• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Probably WarCraft. I would love a character from either game in Smash.
Heh, I was trying to avoid Blizzard because they made supporting them seem kinda political around the time the second pass would have been being planned.

Pikmin is great but a more traditional RTS rep would be really neat.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Heh, I was trying to avoid Blizzard because they made supporting them seem kinda political around the time the second pass would have been being planned.

Pikmin is great but a more traditional RTS rep would be really neat.
Yeah, that's understandable. I can totally see why people wouldn't want to support the company for how they've acted but that doesn't really change the fact that they created some of my favorite characters ever. I think if I get too hung up on the morals of a company rather than the properties they make, I probably wouldn't play very many things. Nintendo has done some pretty shady things themselves and I really enjoyed Borderlands 2 and 3 despite the fact that Gearbox is really scummy.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Thing is, a Blizzard character could've been decided on before the controversy. Recall that the controversy erupted in October of 2019, which is around a month after the official announcement of more DLC.

A Blizzard character is still on the table imo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Somehow these Tweets in the same post made me think Smash would have some sort of golf mode in the Kazuya update.

I should've known Kazuya would never come with any sport except bowling.
You ever just wanna listen to techno and dubstep during bowling? Tekken has you covered

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Thing is, a Blizzard character could've been decided on before the controversy. Recall that the controversy erupted in October of 2019, which is around a month after the official announcement of more DLC.

A Blizzard character is still on the table imo.
Also it's not as if Nintendo would care anyway, we have Konami content in this game.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Does someone has that Falcom 4chan "leak" that popped up some time ago? We considered it for a while because it did seemingly predict a few things.

Saying this because official localizations for Trails from Zero/Zero no Kiseki and Trails from Azure/Ao No Kiseki have been finally confirmed today. I remember the leak mentioned these 2 games finally getting an english localization.

Asking this because I'm curious, because I don't recall much about said leak, and I wanna read it again. Not implying a Falcom rep is a lock for CP11, but I wanted to check the 4chan post, because it did say we would be getting a Falcom character in Smash.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's understandable. I can totally see why people wouldn't want to support the company for how they've acted but that doesn't really change the fact that they created some of my favorite characters ever. I think if I get too hung up on the morals of a company rather than the properties they make, I probably wouldn't play very many things. Nintendo has done some pretty shady things themselves and I really enjoyed Borderlands 2 and 3 despite the fact that Gearbox is really scummy.

As the old saying goes:

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Does someone has that Falcom 4chan "leak" that popped up some time ago? We considered it for a while because it did seemingly predict a few things.

Saying this because official localizations for Trails from Zero/Zero no Kiseki and Trails from Azure/Ao No Kiseki have been finally confirmed today. I remember the leak mentioned these 2 games finally getting an english localization.

Asking this because I'm curious, because I don't recall much about said leak, and I wanna read it again. Not implying a Falcom rep is a lock for CP11, but I wanted to check the 4chan post, because it did say we would be getting a Falcom character in Smash.
Excited to see Zero & Azure get official releases, especially since NISA is partnering with the Geofront team who did the fan translations to make the official localizations happen. It’s gonna be a long wait though lol

Here’s the Falcom post:
2E2283F6-083F-4078-9BC5-AB67DD76C906.png

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'd be really interested in seeing how Sakurai would tackle Akira.

Seeing how our fighting game representatives are getting increasingly crazier ever since Ryu, making Akira stand out compared to Terry or Kazuya would be a challenge. But I believe you can make a truly interesting fighter that uses his signature baijiquan style that Smash fans will promptly ignore to call him another shoto
From what I hear, Virtua Fighter is particularly complicated for a fighting game, so maybe he'd bring over some weird mechanics.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Namco-Bandai followed Capcom’s path, first they include their 80’s mascot character (Pac-Man and Megaman), and then they include their main fighting game character (Ryu and now Kazuya).

So its logically that the next step for a B-N character is a Kazuya echo like Jin. ;)

btw, i re-watched terry mii costume wave and remind myself that nakoruru is a swordfighter, so I will find really strange if next monday they didn’t include a soul calibur character mii costume (with lloyd mii). But well, who knows, i had expectations of xeno costumes last time and it ended up very different lol.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Excited to see Zero & Azure get official releases, especially since NISA is partnering with the Geofront team who did the fan translations to make the official localizations happen. It’s gonna be a long wait though lol

Here’s the Falcom post:
View attachment 320526
Thanks for sharing the post!

Not gonna lie, maybe it's because I haven't played Cold Steel yet but between Rean and Adol, I truly hope it would be Adol, assuming this leak is real.

The only thing, I think, this leak didn't get right is the spirit event for Cold Steel. And at this point, I doubt it's gonna happen. I can see the spirit event being delayed maybe a few months, but not a year lol

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The only thing, I think, this leak didn't get right is the spirit event for Cold Steel. And at this point, I doubt it's gonna happen. I can see the spirit event being delayed maybe a few months, but not a year lol
Not to mention, wouldn't it happening now be a little suspicious?
In other words, wouldn't it make us REALLY think "Ayo Falcom character for CP11?"

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Thanks for sharing the post!

Not gonna lie, maybe it's because I haven't played Cold Steel yet but between Rean and Adol, I truly hope it would be Adol, assuming this leak is real.

For what it's worth, the leaker couldn't tell if it was a random Spirit Event, or if it was related to the character.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Here’s the Falcom post:
Huh, interesting. Two things of note: the first is that, if Cold Steel is getting an Event, it implies that Rean isn't the character, right? It would make no sense to get Spirits from Cold Steel in a separate event if the main Challenger Pack is from Cold Steel.

Secondly: take it with a grain of salt. Remember the base game DMCV leaks that had everything right for that game, but then added a "Dante in Smash" for laughs.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Not to mention, wouldn't it happening now be a little suspicious?
In other words, wouldn't it make us REALLY think "Ayo Falcom character for CP11?"
Well, I don't think they care. It's not like this leak gained that much traction and everyone knows about it. I only saw people discussing it here in Smashboards, and that was like one year ago, I think.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Huh, interesting. Two things of note: the first is that, if Cold Steel is getting an Event, it implies that Rean isn't the character, right? It would make no sense to get Spirits from Cold Steel in a separate event if the main Challenger Pack is from Cold Steel.

Secondly: take it with a grain of salt. Remember the base game DMCV leaks that had everything right for that game, but then added a "Dante in Smash" for laughs.
Excatly. That, and Nintendo has done an excellent job of keeping the fighter's identities past MinMin a secret in this pass.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Excatly. That, and Nintendo has done an excellent job of keeping the fighter's identities past MinMin a secret in this pass.
Even then Min Min was never leaked. She was just literally the one character the community actually predicted.

There was a leaker that implied that they knew it was her, but the way they went about it didn't actually give us a concrete answer until after the fact so I don't really count that.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
So people are saying they would have announced Jin as an Echo, if he were coming as well. Would that also rule him out as a character swap similar to Alph and the Koopalings?

A friend on Twitter said it could hypothetically happen, they both use the Devil Gene, they have similar enough body types, they both are trained under the Mishima style, Jin does have moves that Kazuya uses, so it could sort of be like the Belmonts borrowing from each other...

Again, hypothetically.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Arcanir Arcanir

Okay, news for the new BoF Pack for Teppen has come out. The Breath of Fire EX-Hero Skin is going to be Nina, as an EX-Skin for Jill.

I knew from the soundtrack that it was going to be a Breath of Fire hero coming as an EX-Skin, but since it didn't show who, I was hesitant to say it was Ryu when Nina was also a possibility. So we have the confirmation now. But sadly, she's behind the Pack Paywall, as while they did announce a Free Skin Ticket, it won't include any of the EX-Skins(likely because there are only 4 of them. Probably won't see any Free Ticket for them until there are a lot more of them). But the Free Ticket skin will have the chance of giving the Felyne's Melynx coloring skin, Rathalos' Azure skin and Nerg's Arch-Tempered coloring skin.

That said, after the update for the new Pack comes out on July 1st, veterans will get 50 packs consisting of 10 packs each of the 4 card sets before the new BoF card set, as well as the Core set. New Players after the update will not only get those same 50 packs, but also an additional 50 packs consisting of 10 packs of the 5 card sets before the new BoF Card set. Basically, new players will receive 100 card packs with 6 cards each, for a total of 600 cards, which can be used for decks or any extras can be turned into Souls for making new cards or the Soul Shop.
If you are still interested in trying the game, waiting until after the update is the best time thanks to those cards packs.

Anyway, more Cards were shown on the site, including some more Breath of Fire cards, so have fun geeking out at the new artwork and animations.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So people are saying they would have announced Jin as an Echo, if he were coming as well. Would that also rule him out as a character swap similar to Alph and the Koopalings?
Yes. Look at every other instance of this:
  • Heroic Encounter: The Hero Draws Near!...then gets beat up and joined by the only different character alts to not get a tagline.
    • This is probably because they're all universally called Hero.
  • The Ashen Demon: Byleth Joins Smash House! and Byleth Recruits...Byleth!
  • A New Seed!: Steve Rocks the Block!, Alex Swaps In!, Zombie Spawns In!, and Enderman Steps from the Shadows!
  • One Day, Pyra Just Disappeared: Pyra Blazes into Battle and Mythra Awakens!
Be it Echo Fighter, alternate costume, or entirely different character, they will be in the trailer, and they will almost always have a tagline as well.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I can easily see them having some actual knowledge about new Falcom releases, but knowing that it most likely wouldn't get a lot of notoriety they slapped random "new character in SMash!" to it to attract more attention.

Arcanir Arcanir

Okay, news for the new BoF Pack for Teppen has come out. The Breath of Fire EX-Hero Skin is going to be Nina, as an EX-Skin for Jill.

I knew from the soundtrack that it was going to be a Breath of Fire hero coming as an EX-Skin, but since it didn't show who, I was hesitant to say it was Ryu when Nina was also a possibility. So we have the confirmation now. But sadly, she's behind the Pack Paywall, as while they did announce a Free Skin Ticket, it won't include any of the EX-Skins(likely because there are only 4 of them. Probably won't see any Free Ticket for them until there are a lot more of them). But the Free Ticket skin will have the chance of giving the Felyne's Melynx coloring skin, Rathalos' Azure skin and Nerg's Arch-Tempered coloring skin.

That said, after the update for the new Pack comes out on July 1st, veterans will get 50 packs consisting of 10 packs each of the 4 card sets before the new BoF card set, as well as the Core set. New Players after the update will not only get those same 50 packs, but also an additional 50 packs consisting of 10 packs of the 5 card sets before the new BoF Card set. Basically, new players will receive 100 card packs with 6 cards each, for a total of 600 cards, which can be used for decks or any extras can be turned into Souls for making new cards or the Soul Shop.
If you are still interested in trying the game, waiting until after the update is the best time thanks to those cards packs.

Anyway, more Cards were shown on the site, including some more Breath of Fire cards, so have fun geeking out at the new artwork and animations.
I've always had mixed feelings on Ammy's appearance in that game but that's probably because I'm not used to seeing her without a thick, black outline lol.
movie02.jpg

Gengar84

Smash Hero

A friend on Twitter said it could hypothetically happen, they both use the Devil Gene, they have similar enough body types, they both are trained under the Mishima style, Jin does have moves that Kazuya uses, so it could sort of be like the Belmonts borrowing from each other...

Again, hypothetically.
I’m never one to say something is impossible even if it isn’t terribly likely. I would love if Jin was either an alt or echo since he was my most wanted Tekken character. I’m not expecting it but I think there’s a small chance.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I've always had mixed feelings on Ammy's appearance in that game but that's probably because I'm not used to seeing her without a thick, black outline lol.
Yeah. While her biggest appearances both give her the oil painting artstyle, there does exist a hyper realistic version of the design, and you can even play as it in Ōkami if you can unlock it.

It can look pretty good as it does here, but also pretty bad as it does in Ōkami IMO.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. While her biggest appearances both give her the oil painting artstyle, there does exist a hyper realistic version of the design, and you can even play as it in Ōkami if you can unlock it.

It can look pretty good as it does here, but also pretty bad as it does in Ōkami IMO.
"Photorealistic Ammy isn't real she can't hurt you."

Photorealistic Ammy:
Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 11-14-27 Karmic9 webp (WEBP Image, 250 × 209 pixels).png

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Even then Min Min was never leaked. She was just literally the one character the community actually predicted.

There was a leaker that implied that they knew it was her, but the way they went about it didn't actually give us a concrete answer until after the fact so I don't really count that.
Okay we’re not going to sit here and act Xenoblade 2 wasn’t a home run for anyone wanting to predict a first party game rep.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So what leak(s) if any are we discussing rn?
They were discussing a leak regarding Falcom content. I'm trying to speculate on other things that would potentially hint at or at least be a more viable conclusion to whom FP11 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom