• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
The post was banned because the mods don't want people to know the truth. We're obviously getting a half-echo as DLC, wake up sheeple.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Apparently, the community's not buying it. 0 votes means that the most has more downvotes than upvotes. That's really bad. I can't find the original leak, but there was a post on Reddit that leaked almost every single announcement in the February direct hours before, so stay tuned if that user makes another post.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
See I actually like the idea of Dixie reusing the K. Rool trailer format one last time...

But why would they add Banjo and Gruntilda to the end of it instead of like, Cloud and Sephiroth? The whole point of the montage was to show the playable heroes and their respective villains on the playable roster!
Instead of heroes vs villains they should do a female montage with Peach, Zelda, Palutena, etc. Would be way more fitting for Dixie.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
You know who else could work in a pink background?

Mods plz don't ban me I hope this image is suitable for SmashBoards x_x
Nice. Though as Guynamednelson pointed out, that's not official and just a merging of different art. I don't think any GTA protagonist is associated with pink. Maybe Tommy Vercetti with GTA Vice City's logo being pink but he doesn't specifically wear any pink...

Then again, the colors in Smash Ultimate are weird, if you go to the main site, Samus has a weird blueish purple and Roy has the color green. What?? I think Jigglypuff has purple.

Also, this pass has given us, yellow with green, blue, dark teal, and teal... I wouldn't be surprised if we get a repeat color or something like grey which could work for Michael or Trevor too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Apparently, the community's not buying it. 0 votes means that the most has more downvotes than upvotes. That's really bad. I can't find the original leak, but there was a post on Reddit that leaked almost every single announcement in the February direct hours before, so stay tuned if that user makes another post.
That was PracticalBrush12 who also leaked Byleth and Steve before their reveals

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If you think about it Dixie Kong does fit into the whole "Fix Theory" given the last four characters in this pass.

Min Min and Pyra & Mythra representing ARMS and Xenoblade 2 characters for Base game.
Steve being negioated for five years and was rumored to be planned for Base.
Sephiroth being the reason Cloud was able to return in Ultimate who almost didn't make it.

Dixie was planned to be a duo character with Diddy in Brawl but was cut due to time constraints.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If you think about it Dixie Kong does fit into the whole "Fix Theory" given the last four characters in this pass.

Min Min and Pyra & Mythra representing ARMS and Xenoblade 2 characters for Base game.
Sephiroth being the reason Cloud was able to return in Ultimate who almost didn't make it.

Dixie was planned to be a duo character with Diddy in Brawl but was cut due to time constraints.
Intersting... she really does make sense, goddamn

Any third parties that could fit this.. besides Heihachi hadn't he gotten Mii'd?

Edit: Maybe Jin Kazama over Heihachi...?

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

The question now is if we’re getting a Dixie/Kiddy duo character or just Dixie by herself. As unpopular as Kiddy is, I’d love to see DKC’s tag mechanic represented. Either that or animal buddies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The question now is if we’re getting a Dixie/Kiddy duo character or just Dixie by herself. As unpopular as Kiddy is, I’d love to see DKC’s tag mechanic represented. Either that or animal buddies.
There WAS an Ice Climbers Neutral B (Spin Attack) glitch recently...

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Welp we’ve already got a final two “leak”. Leak is in quotes because this is SO obviously fake

Time travel jokes aside, they’ve never made a generalized release date IN the trailers, have they?
So I know there's like a 95% chance this is fake and all, but did anyone happen to save a screenshot or text of this before it was deleted?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Anything can fit the fix theory if you stretch hard enough.
Smash dev cycles are full of characters getting "second chances" anyway. Before FP2, there was Melee adding characters planned for 64.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There WAS an Ice Climbers Neutral B (Spin Attack) glitch recently...

Hold up

how recently was this? Why am I only hearing it now?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
On the Subject of the PapaGenos video, what do you think about not having a 2010s tournament yet? Could one of the characters we think are likely fit in well there and Nintendo is just waiting? We already got Steve from 2009/2011 and Min Min and Pyra from 2017. For unreleased characters, my top bet would be Dark Souls which came out in 2011, or a modern Nintendo rep... but I'm also going to shill GTAV and mention how that game and its characters mainly debuted in 2013 so it also checks out. Who else would qualify if they would be hypothetically holding on to this 2010s event??
3E5D0FBA-743C-4F4F-A103-A6B02CD62A14.jpg

Nier: Automata was 2017. ;)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I know there's like a 95% chance this is fake and all, but did anyone happen to save a screenshot or text of this before it was deleted?
All you need to know is that it said Dixie was in but she had the exact ****ing same trailer as Banjo and K.Rool because it's so much funnier the third time you see

Paraster

Smash Lord
I'm inclined to think another combo character is unlikely immediately after another combo character and Sakurai reiterating that even the Ice Climbers were difficult to get working properly.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ngl even his Chief trailer idea was a bit weak for me:

For CP11 EPSECIALLY IF ITS CHIEF I'd have all the Ultimate fighters stand in front of a portal awaiting the final fighter, and viewers begin to hear the Halo theme as Master Chief comes out of the portal with the invitation in his left hand, gun in his right. He points it at Mario, and cue gameplay

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ngl even his Chief trailer idea was a bit weak for me:

For CP11 EPSECIALLY IF ITS CHIEF I'd have all the Ultimate fighters stand in front of a portal awaiting the final fighter, and viewers begin to hear the Halo theme as Master Chief comes out of the portal with the invitation in his left hand, gun in his right. He points it at Mario, and cue gameplay
That would be a sick trailer and good way to ending the run.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think that it was removed for breaking a rule of some kind.
That there was literally no source, yeah. They require a source of some kind.

like I saw a no-source “leak” of P5R coming to Xbox, linking a Twitter post that only said it was a rumor. It was deleted within the hour

Ivander

Smash Legend
All you need to know is that it said Dixie was in but she had the exact ****ing same trailer as Banjo and K.Rool because it's so much funnier the third time you see
Did it say who the character that was impersonating Dixie was?

Cause I think that's the main issue is that Dedede had the K.Rool disguise, Duck Hunt had the Banjo & Kazooie disguise, who would have the Dixie disguise when there aren't really any characters that similar to Dixie besides Diddy? And Diddy would likely be with Donkey Kong again.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yea it just said the DK crew and Banjo saw a silhouette jump around the forest, and I think they followed it and it eventually revealed itself as Dixie.
Someone correct me if I'm inaccurate.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace

Cause I think that's the main issue is that Dedede had the K.Rool disguise, Duck Hunt had the Banjo & Kazooie disguise, who would have the Dixie disguise when there aren't really any characters that similar to Dixie besides Diddy? And Diddy would likely be with Donkey Kong again.
What gets me is that it didn't even bother with another fakeout. Like, even if they did do another fakeout, it'd be bad; but it's worse to just not bother because then the trailer's just, like, nothing. Like, come on, at least play with it. I dunno, maybe have it be K. Rool's silhouette again, but K. Rool's in the house, because it's actually Dixie. That's... still pretty bad, but at least it's trying something new.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Maybe a Mii wearing the Dixie hat lol.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The leak mentioned Vergeben, and I don't remember what it said about him, but it made me think it was clearly fake, reminding me of the other fake "leaks" that tried to pull Vergeben into 'em or dunk on him.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The leak mentioned Vergeben, and I don't remember what it said about him, but it made me think it was clearly fake, reminding me of the other fake "leaks" that tried to pull Vergeben into 'em or dunk on him.
Tried to pull Brushie into it too

I think that’s also why it was deleted - trying to bait Brushie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom