officer Howard
Arle Nadja
Monokuma

Sophitia

Smash Cadet
Hmm, for me I tend to think of more via franchises I'd like to see get in, but here goes:

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Sophitia Alexandra (Soulcalibur)
Lyndis (Fire Emblem)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
2B (Nier)

Hard for me to think of a 6th character right now.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Master Chief
Doomslayer
Crash
Dr. Eggman
Ayumi Tachibana
and Shantae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom