• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Don't expect anything decent from Bamco

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I'm unsure why no reveal is being entertained as a possibility. I could totally see it not being a double reveal, but come on now. It's an E3 direct and it's four months after the last reveal. The Sakurai Presents doesn't need to be right away, nor does it need to coincide with the initial reveal; it only rarely has.
To blue-ball it - let alone for only a week - is absolutely absurd. Why would they kneecap their E3 like that?
People like to be contrarian and pessimistic for whatever reason.

I understand the no double reveal stance, but the idea of Nintendo passing off what is essentially one of their few ways to generate any interest? No way.

Ivander

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ngl this is a bit concerning
That's really the common rule. Lower your expectations and expect the bare minimum.

Like for me, all I'm really expecting for big news is one Smash reveal and Breath of the Wild 2. And maybe Shin Megami Tensei 5. Anything extra that is big, I'll be like, "Hey, wasn't expecting that. Pretty cool."

Like it honestly helps to think of only what is likely certain and expect just that then to expect a whole lot that will more than likely not happen.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I'm unsure why no reveal is being entertained as a possibility. I could totally see it not being a double reveal, but come on now. It's an E3 direct and it's four months after the last reveal. The Sakurai Presents doesn't need to be right away, nor does it need to coincide with the initial reveal; it only rarely has.
To blue-ball it - let alone for only a week - is absolutely absurd. Why would they kneecap their E3 like that?
Yeah, if Ninty has no Smash reveal there, then they're just asking to get shot in the knees (okay, that last part is an exaggeration).

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Honestly, I don't think this means we won't be getting a good Direct, but rather we won't get literally everything everyone's been asking for all at once. I've legit seen people thinking we're gonna get a new Donkey Kong game, Kirby game, a formal reveal of Breath of the Wild 2 AND a bunch of Zelda ports all revealed at the same time. If history tells us anything, it's that we're likely to only get one of those things at most. I think that's what she's trying to say.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Alanah Pearce is a writer. I don't know much about her but she works at Santa Monica Studios (Devs of God of War) and while she used to be a journalist she isn't anymore to my knowledge. That said, I'm not sure if she would have that kind of info unless she has friends in the Nintendo or E3 sphere who gave her some info privately.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't know if somebody's posted this already, but this.
Nintendo would basically have to go into tomorrow trying to screw up to piss anybody off at this point. It's been nothing but some real fat Ls so far. They really don't need a hell of a lot to have this on lock.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The rumor mill has been throwing out Zelda and Metroid for a couple weeks now. That's literally all I need to be content.
Same. All I want is 2D Metroid. Deep in my heart I'd love even a CG Prime 4 trailer but I doubt I'm getting it. Would also love BoTW 2 gameplay which I think we might get whether it's in the direct or the Treehouse right after.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Alright, one last question before the reveal:

Assuming it's a dual reveal and Ultimate ends tomorrow, where do you see yourself? Are you still gonna stick around the other threads, or are you gonna leave entirely?
I only came back to this site because i wanted to witness the disscussion of Ultimate's last DLC. had i know how boring it would become, i would have bailed out instantly had not been for Coronavirus making my little social life even smaller (this is the only website i use that i can voice my opinions) so i think i may leave my account for good, at least i hope so.

Technomage

Smash Champion

Assuming it's a dual reveal and Ultimate ends tomorrow, where do you see yourself? Are you still gonna stick around the other threads, or are you gonna leave entirely?
Well, if one or both of them has no release date shown at the time, then I might stick around to discuss that. I'd also be discussing potential movesets, and stay in the Character Exploration thread a while longer to discuss characters I'm interested in.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Oh, I'm outta here. I like a lot of ya'll but not enough to endure much more of this. But I've been around on-and-off since base-game speculation, I'm locked in 'till it's done.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Depends on who the last two are

if for some reason a post dlc ballot is announced, I’ll campaign for my MWs at least

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
"Lower your expectations!"

Meanwhile Nintendo is literally sending out "Hype boxes"

Who knows what the **** they're showing

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace

Not sure who this is but it is good to have a good tampered expectation. It's one thing to have some expectations, it's another to think we'll a double reveal of Crash/Hayabusa/Waluigi/Sora/Master Chief/Doom Guy, a third fighters pass, BOTW 2 info, Metroid Prime 4 info, Bayonetta 3 info, some F-Zero/Star Fox revival, Persona 5 coming to Switch, and a Mother 3 localization all in one show.

There's some people who fully expect all this and are setting themselves up for disappointment. I am a bit tampered here.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

See, I mostly visit Smashboards just for speculation and seeing what people are saying when it comes to predictions, keeping up with spirit events and developer interviews that could affect characters' chances. So with that said, I'm not sure how active I will be on here. I don't want to leave because there are a lot of good people on here but it will be difficult as people will naturally separate and at least temporarily leave the site.

Just saying, we should keep in contact. Maybe after the DLC is done with we should just chill in the main social thread. I really like some of the people on here and I think a lot of you are funny. Visiting this site has been a daily thing for me for the past two years and I don't want that to go away.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Who do I believe? Are we getting nothing with a side of wasted time? Are we getting the long-awaited F-ZERO game that [REDACTED] and calls you handsome? 9/10? Lower your expectations? Hype boxes? What's goin' on!?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I doubt I'd bother with this thread in particular much at all. All the hype is gone for the year, regardless of who it is. I can at most stick to the thread of the character, and it's not like anything'll happen for my actual most wanted, so.

Meh.

Not that this thread itself will be boring alone, but there's nothing of interest for me to discuss here with it being over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom