• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Let's shoddily guess Rex & Pyra's, or should I say, not Rex but Pyra and Mythra's Mii Costumes!
  1. Rex himself is available for standalone purchase now.
  2. Elma from Xenoblade X
  3. Lora from Torna
  4. Lloyd Irving goes to the grave.
  5. KOS-MOS goes to the grave.
  6. Another killed off third party. Not one too many people expected, but one that was certainly present.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
All I hope for over this is that the characters who were in the fake leaks still get some support and not being made into a punching bag. I know Reimu and KOS-MOS are unlikely but I saw some people who are using Pyra & Mythra on like Twitter as an excuse to mock and make fun of people who wanted them.

But in all seriousness...

I have mixed feelings on XB2 but I like Pyra & Mythra. I don't care for Rex so admittedly I am glad he's sidelined. I wasn't expecting to see the Blades solo without Rex but I ain't complaining.

I want to see how they play though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On one hand, this is genius because it uses basically a Rex moveset, without the Rex.

One the other, it still means I was totally right that Rex couldn't make it in. :214:

Either way I'm ****ing sleep, but it was inevitable a bad take was going to hit the pass. I'll just wait for the next guy, maybe summer will wake me up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Done via twitter a the image uploader is a bit borked for me here.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Considering the Precedent of New Fighters from Games After Smash's Release would've been disproven in FP1, I'm thinking our only Third Party left is Ryu Hayabusa. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I'm probably not considering how Hayabusa still has all of his current evidence, but if he gets Mii'd I'm going to go full DFO Mode when it comes to Smash Speculation considering that's the Third Party I think is most likely after Ryu Hayabusa.

SKX31

Smash Master
Okay, so my thoughts on Mythril Pyrotechnician, the character:

* At first I got the impression that this was the return of Zelda / Shiek. Apparently they do share some normals, but we'll simply have to see how much they share.

* I'm going to go on a limb here and say: same general rules as for any swordie. It's difficult to tell how they'd play without seeing the Sakurai Presents just yet, but chances are pretty good that they'll be much more in-your-face and perhaps have Specials that encourage mind games and switching consistently between the two. Some of those are going to be commital, which is where the normals likely come in to cover those. Another weakness might be that they're somewhat tall but also light - probably not as light as :ultkirby: and :ultsephiroth: though.

* As someone who's never played XC2 or any XC game, I'm going to base my opinions of them entirely on if the duo can out-hype Shulk in gameplay. Or have some disrespectful kill option off stage like the DBZ teleports Mythra does (The Photon Edge). :4pacman:

* Nah seriously, good for Sakurai and co. to bring a twist. A ton of people were expecting Rex like crazy, and I'm presuming that Sakurai had a good reason why he's "relegated" to FS material. Going out on another limb here, he tried to imagine Rex + Pyra, but couldn't get the modelling to work.

RIP Rex and Elma though. Gone but never forgotten.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I can speak for all of us that we're now waiting for the Stubbs the Zombie Mii Costume.

would you rather everyone be brainwashed slaves with surveillance everywhere? just sayin', thats what woulda happened if Order won
Oh right, you either had to choose Squid of the North Star or Splat Runner for the next game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom