• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Are you all ready for a good old fashioned Conspiracy Theory? I don’t believe this for a second, but its fun.
We’ve seen this image. All about how gaming icons were made and released in the holdiay of 2001.
You know what else happened in 2001? A space odyssey.
And who is the the big bad in that movie? That's right, HAL, the namesake of the company who made Smash Bros.
And what is HAL? An AI.
Then if we simply remove games with an A or I in their name from Shinobi's post, you get:

That's right. Isaac from Golden Sun is in!

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The way I see it is that if the traditional direct is back, then there will be another one in June. But the thing is though is there could a long gap between when CP9 and the June Direct will be. Which makes me wonder if we could see CP10 in late May potentially depending on when CP9 is released. Because right now the gap between characters is shorter than Min Min and Steve now. So Volume 2 is likely to end in the summer or early fall.

So I'm thinking either two reveals in tomorrow's direct or 2 in E3 TBH. Of course there's the still the possibility of a shadowdropped Sakurai Presents as well for CP10 or 11 .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anyway, depending who is revealed, I got an easy potential avatar setup.

Otherwise, I still got some to work with. White-Haired Pretty Girl(using Shannon Stork from Quest 64), and two OC's. All happen to be female.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Moving on...

I personally want Shantae to join tomorrow, but I don't expect her to be in. Personally I don't know what to expect, we have nothing to go off of, other than "new character". So my expectation is no expectations.

I think the best thing is to hype responsibly. Of course if your most wanted gets in, go ahead and celebrate. Just remember to be polite, regardless of the outcome.

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
Man I have not been in here in a while. Any “big time leaks” fake or real that happened since sepithroth. And is there any general consensus on what the fighter tomorrow could be?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay, how about this:

We pretend this is a hint, even though it probably isn't.
Can't wait for the Fire Emblem Spin-Off known as "Advance Wars : The Emblem of Fire".
You guys think we'll get a blue haired protagonist? :dedede:

Shroob

Sup?
The way I see it is that if the traditional direct is back, then there will be another one in June. But the thing is though is there could a long gap between when CP9 and the June Direct will be. Which makes me wonder if we could see CP10 in late May potentially depending on when CP9 is released. Because right now the gap between characters is shorter than Min Min and Steve now. So Volume 2 is likely to end in the summer or early fall.

So I'm thinking either two reveals in tomorrow's direct or 2 in E3 TBH. Of course there's the still the possibility of a shadowdropped Sakurai Presents as well for CP10 or 11 .
Depends if we're even getting CP9 released relatively soon.

If it's held off to say, late March, then we'd be more or less on schedule.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I think the best thing is to hype responsibly. Of course if your most wanted gets in, go ahead and celebrate. Just remember to be polite, regardless of the outcome.
It's official. Master Chief is in. Pack it up boys. Also Geno fans smell like farts.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Okay, how about this:

Oh snap did IS discover a way to make tanks datable in the game? I remember them saying that was a roadblock to future Advance Wars games. :bowsette:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I haven't been keeping up, so can someone fill me in?

I heard about this "hoho" tweet Sakurai made, what conclusions have been made about the tweet, whether it means anything and what character it could be for?

and has there also been hints made by insiders?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I haven't been keeping up, so can someone fill me in?

I heard about this "hoho" tweet Sakurai made, what conclusions have been made about the tweet, whether it means anything and what character it could be for?

and has there also been hints made by insiders?
no insider hints yet

ppl suspect the hoho could mean:
- something more than just a character like POSSIBLY pass 3 being announced
AND/OR
- Reimu in Smash, cause he uses some words in Japanese that rhyme with "Touhou"

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
How would everyone feel about an echo pack announced tomorrow? With returning stages of course.

I think we'll get a character but what if they announce something else for Smash?

Shroob

Sup?
no insider hints yet

ppl suspect the hoho could mean:
- something more than just a character like POSSIBLY pass 3 being announced
AND/OR
- Reimu in Smash, cause he uses some words in Japanese that rhyme with "Touhou"
Pass 3 being announced barely in the midway point....

I mean... sure, it's not impossible but like..... eh?

Pillow

Smash Lord
How would everyone feel about an echo pack announced tomorrow? With returning stages of course.

I think we'll get a character but what if they announce something else for Smash?
I'm always down for more echoes. I'll buy them if the price isn't outrageous, though there aren't too many characters I want that could conceivably be echoes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

i doubt it'd be a new mode as he said home run was basically the last new one, and i doubt a minor addition to an existing mode would be this fanfare-worthy

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Some say it'll be because post-FP1 fighters were confirmed to be a thing after Terry, the forth fighter of FP1. But I say the announcement was done alongside Terry because he was the second-to-last fighter, not the forth.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Okay, how about this:

That is clearly a confirmation that the entire AW and GS franchises are getting ported to switch and they are both getting characters in smash and new games.

what do you mean those 2 series are popular and people want them back and it's been a consistent thing since their last games?

you're also gonna tell me that Insiders and leakers are people with their own opinions and desires and they aren't always cryptic?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
i doubt it'd be a new mode as he said home run was basically the last new one, and i doubt a minor addition to an existing mode would be this fanfare-worthy
I mean, why is there fanfare, outside of him telling us to "Tune in for Smash!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Smash, but speculating on a laugh is kinda silly until we know the intention behind it, if there is any.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
well that happened, anyway my most wanted is probably Arle now.

I want her to have some of her spells and other moves from mado mongatari that would be pretty cool, maybe she could steel some spell's from other puyo puyo characters, and she has to have carbuncle with her, realistically though, she would probably throw puyo's around or something like that which is a shame, i doubt there would be any mado monogatari representation at all.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
You know what else happened in 2001? A space odyssey.
And who is the the big bad in that movie? That's right, HAL, the namesake of the company who made Smash Bros.
And what is HAL? An AI.
Then if we simply remove games with an A or I in their name from Shinobi's post, you get:

That's right. Isaac from Golden Sun is in!
Or Golden Sun and The Lost Age are remade as one complete game. :B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom