• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I've been eyeing Tencent for a while (since I get the impression that both Nintendo and Tencent are looking at the long haul with their cooperation). The timeline so far's been:

• 2017: Tencent publishes Arena of Valor on the Switch. Earliest possible point I can think of that the two start to talk with each other. Tencent had high hopes for AoV on the Switch, which of course didn't pan out. But evidently that wasn't the end.
  • November 2018: The Switch trademark first surfaces in China's trademark office.
  • April 2019: Tencent and Nintendo confirm that Tencent will distribute the Switch officially in mainland China.
  • June / July 2019: Tencent lists jobs for a game they're working on with TPC - which one year later turns out to be Pokemon Unite.
  • December 2019: The Chinese Switch is released (with a short presentation that highlights the studios involved) - it starts off really slowly because NSMBU was the only approved and released title for 3 months, but the Chinese Switch got going once RFA and other games started getting approved, with 1 million sold by Jaunary 2021. The Chinese Switch is still hampered by the fact that BotW and many other games are not yet approved - so a lot of people turn to imported Switches and imported copies of games instead.

So yeah, the timeline's kinda tight but feasible honestly.
You forgot that Tencent allowed Nintendo to add Terry to Smash, and for a cheap price.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does anyone think one of the last two fighters will have a trailer involving around Dharkon being destroyed like Sephiroth did with Galeem?

Demi-Fiend definitely would come to mind. As would Sora, either that or Sora's trailer being a continuation to Sephiroth's coming in to team up with Cloud.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Does anyone think one of the last two fighters will have a trailer involving around Dharkon being destroyed like Sephiroth did with Galeem?

Demi-Fiend definitely would come to mind. As would Sora, either that or Sora's trailer being a continuation to Sephiroth's coming in to team up with Cloud.
Didn't Hero's trailer already feature a fight against Dharkon's forces? Sure, Dharkon wasn't killed, but still...

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

I can see it, and there are definitely a couple characters that could fit well in that scenario: Demi-Fiend, Amaterasu, Sora, Dante, Doomguy, etc

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

We had a Dharkon focused trailer already; Hero (even though Dharkon wasn’t destroyed but it still counts IMO)

we need one focused on stopping both

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I don't think we'll see Dharkon again, after all he was already in Hero's trailer.
Interesting how both Dharkon and Galeem appeared in the Square-Enix trailers. Nice coincidence.
If Dharkon had to be destroyed, I would bet on Giygas showing Dharkon what true darkness is.

Pillow

Smash Lord

Technomage

Smash Champion
Dr. Eggman (tries to control both, but fails; maybe Eggy's trailer could also involve the other DLC fighter, who would be able to stop both gods?)
Continuing on my Eggman idea, what character would be a great pick for killing both gods (especially while also fixing Eggy's screwup)?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright everyone let’s keep it civil. Attacking others over their dreams is not cool.

Who do you think would fit this criteria?
Rie already mentioned Reimu but maybe... Otto Matic? He has taken down a Giant Brain before so taking down Galeem and Dharkon would be nothing new.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Are characters like Demifiend and Chosen Undead really that "slept on" either? I've seen plenty of people bring up the prospects of a Souls or SMT rep.
Not as much as they once were, for sure. However, I'm still surprised that a series which has sold ~30 million copies gets so little Smash support.

The Dark Souls support thread on this site has 2 pages, and the one I made on Gamefaqs had 10 posts before being archived.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If only there was an RPG that just got re-released and has a choice system of sorts...

Choose what colour you want the explosion to be :4pacman:

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't really think Lloyd is "slept on" when it comes to Smash speculation. He's been like one of the most frequently discussed characters since Brawl.
But to be honest, in the past 5-6? months, most of the times he's only mentioned to say that he's going to return as a Mii Costume. Which I understand because so far all the other costumes have returned, but I'd definitely say that at this point he would be a surprise if he gets in, especially at E3. Most people assume Tales/Lloyd are going to get the same treatment as other costumes.

I also feel that Tales has lost some momentum in speculation, at least in Twitter or other places. So I definitely believe Lloyd, or any Tales representative, would caught off guard a lot of people.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Also, another idea I have for crushing both WoL villains: Monika from Doki Doki Panic Literature Club (for those who are experts in Doki Doki lore, you'll know why).

Last edited:

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
You are the same group of people who think Demi Fiend is a lock because the remaster so this outcome doesn't surprise me

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also, another idea I have for crushing both WoL villains: Monika from Doki Doki Panic (for those who are experts in Doki Doki lore, you'll know why).
For a second I thought you meant Doki Doki Literature Club Monika

which I’d also be cool with, she’d deadass DELETE Galeem and Dharkon from existence. Literally

You are the same group of people who think Demi Fiend is a lock because the remaster so this outcome doesn't surprise me
Dude. Drop it.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
With the Diablo and Dark Souls Amiibo thing I was talking about on SmashFAQS, I never meant "wow, this is a hint! They're setting up for future fighters!".

My point is that the Amiibo could show where Bandai Namco and Blizzard's priorities are when it comes to the Switch, and making compatible spirits could help boost their sales. I do think it's weird that neither have gotten representation, especially Dark Souls, since it was probably very possible.

Technomage

Smash Champion
For a second I thought you meant Doki Doki Literature Club Monika

which I’d also be cool with, she’d deadass DELETE Galeem and Dharkon from existence. Literally
Oops, I got both games mixed up; fixed it already, though.

She'd also make a great final antagonist for Smash Ultimate, since she could also crush the likes of Sephiroth, Ganondorf, Porky Minch, Palutena, Bayonetta, and Master Tower without lifting a single finger.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
But to be honest, in the past 5-6? months, most of the times he's only mentioned to say that he's going to return as a Mii Costume. Which I understand because so far all the other costumes have returned, but I'd definitely say that at this point he would be a surprise if he gets in, especially at E3. Most people assume Tales/Lloyd are going to get the same treatment as other costumes.

I also feel that Tales has lost some momentum in speculation, at least in Twitter or other places. So I definitely believe Lloyd, or any Tales representative, would caught off guard a lot of people.
Yeah, I like Tales but 3 JRPG swordies in a row would be a bit...tiresome. I still think a Namco rep last is pretty likely bringing the costume with them though.

True

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman

Ok yeah, I can agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom