• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Question:

If you had to have one character that wasn't a video game first who would you pick?

(Example: Geralt, Kuriboh)
Ignoring Nintendo-owned characters, Goku is my easy pick.

Not that I deny there's other neat characters too, but I'd easily take him~

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Jesus, its now only just two weeks away until the next reveal(s). Supposedly the final two. This has been such a ride.
Dawn of
The Final Fortnight
-336 Hours Remain-

I don't even know what a Combee is - or at least I didn't before googling it just now.
A bee pokemon that's not very popular. Like, not even the most popular BEE Pokemon. Or even the 2nd!

If you had to have one character that wasn't a video game first who would you pick?
Hope it never happens, but if I had to: Scrooge McDuck

The Smash Fanbase debating over 150+ possible characters for several months:
Except most of the Smash fanbase doesn't care about LoL. So you'd probably only have a handful of people bothering to debate about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do value knowledge and experience with new characters introduced. The load in which I carry as a random selector is pretty fun and stylish with various fighting games. This series is no different.

Perhaps this is the most lot of characters I've even came across for a fighting game and it's appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
IT IS FINALLY DONE. HUZZAH.

I made a graphic showing all the color predictions thus far for Fighter 10, 11 and a potential bonus one (if that ever happens of course.)

I also threw in a bonus... predicting how many letters/spaces the next fighter might have as well!

Because of how less reliable the model gets when you predict farther stuff, I'll try to update this graphic when Fighter 10 is revealed (well, provided a double reveal doesn't happen.)
Pink, huh? I present to you, Fish Waifu:

682279F0-F512-4778-984C-CF480DCCC1FF.jpeg

That bonus fighter’s color would be perfect for the Arbiter who would work very well as a bonus echo to Master Chief too. 👀

66F51089-31F0-4D41-8A27-D8F92E50CE9F.jpeg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What if they restricted it to Nintendo accounts that have spent a minimum amount of money on the eShop? It might not stop it, but Nintendo would be making bank on it at least, which doesn’t reeeeeally help us, but yeah…
Gatekeeping behind a paywall is real scummy when looked at the family friendly nature of Nintendo. You really want kids who don't share accounts cry to their parents that they can't put a vote until they spend another 60 bucks per account?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Question:

(Example: Geralt, Kuriboh)
Xavier Renegade Angel.

"Hoo boy! Order up, ol' Xavier's got another basket of pain fries on his plate and the emotional ketchup is a blubberin wail of tears!"

Pain Fries.png

He doesn't actually have a game. I just wanted an excuse to post this quote from one of it's weirder episodes.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Gatekeeping behind a paywall is real scummy when looked at the family friendly nature of Nintendo. You really want kids who don't share accounts cry to their parents that they can't put a vote until they spend another 60 bucks per account?
Oh, I forgot about shared accounts. These kinds of things are inevitably going to have trade offs, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You can have Nintendo owned ones!

... do Nintendo own MechaMewtwo from the musical stage play? (I assume that is where you were going.)
Not sure.

I more meant that for ones like Captain N, anyway. I didn't even know Mecha Mewtwo exists. Besides, Nintendo only co-owns Pokemon, so it wasn't on my mind. Armored Mewtwo is also an anime exclusive(as is Ash-Greninja, and that was even used in Smash).

But I was going more for characters that actually aren't essentially tied to a game franchise in the same way, heh. Many relate to a game franchise, but debuted outside of it(R.O.B. to a degree, and Lucario, for two playable examples).

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not sure.

I more meant that for ones like Captain N, anyway. I didn't even know Mecha Mewtwo exists. Besides, Nintendo only co-owns Pokemon, so it wasn't on my mind. Armored Mewtwo is also an anime exclusive(as is Ash-Greninja, and that was even used in Smash).
Ash-Greninja started in the anime, but was released for Sun & Moon, so no, Ash-Greninja is not anime-exclusive.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ash-Greninja started in the anime, but was released for Sun & Moon, so no, Ash-Greninja is not anime-exclusive.
I said that oddly. It was designed for the anime in the first place, and was thrown in as a bonus for the games at some point. But it's just like Mewtwo's Armor. Meant for the non-games in itself.

It just clearly became so damn popular they made it available for game use later on. It's cool an anime thing make it into Smash(again), though. Unlike previous Pokemon stuff, the most we had was an anime design(Misty's Trophy) and a lot of references(Goldeen, Pikachu's fighting style/animations, etc.) but nothing originally exclusive to it.

I really wish Mewtwo's Armor would be used as a costume, but when Pokemon is owned by 3 companies, how they specifically represent them was always an annoyance. >.<;

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I really don't think we would get green again for the 3rd time in Volume 2. Let alone the 5th time overall in this DLC cycle.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice

I made a graphic showing all the color predictions thus far for Fighter 10, 11 and a potential bonus one (if that ever happens of course.)

I also threw in a bonus... predicting how many letters/spaces the next fighter might have as well!

Because of how less reliable the model gets when you predict farther stuff, I'll try to update this graphic when Fighter 10 is revealed (well, provided a double reveal doesn't happen.)
Lol, even though this probably isn't going to work out, it is still interesting to discuss. Also, if we consider the possibility of CP10's color being darker shade closer to red, then Estelle, Rean and Adol could all fit in with this. If you added on their last names, anyways. XD

Also, I remember someone pointing this out in Sakurai's presentation video for Pyra/Mythra a way back:

MythraGreen.png
PyraPink.png

I thought it was interesting, since the background in Pyra's image is pinkish. >_>

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway guess who’s back to the Octo bab? uwu

I’m just really confident Octoling will be one of the last dlc somehow

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Say Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto , I wasn't aware you were behind the prediction calculations :4pacman:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lol, even though this probably isn't going to work out, it is still interesting to discuss. Also, if we consider the possibility of CP10's color being darker shade closer to red, then Estelle, Rean and Adol could all fit in with this. If you added on their last names, anyways. XD

Also, I remember someone pointing this out in Sakurai's presentation video for Pyra/Mythra a way back:

View attachment 317024View attachment 317025

I thought it was interesting, since the background in Pyra's image is pinkish. >_>
So would that mean the colours prediction for FP10 and 11 should be the green and Yellow-beige instead?

SKX31

Smash Master
What if they restricted it to Nintendo accounts that have spent a minimum amount of money on the eShop? It might not stop it, but Nintendo would be making bank on it at least, which doesn’t reeeeeally help us, but yeah…
Besides what Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen said: that would in turn lead to a lot of account buying / selling. To go back to my previous post:

There's a whole cottage industry dedicated to selling / buying accounts for a price (incl. Nintendo Switch accounts). And all of this is in the open and easily google-able. Now, said account sellers would in this scenario have a lot of incentive to create new Nintendo accounts, buy tons of **** on the eShop, and sell the resulting accounts to people who want certain games. Perhaps even at a discount because this grey / black market sellers might have other revenue streams.

And if the kids Gwen mentioned wind up seeing "NINTENDO SWITCH ACCOUNT FILLED WITH 10 GAMES, $40 + SMASH BROS BALLOT VOTE" of course a lot of those kids might be tempted to go for that. Hell, there may be a few of those kids who might wind up googling those kinds of account sellers.

That's exactly the kind of unintentional consequences Nintendo would want to avoid at all costs. While they'd profit, they also give more grey / black market people free reign.

... do Nintendo own MechaMewtwo from the musical stage play? (I assume that is where you were going.)
stage play
TIL, lets see if it's-

Oh my god, it's so gaudy that it's glorious. The fact that it isn't an alt skin for Mewtwo already is a crime.

(For real, I have no clue either. Depends entirely on how the licensing between TPC, 4Kids and the stage production crew wound up.)

Last edited:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
It's just occurred to me that most people will probably stop posting on this thread within the next month, since after the final dlc characters are revealed, assuming that's the end, there will be nothing left to speculate about. I guess there's the movesets, but that would probably happen on character-specific threads. That makes me weirdly sad, especially considering that I didn't actually get an account until last year, and post really infrequently. I guess it's because speculation's been a part of my life since early 2018, and it's all about to come to a sudden stop, until the next game (assuming there is one). This really shouldn't make me sad, but its genuinely been fun seeing what other people think, talking to my friends about it and speculating in my own time.

Anyway:
smash X smt image v2.png
Run from it, hide from it, it's happening... hopefully.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

View attachment 317024View attachment 317025

Oh yeah. I've seen those before! I chose to omit that as I'm trying to stay true to the website as much as possible.

Twilord

Smash Ace
TIL, lets see if it's-

Oh my god, it's so gaudy that it's glorious. The fact that it isn't an alt skin for Mewtwo already is a crime.

(For real, I have no clue either. Depends entirely on how the licensing between TPC, 4Kids and the stage production crew wound up.)
Fun fact; Digimon also has a stage play but it didn't get a Western Version so you'd have to watch it with sub-titles.

The Mon Genre is weird.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
It's just occurred to me that most people will probably stop posting on this thread within the next month, since after the final dlc characters are revealed, assuming that's the end, there will be nothing left to speculate about. I guess there's the movesets, but that would probably happen on character-specific threads. That makes me weirdly sad, especially considering that I didn't actually get an account until last year, and post really infrequently. I guess it's because speculation's been a part of my life since early 2018, and it's all about to come to a sudden stop, until the next game (assuming there is one). This really shouldn't make me sad, but its genuinely been fun seeing what other people think, talking to my friends about it and speculating in my own time.

Anyway:
View attachment 317028Run from it, hide from it, it's happening... hopefully.
We could always start speculating about the next game eh?

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
So would that mean the colours prediction for FP10 and 11 should be the green and Yellow-beige instead?
At the very least, if CP10 actually has a green background color on the site, then epicmartin's calculations would still be correct. In a weird way. XD

Oh yeah. I've seen those before! I chose to omit that as I'm trying to stay true to the website as much as possible.
Fair enough. I look forward to the end result regardless. =)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If a ballot does get announced, I imagine some threads will still be active for the sole sake of campaigning for anyone that wasn’t the last two

the Shantae thread will probably be permanently at the top with how crazy active it is

SNEKeater

Smash Master
After seeing others do the 9 character list I couldn't help myself. Now I'm feeling these names:

1. Dante
2. Sol Badguy
3. Kazuma Kiryu
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Leon S. Kennedy
6. Neku Sakuraba
7. Estelle Bright
8. Zero
9. Alucard

Yeah. I like Capcom. How did you know?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I will push for Elma being a front runner of the hypothetical new ballot. Especially if X DE is announced by then

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
After seeing others do the 9 character list I couldn't help myself. Now I'm feeling these names:

1. Dante
2. Sol Badguy
3. Kazuma Kiryu
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Leon S. Kennedy
6. Neku Sakuraba
7. Estelle Bright
8. Zero
9. Alucard

Yeah. I like Capcom. How did you know?
1.Elma
2.Porky