• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
1) Meowth (quite ridiculous he isn't in already. Though NOW they can add the regional variants as alts)

2) Feraligatr (used to be my favorite starter before Inteleon came along)

3) Blaziken (Come on, man... the guy was MADE for fighting games)

4) Croagunk (he is adorable and you know it. Despite how terrified everyone else is of him. Plus he'd be a Poison Pokemon in Smash)

5) Zoroark (I quite love it, it's like "edgelord Lucario" and it's amazing for that. I love the wild Raditz hair... heh... Zoroark as the Raditz to Lucario's Goku)

6) Trevenant (Somehow it'll work. Terrifying Forest Curse type thing. Ghost and Grass moves all at once)

7) Buzzwole (ULTRA BEAST REPRESENT. Represent with the BEST Ultra Beast)

8) Inteleon (my new favorite Starter)
Meowth and Zoroark are already Pokeball Summons. Though it occurs to me you may have misinterpreted the OG post as characters you’d want playable, not as Pokeball summons.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Meowth and Zoroark are already Pokeball Summons. Though it occurs to me you may have misinterpreted the OG post as characters you’d want playable, not as Pokeball summons.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP

I absolutely did misread the og post... I swear I know how to read, I promise. Please don't send me to jail

Technomage

Smash Champion
We live in a society...

And I fear, gentlemen, that there actually might be wom*n among us.

Are there people who actually think like that
Yes there are; we do live in an idiocracy after all, meaning there's no low people can't stoop to.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
As much as I like Soma, a third Castlevania rep that isn't Alucard just wouldn't make any sense to me.
Yeah, to be honest I don't see another option. Unless they decide to add another Belmont as an echo fighter, but with some unique moves to justify the inclusion.

I always shill for Alucard but Julius Belmont is actually my favorite Castlevania character, but he's not gonna make it unless what I said above happens. He has some unique cool stuff but I doubt Sakurai would even plan to give him a fully unique moveset.

Alucard is great, but Soma and Shanoa are great as well. Though Alucard definitely makes more sense, he's probably the most popular character within the series, and with people not that familiar with Castlevania he's definitely the most well known one, I'd dare to say. Mostly thanks to Symphony of the Night's popularity and the Netflix show.

It also helps he is the recurrent character in Castlevania with most appearances, excluding Dracula and Death, of course, which is kinda ironic considering he isn't a Belmont. He also was considered as our Castlevania rep at one point, according to Sakurai, which obviously means they would probably go back to him if they even have the chance to add another fighter, and his assist trophy model would mean a bit less of work for them.

Another cool option I feel people barely considers is Jonathan and Charlotte, though I guess they would kinda share their gimmick with Pyra and Mythra. In Portrait of Ruin you can control one of them, with the other one following you and attacking enemies, similar to the Ice Climbers, but you can also just with one of them if you want, and switch between them anytime. So that's a difference in comparison to Pyra and Mytrha.

Jonathan and Charlotte also could have some of their dual attacks from PoR, which are very cool. One of their dual attacks is them just summoning the "spirits", I guess, of 5 Belmonts, including Richter and Simon.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Probably true, which implies it's very unlikely we'll get a 3rd Castlevania character this game.
The real issue is that there's just too much Castlevania content already in the game for a challenger pack.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
In that case, you're free to try again. :)
OK... I try this AGAIN. 1 Pokey Man from each generation as a POKEBALL SUMMON.

1) Rapidash (with Galarian variant as well. Use Extreme Speed to zip across the ground at fighter-launching speeds)

2) Octillery (Octazooka in all its glory)

3) Slaking (Extremely ominous. He first just lazes around not doing much, then he just BURSTS OUT AND THROWS A FOCUS PUNCH OUT OF NOWHERE before plopping back down)

4) Rotom (various forms doing various things. Mow Rotom mowing the lawn and cutting up fighters upon collision, Fan Rotom blowing people away, etc)

5) Swadloon (sits there looking all emo scooching around and then flinging out a Razor Leaf barrage)

6) Aurorus (Rears up on its hind legs all amazing-like, smashing back down crushing anyone caught underneath and then firing an Aurora Beam)

7) Primarina (does a little seal flip trick and sings a Sparkling Aria, sending bubbles all over)

8) Carkoal (rides around like a little minecart and chucks little molten rocks everywhere as he goes about his way running people over)

Ivander

Smash Legend
I really hope they bring another character from the castlevania series, or even Miriam from Bloodstained.

Soma or Shanoa would be great additions.
Alucard would absolutely be the 3rd Castlevania rep. No questions. Alucard was the other Castlevania character Sakurai thought of when adding a Castlevania rep. So Alucard would no doubt be the next Castlevania character after Simon and Richter.

Soma and Shanoa would compete for being the 4th character though, as they are easily the most popular non-Belmont Castlevania characters after Alucard.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So

26 days until E3 starts.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CP10 will NOT release the same day as they're revealed, which, honestly isn't even that crazy of a guess. They'll come a week or 2 later in a Sakurai Presents.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
So whose looking forward to Calendar Theory being destroyed tomorrow? Yet again another pattern broke.
I think it's likely, since Ninty's no longer working on three fighters, meaning that more work would be done for both final fighters and possibly an earlier release and double reveal at E3.

With that said, I do hope Calendar theory gets debunked, since that'd mean less waiting.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Felt like I was on GameFAQs for a second there lol.
Lol, yeah I’ve been posting on both sites for years and I definitely agree with you there. I like this place better because most people here are a lot more respectful and mature, which is ironic because I think the average GameFAQs user is probably older. I can’t even tell you how many people I have on ignore over there for this kind of thing.

Pillow

Smash Lord
The real issue is that there's just too much Castlevania content already in the game for a challenger pack.
Honestly, I'm not sure I agree with this - not just for Castlevania but for pretty much any franchise. There is no game with content in Smash that is so thorough that it'd be impossible to pull more stages/music/spirits/whatever.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Which deconfirmation left you the most upset?

I’d say Fiora. Voted for her on the ballot. Got Chrom’d literally day one, so I went for my backup, Elma... but now it looks like she won’t make it either! 🙃

don’t mind me I’m just in my Deconfirmation Depression again...they’ll both get their chance another day...

hell, maybe Neku will get his chance another day too... I also voted for him 😭
Base game? Isaac, Lycanroc Dusk, and Ashley. Lycanroc I wished was the gen 7 rep, and the other two honestly seemed like easy choices for the roster and I was sad to see them miss their shot.

DLC? In terms of hard deconfirmations Travis. I was hoping this , TSA, and NMH3 would basically lead to him being fully adopted by Nintendo, but hey a Mii is better than nothing.

Shroob

Sup?

Crash's voice actor responded to this one tweet.

Obviously Crash is confirmed for Smash now. :4pacman:
If they're only working on it now, it'd be a bit late for it to be a Smash trailer tbh.

Granted, idk how this stuff works, but it feels like that'd be cutting it hella close.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly, I'm not sure I agree with this - not just for Castlevania but for pretty much any franchise. There is no game with content in Smash that is so thorough that it'd be impossible to pull more stages/music/spirits/whatever.
Perhaps, but I think they prefer filling out some sort of gap-FE3H having absolutely nothing, ARMS not having a fighter, stage, or music, FFVII not having any spirit battles or more than two songs, XC2 not having a fighter or stage, that sort of thing.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
If they're only working on it now, it'd be a bit late for it to be a Smash trailer tbh.

Granted, idk how this stuff works, but it feels like that'd be cutting it hella close.
Wasn't Jokers Gameawards trailer super last minute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom