• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Showerthought, but in regards to the whole Pink color of the color theory, was looking over at the subreddit

And a front page thread was someone suggesting a Worms character.

Worms had completely slipped my mind and would be such an oddball pick.
Oh yeah, that's the game with stupid bull%$#@ weapons and breakable environments

From what little the thread has taught me of it I can't really complain if it happens

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Showerthought, but in regards to the whole Pink color of the color theory, was looking over at the subreddit

And a front page thread was someone suggesting a Worms character.

Worms had completely slipped my mind and would be such an oddball pick.
Direct starts.

Sakurai sitting in a room by himself.

"I've got worms" he declares confidently.

This is followed by concrete donkey falling through the roof followed by Worms shooting and blasting nonstop.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
As someone who much preferred XCX to XC1 and never played XC2, And had Elma up there on his wanted list, Xenoblade's representation in Smash is.....well.....yeah...
It's still 2 characters out of 3 games, one of which was WiiU exclusive and therefore not played a lot due to poor sales of the console itself... I'd say that's a lot of Xenoblade representation overall!

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of colors, I found the elusive fighter color for :ultbrawler: , :ultswordfighter: , and :ultgunner: , instead of the unify color for the :ultmiifighters: .

For context, this is color for the Mii Fighter on the official site:

Thanks to a recent JP online tournament announcement showing off the character roster to be used in that event, the color for the individual Mii have been finally uncovered:

Source: Super Smash Bros online tournament (May 31, 2021)

Too bad, the individual colors for :ultsquirtle: :ultivysaur: :ultcharizard: have yet to be found, as :ultpokemontrainer: is still being used. I guess the message of Pokemon Trainer being counts as one continue to be true.
Update!!! I am such a idiot, why didn't I realize that the fighter's color can be found on the darn amiibo package.

So, here it is the fighter color for :ultsquirtle: and :ultivysaur: :

:ultcharizard: is now the only one left in the SSBU base roster whose color have yet to be found. Unless, the rule can be bend or make a exception by using their Smash Wii U/3DS color as their Ultimate color. Just need to change the orange background to white and use the color on the cross or their name as their fighter color.

All the SSBU base roster fighter's color with the exception of Charizard have been found. There is still hope for :ultpyra: having a pink fighter color as it could be used for her amiibo.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Don't worry, Sakurai will care for us. He's gonna add Tora and Kino to remind us all that 'meh meh' is almost Shakespearian

Also, fun fact.
This poll lasted an entire week and ended a few days ago, I wonder if this was why some platformer stans decided to act opressed a few days ago cause the timing would have Euden be in a clear advantage. It's wild but it kinda adds up
I’m gonna say there’s a high chance that poll was raided by some Discord.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As someone who much preferred XCX to XC1 and never played XC2, And had Elma up there on his wanted list, Xenoblade's representation in Smash is.....well.....yeah...

View attachment 318495
To be fair, if you set favorites aside and look at the franchise as a whole, XC has been treated fairly well so far. Technically three characters, two stages, and about 27 tracks for a franchise consisting of basically three games.

It's highly unlikely we'll be able to get a character from every XC game going forward, just like we'll never get a character from every FE game or Pokémon Gen. Stinks that Gen 5 never got a character, but hey, I'd rather get a character from a Gen I don't like as much than be stuck with no character at all.

ZelDan

Smash Master
To be fair, if you set favorites aside and look at the franchise as a whole, XC has been treated fairly well so far. Technically three characters, two stages, and about 27 tracks for a franchise consisting of basically three games.

It's highly unlikely we'll be able to get a character from every XC game going forward, just like we'll never get a character from every FE game or Pokémon Gen. Stinks that Gen 5 never got a character, but hey, I'd rather get a character from a Gen I don't like as much than be stuck with no character at all.
Well, I never said that the Xenoblade franchise as a whole hasn't been treated fairly, it's looking quite good now ever since Pythra were released. My issue is that XCX specifally got the short end of the stick, in (and outside of) Smash.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'd consider a spread of content more important than quality when it comes to representation, honestly. Mother has about half as many tracks (14) but they're taken from all 3 games. Gen 5 might not have a fighter, but it has a stage, several Pokeball summons and 4 music tracks.

X has... 5 spirits and nothing else. Elma, Lin, Lao, Tatsu, and Formula.
XB2 has as many Legendary Spirits as X has spirits full stop; Pyra, Mythra, Pneuma, Rex (Master Driver) and Malos.

Even Wario Land has a single pity track. And that's sad.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pic of the Day:

Xenoblade released in Japan 11 years ago today!
Fiora was still done dirty… :c

I just hope I get someone I truly want at E3. I haven’t gotten anyone like that in Ultimate aside from Everyone Is Here

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to throw in my bingo card for Nintendo's E3 Direct : a version with images and one without (yes they don't have the same order but the bingo card website sucks lol)
Capture d’écran (91).png
Capture d’écran (93).png
Don't mind the smash reveal ones, I literally have no idea who we'll get at E3, so I just put Crash because everyone seems to think he's getting in next, and I put Reimu because it'd be hilarious if it happens (and I'd be happy too no cap :p)

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I just hope I get someone I truly want at E3. I haven’t gotten anyone like that in Ultimate aside from Everyone Is Here
Not even the Inklings? I thought you were a pretty big Splatoon fan. I'm a casual fan of the series and the Inkling reveal trailer had me hyped.
That's a series I'm 100% confident will see newcomers in every Smash for as long as it's popular.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Smash Ultimate has been somewhat mixed for me. I got the Belmonts and Sephiroth, who were both exciting additions to me. I did also get some wishes "half-granted." I did want DKC to get another rep and for 3H to get a rep, which both happened, though I was hoping more for Dixie Kong and Edelgard (or one of the other 2 house leaders even) respectively.

So on one hand I did get some characters that appeal to me. On the other though I haven't gotten a "most wanted" or a character I actually put any level of support towards, which is unfortunate.

But, there's still 2 spots left, so who knows I suppose. I won't stop hoping for atleast one MW or wanted character until the fat lady sings...or the skinny Japanese game developer in this case I guess.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not even the Inklings? I thought you were a pretty big Splatoon fan. I'm a casual fan of the series and the Inkling reveal trailer had me hyped.
That's a series I'm 100% confident will see newcomers in every Smash for as long as it's popular.
Well, they were more a given for Ultimate given the trophy and Mii in 4. I started actively wanting Octoling after beating the Octo Expansion and winning Final Fest with my Octoling

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well, they were more a given for Ultimate given the trophy and Mii in 4. I started actively wanting Octoling after beating the Octo Expansion and winning Final Fest with my Octoling
It is kinda funny or interesting how hopes or expectations can really impact how exciting or "hype" a character reveal can be.

Like, I played and enjoyed both Splatoon games, and would say I am a fan of the series. By all accounts I probably should have been excited, yet I really wasn't "excited." happy, sure, it was nice to see them, but in less a "OMG THEY'RE IN!" way and more a "Oh, there they are....cool..." way.

Like, with how blatantly obvious it was that Splatoon would get a character in the Switch's Smash, I never really had a chance to be in the "Oh crap I really really hope this character makes it in" phase as I basically already leapt straight to the "Yup. They're in" phase.

Technomage

Smash Champion
So 6, closer to 5 now, days until the big show, and even less if you're interested in the other companies.

Every day, the suspense is going to get worse and worse.
You got that right; after all, we have been getting more unpleasant and hostile conversations recently than in the past.

Are there platformer Kyle’s, Kenny’s and Cartman’s too?
Well, we do have a platformer Kenny in Smash (okay, it's actually just a platformer Ken). :4pacman:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
In terms of my top 10 most wanted at least, Crash is the likeliest and then there are some maybes. I'm still confident in Phoenix and I think he has enough presence and demand to be at E3. Nightmare and Agumon are darkhorses and have a solid chance in my eyes. Master Chief is also someone who I'm considering even though I don't believe in double dips. But all the rumors about Nintendo and Microsoft doing more collaborations raises my eyebrow. And finally Bill Rizer is feasible.

As for the others, well Doomguy is deconfirmed in my eyes, Danganronpa is still not on the Switch, Sony is still up in their *** so probably no Kratos, and Crypto I admit is a pipe dream.

Overall, Crash and Phoenix are the only ones who I would bet on for E3.

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
As far as Nintendo at E3 is concerned, 2 things I’m throwing out there:

- In terms of Smash, I’m in the camp that thinks we get 2 reveals. As for who we get, seeing as the Lloyd Mii costume is still MIA, one of them being a JRPG rep feels like a lay up. As for the other one, I wouldn’t be surprised if the last one was a JRPG rep as well, though I think that’s just my more cynical side talking after being underwhelmed by Pyra/Mythra.

- The rumored DK game not being revealed wouldn’t be a surprise either, if only because I envision a situation where Nintendo saves it for its own presentation next month, since July 9th marks the 40th anniversary and all that jazz.

I’d give more about what I think Nintendo will do, but I’ve only been up for a few minutes and don’t have the energy at the moment to think of anything else.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
I've been hearing that a few times, but I don't understand: Why is Doomslayer deconfirmed?

Marty Stratton, DOOM Eternal's executive producer, stated that they talked to Nintendo about Doomguy in Smash but it didn't "go anywhere serious."

Technomage

Smash Champion

Marty Stratton, DOOM Eternal's executive producer, stated that they talked to Nintendo about Doomguy in Smash but it didn't "go anywhere serious."
I see. That's too bad, since Doomslayer would have made a unique addition to the roster.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been hearing that a few times, but I don't understand: Why is Doomslayer deconfirmed?
Apparently, Nintendo and id Software "bantered" about bringing Doomguy to Smash, but as far as Marty Stratton (Doom Eternal's director) knows, the talks haven't gone anywhere. (though he doesn't know who talked to who, so it's not like he's directly involved in those discussions, and from what I've seen, they tend to not tell anyone outside of the people who specifically need to know, so it seems too early to act like he's completely ruled out)

EDIT: :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
There are a ton of characters I’d be hyped for but I’m not really expecting any of them. Most of my favorite characters are either side characters, villains, or from smaller games. I’m fully expecting to be mostly indifferent to the last two characters. I did get K. Rool, Ridley, Joker, and Sephiroth so I can’t really complain.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Well. This is the first time I had a Smash related dream but of course it went straight to weird territory.

I had a dream that of all characters, there was a double reveal of Ashley and Reimu on E3 and we had a "Sakurai presents Ashley" video later on. So far, so typical. Except the stream of it didn't have Sakurai but.... Jigsaw. Yes. John Kramer himself saying he did a sophisticated ploy to ruse the Smash fanbase to put them in their game which involves exploding Switches and cutting off limbs.

This is what happens when I look up E3 stuff while going on a horror binge, I guess.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well. This is the first time I had a Smash related dream but of course it went straight to weird territory.

I had a dream that of all characters, there was a double reveal of Ashley and Reimu on E3 and we had a "Sakurai presents Ashley" video later on. So far, so typical. Except the stream of it didn't have Sakurai but.... Jigsaw. Yes. John Kramer himself saying he did a sophisticated ploy to ruse the Smash fanbase to put them in their game which involves exploding Switches and cutting off limbs.

This is what happens when I look up E3 stuff while going on a horror binge, I guess.
That’s definitely a weird dream lol. Speaking of Jigsaw, I have no idea how he hasn’t made it into Mortal Kombat yet. He seems like the perfect fit.

Technomage

Smash Champion
That’s definitely a weird dream lol. Speaking of Jigsaw, I have no idea how he hasn’t made it into Mortal Kombat yet. He seems like the perfect fit.
Does your comment mean we can segue into a Mortal Kombat discussion? In that case, I'll start with this:

If a Mortal Kombat character were to enter the roster, I can guarantee you that Sakurai would do it justice better than NetherRealm Studios has been (there are a lot of people who are not pleased with the way NRS handles the characters, such as the character assassination of Sindel).

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Morning, SmashBoards

Just two thoughts I had:
1) So Steve's reveal was tied in to Minecraft Live 2020. Who knows, a Bamco character's Smash reveal could get tied in or referenced in the Bamco Show on the 15th.

2) Who's gonna watch Summer Games Fest? Curious to see what games we'll get and them speculate on Smash after it lol

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, maybe even moreso than Marty's interview, I feel the most damning piece of evidence against Doom Slayer (or Dragonborn, despite being my most wanted) is the Vault Boy costume. It just doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't have saved him for a Bethesda's character's respective wave if we were getting one.

New PapaGenos video.
My prediction is that the character(s) we'll get aren't even in this thumbnail.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Morning, SmashBoards

Just two thoughts I had:
1) So Steve's reveal was tied in to Minecraft Live 2020. Who knows, a Bamco character's Smash reveal could get tied in or referenced in the Bamco Show on the 15th.

2) Who's gonna watch Summer Games Fest? Curious to see what games we'll get and them speculate on Smash after it lol
Or, y’know… Project X Zone 3… let me dream
That'd be awesome. However, what character reveal would be most likely?
My brain says Dark Souls but my heart says KOS-MOS 🥺

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Does your comment mean we can segue into a Mortal Kombat discussion? In that case, I'll start with this:

If a Mortal Kombat character were to enter the roster, I can guarantee you that Sakurai would do it justice better than NetherRealm Studios has been (there are a lot of people who are not pleased with the way NRS handles the characters, such as the character assassination of Sindel).
Yeah I can agree with that. I have a feeling if a character made it into Smash, they would likely be based on the classic games. I think Sakurai would most likely use their Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 designs.

1623335810558.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom