• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

I looked back on the last several pages since the tread opened back up and haven't seen this get mentioned.

Take it as you will but this could potentially be the end of Master Chief.
Bro put me in Kazuya's arms because I wanna be thrown off a freaking cliff right now this sucks

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I looked back on the last several pages since the tread opened back up and haven't seen this get mentioned.

Take it as you will but this could potentially be the end of Master Chief.
Apparently this guy is the community director? I'll have to double-check that, though. Dunno how much info he'd be given in that case, either.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Big moves for WayForward, working on a Nintendo IP.

Big moves for Advance Wars, being not dead.

If enough of you buy the game, a new title might be on the table. And then we're in character territory.
Yup, they’re treading water with the remakes first. If there’s a lot of success we could see a reawakening of the series like with Fire Emblem….. Awakening. (Unintentional pun)
That comes with brand new games, Smash characters, and the like.

It just has to sell well first.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
In regards to Vergeben and his increasingly crumbling credibility and reputation, I don't think he can even claim to be the first one to have called Metroid 5, because fans had been speculating that it's been happening ever since the freaking release of Samus Returns.

zferolie

Smash Hero
In regards to Vergeben and his increasingly crumbling credibility and reputation, I don't think he can even claim to be the first one to have called Metroid 5, because fans had been speculating that it's been happening ever since the freaking release of Samus Returns.
DId vergeben talk about Prime 5, or was that just the dataminers

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Also regarding a third pass. I would absolutely love more. Never gonna refuse that. But I'm not gonna dare to hope for anything until I see some sort of indication from Nintendo. Seems like a great way to be disappointed.

On another note, Kazuya completely caught me off guard. I assumed Tekken was out of the running, as I'm sure most of you had as well. So at this point I dunno if I can even begin to speculate on the next character. This does bode well for me in the sense that it seems to indicate once again that our assumptions about how things work and how characters are chosen continues to be off base. So perhaps some of my wanted characters are possible after all, even if there is only one more (possibly maybe probably not 2? lol) to go.

If nothing else I'm hoping that Nintendo continues the trend of letting select other companies handle their IPs and that they utilize more of their lesser IPs in the future. If Advance Wars can do it so can Golden Sun damnit! And then on to the next Smash game. lol

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Im not completely aware of the situation, but I gather vergeben apparently “leaked” master chief.

I could care less if he is right or not, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up being right for the last character reveal. However, people also gave him crap about being wrong about Minecraft content, and in the end he was right.

Personally I think Nintendo is holding on to content, and is strategically releasing it. Master Chief has plenty of prime opportunities to pop up if you consider the following possibly happening:

1.Halo infinite still doesn’t have a release date, Smash definitely likes ending its reveals on current/relevant characters. Maybe it promotes longevity or something.
People will be talking about Halo for sure.

2. Rumored Game Pass coming to Switch. A new app like this would probably be announced with the new switch variant. If this is true, the halo series is gonna be emphasized along with a Chief reveal.

I’d prefer Sora, but master Chief does add a completely different play style to work with.

I can see more characters coming. If the sales of dlc warrant it, I could see investors pushing it regardless of Sakurais involvement. As long as the switch has reasonable shelf life still left.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ironically I do think Verg was first on public record for Dread (this game, not the DS one)

This is from pre-E3 2019. It's entirely possible there are earlier public claims, but afaik this was the first.

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, Metroid Dread was first mentioned back in 2005:

My guess is that Metroid Dread was actually in early development back then, but that stalled out in Development Hell. Until late 2010s when development picked back up - it might be that the Metroid team saw the relative success of Samus Returns and decided to revisit Dread.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Im not completely aware of the situation, but I gather vergeben apparently “leaked” master chief.

I could care less if he is right or not, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up being right for the last character reveal. However, people also gave him crap about being wrong about Minecraft content, and in the end he was right.

Personally I think Nintendo is holding on to content, and is strategically releasing it. Master Chief has plenty of prime opportunities to pop up if you consider the following possibly happening:

1.Halo infinite still doesn’t have a release date, Smash definitely likes ending its reveals on current/relevant characters. Maybe it promotes longevity or something.
People will be talking about Halo for sure.

2. Rumored Game Pass coming to Switch. A new app like this would probably be announced with the new switch variant. If this is true, the halo series is gonna be emphasized along with a Chief reveal.

I’d prefer Sora, but master Chief does add a completely different play style to work with.

I can see more characters coming, if the sales of dlc warrant it, I could see investors pushing it regardless of Sakurais involvement.
The issue is he put all his eggs in one basket, which was a leak which said that the last 2 characters were the 4 Champions from BotW and MC.

Well, 4 Champions aren't Kazuya.

He was acting extremely confident that he'd be right, he wasn't. It completely blew up in his face.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
he ALSO said new DK title

what a big load of Hoopa that was
A big load? Must have been the unbound form.

The issue is he put all his eggs in one basket, which was a leak which said that the last 2 characters were the 4 Champions from BotW and MC.
All...four of them?

Shroob

Sup?
Uh...Since February I think?
Welp, lol.

Yeah, it was a real infamous leak simply because it sounded dumb as hell, but it snowballed out of control due to a bunch of small things.

To give you a timeline of events:

Gamefaqs "leak" pops up saying the 4 Champs are CP10, Rayman is CP11 > Arlo makes a speculation video, his Smash prediction is the 4 Champs, his wish is Rayman > Imran Khan talks about the story of BotW, mentions the champs, then uses the term "Smash cut"(Which, is a movie term, it meant literally nothing but people went nuts) > The day before E3, Gamexplain uploaded a video of a potential 4-in-1 4 Champs moveset.

It was an insane amount of coincidences all happening in a short time period.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...There's a reason many of us dismissed the BOTW Champion idea. There's no way 4 in 1 was ever going to happen.

Especially as they're not remotely similar to each other. Pyra & Mythra showed that semi-clones being tied together aren't that bad for DLC. It even gave me a little hope for Agumon(since Greymon actually has similar fighting abilities to Agumon. Only MetalGreymon sticks out), but then Kazuya happened. Either way, I'd imagine trying to have a three character in one who are clearly still a bit different(you could argue Pyra & Mythra are regular clones, not semis) where a lot of stuff is fairly unique(though body design-wise, Pokemon Trainer is still more unique) would be too much anyway. Since it'd clearly require more work than the Xenoblade duo. So... not surprised. I consider Agumon plausible for next base game, though(or even later DLC).

On another note, how similar is Heihachi to Kazuya gameplay-wise? An interesting thought for next game, as he could be an Echo for Kazuya, but I don't know if they're close to similar enough to justify it. Bodyshape they look similar to me, but only at a glance.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Welp, lol.

Yeah, it was a real infamous leak simply because it sounded dumb as hell, but it snowballed out of control due to a bunch of small things.

To give you a timeline of events:

Gamefaqs "leak" pops up saying the 4 Champs are CP10, Rayman is CP11 > Arlo makes a speculation video, his Smash prediction is the 4 Champs, his wish is Rayman > Imran Khan talks about the story of BotW, mentions the champs, then uses the term "Smash cut"(Which, is a movie term, it meant literally nothing but people went nuts) > The day before E3, Gamexplain uploaded a video of a potential 4-in-1 4 Champs moveset.

It was an insane amount of coincidences all happening in a short time period.
Haha! It's been years since the original, but we finally got the Grinch Leak 2.0 we never asked for!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...There's a reason many of us dismissed the BOTW Champion idea. There's no way 4 in 1 was ever going to happen.

Especially as they're not remotely similar to each other. Pyra & Mythra showed that semi-clones being tied together aren't that bad for DLC. It even gave me a little hope for Agumon(since Greymon actually has similar fighting abilities to Agumon. Only MetalGreymon sticks out), but then Kazuya happened. Either way, I'd imagine trying to have a three character in one who are clearly still a bit different(you could argue Pyra & Mythra are regular clones, not semis) where a lot of stuff is fairly unique(though body design-wise, Pokemon Trainer is still more unique) would be too much anyway. Since it'd clearly require more work than the Xenoblade duo. So... not surprised. I consider Agumon plausible for next base game, though(or even later DLC).

On another note, how similar is Heihachi to Kazuya gameplay-wise? An interesting thought for next game, as he could be an Echo for Kazuya, but I don't know if they're close to similar enough to justify it. Bodyshape they look similar to me, but only at a glance.
Even a sort of assist style gimmick would be strange and/or convoluted.

The most I'd expect from the champions would be Urbosa with the other three as taunt characters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
but the best part is

ppl can now stop doubting Splatoon since Kazuya came nearly a year after the Heihachi Mii

...and since Squid Sisters were the Mii back then... what if playable Off the Hook

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Originally, Heihachi was just Kazuya with some Paul moves added. Similarly, Jin was just Kazuya with some Jun moves added in Tekken 3. In later games, both characters became more diverse, but Heihachi kept moves that are considered Mishima staples.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
On one hand, I want to support the series and see it come back from the dead.

On the other, 60 bucks for 2 remakes.

View attachment 319435

Fiiiine
I mean if it's a port with a couple of stuff added in of a relatively recently released game anyway (that doesn't even need my sale to be successful) like NSMBU Deluxe, I personally wouldn't be interested, but in these cases they're full on remakes of a series that hasn't been around in over a decade (like FDC), and this is the first chance in said decade the creators are giving the series a chance, so.....

Shut Up And Take My Money! | Know Your Meme

Worth it personally for me.

They're technically two separate games anyways, so it's like 30 bucks for each game.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Anyway

I've seen some people ask "Why not Heihachi", and tbh, I think it's really simple.

It's not because of the Mii outfit.

His voice actor(Which is Incineroar's as well iirc), died, and afaik, they don't want to replace him(iirc).
Not the first time Heihachi's VA dies though, previous ones have been replaced. Also they could have reused voiceclips like they did in that KoF mobile game a while ago.

D

Deleted member

Thread is back, so I just wanna share this post I made on the E3 thread for fun:

I was looking at twitter earlier and saw some stuff around the Japanese feed of this Direct that didn't air on the Western version. The games in question are the following:

-Super Robot Wars 30
-Ender Lilies
-Caligula 2
-Legend of Mana
-Samurai Warriors 5
-Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 4th Heart
-PowerPro-kun Pocket R
-Cave Shmup
-Hades
-Sky
-a Baseball game
-Shin-chan
-NEO TWEWY (paging Rie)
-Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

A great amount of these games are centric towards Japan, but Hades is interesting to see since it looks like it's officially releasing in Japanese. It sure makes me think.
So yeah, Hades was advertised for Japan on the Direct, and with Epicmartin's color coded math **** being right about red with green apparently being next...
1623804039169.png

1 could hope.

Ivander

Smash Legend

General vibe of the post Kazuya world.
I mean, Capcom wasn't exactly out when it was mostly just the Megaman, Monster Hunter and Arthur outfits. The likes of Dante, Morrigan, Amaterasu, etc, were still viable, even if unlikely.

That said, the Heihachi costume not stopping Tekken from happening does help a couple series. Most notably, Assassin's Creed, considering the Mii Costume is Altair and not Ezio, Fallout and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I figured, VA problems aside, that Heihachi's moveset was way too complex to figure out and opted for Kazuya instead.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Thread is back, so I just wanna share this post I made on the E3 thread for fun:

So yeah, Hades was advertised for Japan on the Direct, and with Epicmartin's color coded math **** being right about red with green apparently being next...

View attachment 319443
1 could hope.
While Hades would be very cool, i think the game is just too new. Sakurai wouldn't have even known of the game till he was already working on FP2

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Another curious fact, this is another fighter that doesn’t get leaked. Nintendo you are doing your staff right.

So, what do you think the mii costume will be ? We will get finally Lloyd Mii? Someone from Tekken like Nina Williams? Maybe Street Fighter like Chun Li or Guile? Nightmare from Soul Calibur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom