• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Um guys...
Just a super fun idea

What if this bonus fighter isn't a fighter but a stage?

and it's a Just Dance stage?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I was thinking of adding Everyone is Here Again to my list but since it’s a concept...

eh, I may yeet Violet for that instead. I’m sure she’s planned anyway cuz of the Jane thing
Eh, I just don't think a new game is worth it without everyone is here. There is a lot they could to top it but I don't think they will.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
My 9 votes(assuming they don't get into Ultimate):
  1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
  2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
  3. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
  4. Kunio/Riki [River City]
  5. SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
  6. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
  7. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
  8. Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
  9. Nightmare [Soul Calibur]
Given how much Smash Speculation has changed since 2015, I think another ballot could work if the proper rules were put in place:
  1. Make it clear that the results will not impact Smash Bros. Ultimate but future Smash Bros. games, the results will not be made public, and success on the ballot does not automatically mean a character will be included.
  2. Limit access to the ballot to those who actually own Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to prevent botting (Plus, I don't think it's that unreasonable that you need to actually play Smash to vote on who's in it)
  3. Grant 9 votes per person to discourage strategic voting.
I agree with those. Although I think 9 votes is a bit...much, and also arbitrary...
But definitely agree with #2. And #1 should be a given.

How would the 9 votes work? Tracking by IP or MAC address? Cause using different devices is hard to prevent
Having the voting happen as an in-game event and have your votes be linked to your copy of Ultimate.

Last edited:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
I'll give my nine votes.

1. Waluigi (Mario)
2. Kiryu (Yakuza)
3. Dante (DMC)
4. Gilgamesh / Tomyris (Civilization)
5. Spyro (Skylanders :4pacman:)
6. Chell (Portal)
7. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
8. Rico Rodriguez (Just Cause)
9. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales) (would actually unironically and legitimately never happen but whatever, i love the Duck universe)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Eh, I just don't think a new game is worth it without everyone is here. There is a lot they could to top it but I don't think they will.
100% agreed

in fact, I know some people think you can’t have both everyone is here AND more newcomers at the same time

I say you can, post Ultimate at least. There were less newbies this time cuz most work went to bringing back the missing Melee and Brawl vets. But if you build off ultimate everyone’s already there, just make some tweaks to whomever’s there as necessary :drshrug:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
9 votes in an hypotehtical new Smash ballot? Alright.
  1. Reimu Hakurei
  2. Demi-Fiend
  3. Sora
  4. Phoenix Wright
  5. Rayman
  6. Midna
  7. Marx
  8. Dante
  9. Akira Howard
2B and then Sol Badguy would become part of them if any of the above manages to get in as part of the final 2, unless one of them is Reimu, then she's replaced by Sakuya Izayoi.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Given how much Smash Speculation has changed since 2015, I think another ballot could work if the proper rules were put in place:
  1. Make it clear that the results will not impact Smash Bros. Ultimate but future Smash Bros. games, the results will not be made public, and success on the ballot does not automatically mean a character will be included.
  2. Limit access to the ballot to those who actually own Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to prevent botting (Plus, I don't think it's that unreasonable that you need to actually play Smash to vote on who's in it)
My votes:

1. Elma
2. Fiora
3. Officer Howard
4. Lora (possibly with Jin and Haze)
5. Shantae
6. Master Chief
7. Doom Slayer
8. Octoling
9. Krystal

honorable mentions: Rayman and Lloyd Irving

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
100% agreed

in fact, I know some people think you can’t have both everyone is here AND more newcomers at the same time

I say you can, post Ultimate at least. There were less newbies this time cuz most work went to bringing back the missing Melee and Brawl vets. But if you build off ultimate everyone’s already there, just make some tweaks to whomever’s there as necessary :drshrug:
Honestly, the only issue is licensing it all over again. Otherwise, programming is way easier in comparison.

I'd love to see an upgrade/everyone back again too. I doubt it, but it's hardly impossible. Now the real question is if they have to take way longer than normal due to having such an immense roster thanks to DLC or not. Cause even with using the original game as a base, you still need to do a lot of balance testing, have to work with a new console in many cases, have to look at new ideas and implement them carefully(I.E. Final Smashes), and so on.

It's still quite a task. Especially when most of the games were built off of the previous one(and they still can take a very long time to come out. Only 64 and Melee released fairly fast). I don't remember if Melee was built off of 64, or if Brawl was built off of Melee, but I know 4 used Brawl, and Ultimate used 4 as a base.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
My votes:

1. Elma
2. Fiora
3. Officer Howard
4. Lora (possibly with Jin and Haze)
5. Shantae
6. Master Chief
7. Doom Slayer
8. Octoling
9. Krystal

honorable mentions: Rayman and Lloyd Irving

Much as a I want a Digimon; I'll take your nine because the top four are among my dreams for a future game.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, the only issue is licensing it all over again. Otherwise, programming is way easier in comparison.

I'd love to see an upgrade/everyone back again too. I doubt it, but it's hardly impossible. Now the real question is if they have to take way longer than normal due to having such an immense roster thanks to DLC or not. Cause even with using the original game as a base, you still need to do a lot of balance testing, have to work with a new console in many cases, have to look at new ideas and implement them carefully(I.E. Final Smashes), and so on.

It's still quite a task. Especially when most of the games were built off of the previous one(and they still can take a very long time to come out. Only 64 and Melee released fairly fast). I don't remember if Melee was built off of 64, or if Brawl was built off of Melee, but I know 4 used Brawl, and Ultimate used 4 as a base.
One thing I’ve suggested is multiple games in the contract for licensing the characters

but overall as long as the third party politics remain good and there’s no bad blood all of a sudden, the third parties should be safe at least

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Chorus Kids
2. Arle (& Carbuncle)
3. Morrigan
4. Chun-Li
5. Barista (Rhythm Heaven)
6. Karate Joe
7. Travis Touchdown
8. Lip
9. Master Chief

Maybe something like that... gotta cover some of my bases across multiple characters so Nintendo knows what I want (Rhythm Heaven, puzzle games, Capcom fighting game characters, etc). And Master Chief is my one vote that would actually stand a chance of coming anywhere close to winning lmao.

"Discourage strategic voting" he said, hehehe...

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
For an RE Rep, I’d love to have Nemesis. Hes got all the great makings of a fighter, and represents the horror of RE better than a Protagonist like Jill or Leon. The only real problem is that hes a one off character. At least hes in DBD though
a spinoff like DBD should count imo, but at the same time i don't think one-off ought to be an issue. if the character is iconic and well-liked then that should be enough (of course i'm a zelda fan with no interest in Impa, so i'm saying this as much to reassure myself as it is for you). as an outsider looking in on RE, a huge gross monster would definitely feel like a better choice than some boring, relatively grounded cop

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
My votes:
1. Quote
2. Neku Sakuraba
3. Papyrus
4. Heavy
5. Bandana Waddle Dee
6. Cadence
7. Reimu
8. The Knight
9. Geno

Runner-ups (in case any from my top 9 are the last of Ultimate):
Octoling
Madeline

Last edited:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Here are my nine ballot votes (assuming none are the final 2 characters)

1. Krystal
2. Shantae
3. Waluigi
4. Isaac
5. Gemini Sunrise-Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
6. Geno
7. Lloyd Irving
8. Amaterasu
9. Takamaru

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One thing I’ve suggested is multiple games in the contract for licensing the characters

but overall as long as the third party politics remain good and there’s no bad blood all of a sudden, the third parties should be safe at least
Yeah. Overall, that only works if Sakurai knows another game is coming and has some details to give the IP holders. They trust him cause he has a good track record, but an unknown game he can't really get a licensing for anyway. It just causes issues if it gets cancelled.

If you look at 4 to Ultimate, there's no way a lot of stuff was licensed for both games. The Mii Costumes clearly were not 3rd party-wise, outside of maybe some of the way later ones, when Ultimate's development concepts started. There's the rumor Cloud was licensed for both, which timing-wise is not impossible, but it's clear that even if some costumes were okayed for base, that changed down the line anyway.

For instance, Ryu is way too early, so he'd obviously have to have been re-licensed. Right now, we're under the impression Fighter's Pass 2 was licensed around 2 years ago. That means it's unlikely any of them were licensed for an all new game that wasn't decided upon yet, even some small ideas. Thus, re-licensing it all would happen. It's possible some stuff was licensed far later as is, including some Mii Costumes, so they might be able to license them for two games. But for the most part, the content wouldn't have been licensed beyond Ultimate. You can't actually say "future games" as is. That's fine for 1st party stuff, since Nintendo is the one who hired him to make the game. That's a bit different. And even what the point behind the Ballot was, but anything third party is a lot more complicated. I could see Bayonetta and Pac-Man falling under that, due to Nintendo publishing Bayonetta and Bandai-Namco being a co-developer for Smash(you could also throw Sonic in there, maybe, but being he almost didn't make it in Brawl, and there's rumors he had issues coming back during 4, wellllll... no), but who knows if other ones are even possible. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Other ones maybe I could see could be Steve/Alex due to Nintendo and Microsoft being very buddy buddy about Minecraft, possibly Banjo since Phil Spencer really has an appreciation for the character, but beyond that, I'm doubtful. Considering the sparsity of FFVII content, SE I'd say isn't that open to the idea.

...I probably used a wrong negative somewhere. >.<;

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
what if they fully reveal 10 but TEASE 11?
I can see this happening, getting a full trailer for one character and then a teaser at the end sorta like Joker or Terry's initial reveal.

This way they take full advantage of the big E3 stage while not just killing the hype altogether and still giving people something to look forward to in the following months. Honestly this might be what I'm expecting to happen.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Alright, I don’t think anyone here is going to agree with my picks because I’m just going with my personal favorite characters and not worrying about whether they are deserving.

1. Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
2. Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
3. Magus (Chrono Trigger)
4. Illidan Stormrage (Warcraft)
5. Gengar (Pokémon)
6. Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
7. Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
8. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean (Contra)
9. Sarah Kerrigan (Starcraft)

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I can see this happening, getting a full trailer for one character and then a teaser at the end sorta like Joker or Terry's initial reveal.

This way they take full advantage of the big E3 stage while not just killing the hype altogether and still giving people something to look forward to in the following months. Honestly this might be what I'm expecting to happen.
I kinda see this happening especially if they do a Final Presentation announcement at E3 like they did for 4 after Cloud’s reveal

inb4 one last guessing game
I think y'all misunderstood what I meant by "tease" haha, my fault.

I meant like a slight hint.

Like if 11 is Hayabusa, it'll be like "Thanks for watching! We hope you enj-" ninja sword slash on screen, screen turns to smash invite on the floor and it says "August 2021". and that sword slash is the one hint. haha

Louie G.

Smash Hero
inb4 one last guessing game
Funny enough this would be the most surefire way to kill hype, just slowly and quietly like the ARMS guessing game did rather than pulling off the bandaid and ending things formally at E3.

Like if 11 is Hayabusa, it'll be like "Thanks for watching! We hope you enj-" ninja sword slash on screen, screen turns to smash invite on the floor and it says "August 2021". and that sword slash is the one hint. haha
Ah okay, honestly I wouldn't really like that for the same reason I mentioned above. The discussions would become really repetitive and most people would already have locked in who they believe it'll be within the first week or so. I guessed Min Min from the moment we knew we were getting an ARMS character, waited three months and ended up being right... to my pleasure because I like Min Min, but the impact was so much less than it would have been had they just shown Min Min without any additional buildup.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
But no seriously I can see it

“The final fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate... is from League of Legends! Find out who it is at Smash Ultimate’s Final Video Presentation this August!”

I WILL GRAB ME SOME POPCORN BOI.
Inb4 Tyler1 uploads his reaction to this hypothetical Smash trailer; aye?

biggest name YouTuber Smash reaction I've ever seen is JackSepticEye's reaction to Sephiroth haha

SharkLord

Smash Hero
We're doing lists, eh?
  1. Reimu Hakurei
  2. Adol Christin
  3. Bandana Waddle Dee
  4. Klonoa
  5. Amiya (Specifically the Chungus)
  6. A Welsh Corgi Pembroke
  7. Ultraman Z Delta Rise Claw with the Beliarok
  8. The voles that have been digging holes in the front yard lately (Probably a team fighter)
  9. A bed (It represents how tired these "FUN FORUM GAME" lists are)
As a bonus, I'll also add a physical manifestation of how my sanity had absolutely decayed during my time on the boards

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
9 votes, huh? Alright.

1. Rayman
2. Doom Slayer
3. Sol Badguy
4. Bandana Dee
5. Shantae
6. Officer Howard
7. Nightmare
8. Bomberman
9. Klonoa

Klonoa is my big pipedream pick so I figured I'd throw him a bone. Looking at this list, not a ton has really changed for me since the Smash 4 ballot days lmao.

Honorable mentions go to Ryu Hayabusa, Arle Nadja, Amaterasu, Spyro... and honestly a couple of others because ****, there's just too many good choices out there.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
But no seriously I can see it

“The final fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate... is from League of Legends! Find out who it is at Smash Ultimate’s Final Video Presentation this August!”

I WILL GRAB ME SOME POPCORN BOI.
The Smash Fanbase debating over 150+ possible characters for several months:

anarchy total anarchy - Buzz and Woody (Toy Story) Meme | Make a Meme

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
IT IS FINALLY DONE. HUZZAH.

I made a graphic showing all the color predictions thus far for Fighter 10, 11 and a potential bonus one (if that ever happens of course.)

I also threw in a bonus... predicting how many letters/spaces the next fighter might have as well!

Because of how less reliable the model gets when you predict farther stuff, I'll try to update this graphic when Fighter 10 is revealed (well, provided a double reveal doesn't happen.)
OK, maybe that pink doesn't work for frisk...
Grovyle | Fantendo - Game Ideas & More | Fandom
1622311694070.png

but it does work for my other most wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom