• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
What is he gonna say, because Sakruai didn't say Little Mac got in because it was an anniversary.
Maybe, I can't find info on why he was chosen only that he was announced during his anniversary. It may or may not have anything to do with it. The world may never know
8907fc5d3f477e74436d6336ec220fc5.jpg

SKX31

Smash Master
I have to wonder.

Are you guys feeling it's a first party or a third party tomorrow?
Beats me really. If I had to choose, third party just due to sheer numbers, but could go either way.

I'd hesitate to call haptic feedback an advancement, at least in its current form. It usually detracts from the game in my experience.
Yeah, I get that. Was mainly talking the implementation as a concept. It's still early days, but still, it's a valid point that the technology as implemented might not be entirely a good thing.

But he only says to start the party. He doesn't say what party. Perhaps it's all parties.
Dante probably avoids the ones on animated Titanics though. Too many anachronistic rapping dogs on early 20th century ships for his taste.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe, I can't find info on why he was chosen only that he was announced during his anniversary. It may or may not have anything to do with it. The world may never know
View attachment 303464
If you can't find the info, it's more likely not than is. It doesn't even support your theory in the slightest. You're like Banjo supporters who were a whole year off just because they were certain it was going to be on the 20th anniversary because he was just so special wecial. :239:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last character in FP2 steps in your path

They’ve mentioned Smash specifically, they wouldn’t do that just for a teaser of another Presentation. At the very least, I think we’ll see the character. But the wording of the Smash info & Sakurai’s smug Tweet makes me think it’ll be a bit more than the next character too. Either FP3 or a new mode.
Didn’t he say Home run was the last new mode?

he could make minor additions to existing modes but I don’t think that’s so fanfare worthy as he seems to be hyping up

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There are quite a few advancements - haptic feedback for example - but the fact that the advancements are no longer obvious to the naked eye test is the issue. Not as obvious as going SNES to N64 or N64 to GCN. And really, the comes a point where human eyes and brains stop noticing the difference between lets say 8K and 16K. And I'm assuming that nanomachines, cybernetics and gene-enhancement techs (which are some other major cans of worms in themselves) are not going to be widely used amongst us humans within this decade. Even as all three are being researched on as we speak.

Games-wise, Miles Morales and Astro's is doing pretty well, although Halo Infinite was delayed and a lot of focus has been on getting the best possible ecosystems up and running first. That + the console shortages might be major reasons why the transition has not been "hype".
All true but I meant in the sense of there being a seismic shift in how the industry itself is. Maybe it just feels that way to me because the wild-card, Nintendo, already started their new gen with the Switch and neither Sony nor Microsoft want to compete with them. Sony because it can't accept it was the reason the Vita flopped and XBox because they've never done handheld consoles. Heck, they even made games for the DS.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Are you all ready for a good old fashioned Conspiracy Theory? I don’t believe this for a second, but its fun.
We’ve seen this image. All about how gaming icons were made and released in the holdiay of 2001. If we were to take this as a hint for a Smash, it presumably mean something on the image is coming to Smash. Right?
WRONG! It actually is a hint that tells us everything on the image isn’t coming. And that we need to think outside the box (literally) to find the new fighter. But who else had a massive game release in the Holiday of 2001?
I’ll tell you who!
D279DBF8-664C-4A7E-9DB3-F88E033D58B5.png

Thats Wright! I’ve managed to BS my way into more excuses to simp for Ace Attorney!
...I don’t know why I made this.
God its fun to make conspiracy theories.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm not expecting a Pokemon game to be announced tomorrow. If anything. Expect a pokemon direct.

We all know Pokemon likes to play by its own rules when it comes to announcements. If we are getting a big pokemon game this year, which seems increasingly likely, it would probably be announced not in this direct. The most I can expect from Pokemon game wise is an announcement of an announcement.

The only thing I am going to bet on is a Kirby game that will essentially be RTD 5 and it will be just as RTD as the last RTD.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Are you all ready for a good old fashioned Conspiracy Theory? I don’t believe this for a second, but its fun.
We’ve seen this image. All about how gaming icons were made and released in the holdiay of 2001. If we were to take this as a hint for a Smash, it presumably mean something on the image is coming to Smash. Right?
WRONG! It actually is a hint that tells us everything on the image isn’t coming. And that we need to think outside the box (literally) to find the new fighter. But who else had a massive game release in the Holiday of 2001?
I’ll tell you who!
View attachment 303465
Thats Wright! I’ve managed to BS my way into more excuses to simp for Ace Attorney!
My conspiracy theory is that shinobi is hinting at Master Chief and Isaac, because those are the characters that I personally want.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Wow this thread really blew up after the direct announcement.

Anyway, I'm hoping for Dante or Vergil, but I'm definitely not holding my breath. Honestly, I'm expecting a JRPG protagonist.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’ll tell you who!
View attachment 303465
Are you insane? Just going to pretend the icon that is Luigi from Luigi's Mansion? Biases, I swear, Sephiroth all over again.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If Shinobi is hinting at anything at all, it's really just the MCC for Switch finally coming.

SKX31

Smash Master

The image is obviously a tease for when SSX Tricky gets its representative into Smash. :4pacman:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
If you can't find the info, it's more likely not than is. It doesn't even support your theory in the slightest. You're like Banjo supporters who were a whole year off just because they were certain it was going to be on the 20th anniversary because he was just so special wecial. :239:
I can only hide the pain when I wear my shades :2gud:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I honestly wonder if I'm the only one who feels we're not getting the next character revealed tomorrow and just when it will get revealed and its release date...

Yes, this is the pessimism talk in me.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Maybe? Pokemon is kind of a contentious topic because of the SwSh Spirit Event a while back. Those are usually considered death sentences, but some argue that it was early enough to be reversed or that Pokemon is too big a series. It's not helped that some who predict a Gen 8 rep speak of it negatively, so people get tired of all the complaining and doomposting (Which also ends up causing problems those who just want to be hopeful about their wants).

So yeah. It's a real divisive topic and there's people on both sides.
I think SWSH is in more of a gray area because of how bare minimum the spirits are. Theres wayyy more than enough room to include characters like hop and pokemon like sirfetch'd. There also is no spirits for the final evolutions. Cinderace, Toxtricity, rillaboom, the one that looks like gex, and that weird club penguin looking card jitsu dlc pokemon are all viable for cp9 and later.

However, with the pokemon anniversary in place, it's a good time for them to put a non swsh pokemon rep. Idk man, honestly idk lmao

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I honestly wonder if I'm the only one who feels we're not getting the next character revealed tomorrow and just when it will get revealed and its release date...

That would make more sense if we weren't only a month or two from the character's probable release. They're definitely in a state that can be shown.

SKX31

Smash Master
Okay but Gooigi would be such a dumb choice that it'd be amazing.
As long as Gooigi doesn't have the Zero-to-deaths off of a grab I'm fully okay with it.

(Because I swear, a lot of Luigi players fish for them at early % when those zero-to-death combos work FFS.)

Sooo... this means tomorrow's character DOESN'T tackle people? :4pacman:
It's only right to use football logic and conclude that the character dribbles instead :4pacman: .

So considering this is a full-blown Direct, and not a presentation like The Game Awards

Wonder if ****'ll leak sometime tomorrow, like, right on the verge of it happening.
I'm giving the chance of that happening at close to a coin toss (50 %), because we're talking about a Direct that tons of Nintendo fans will watch out of near-reverence to the fact that Directs are back.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Why would we not get a character reveal in a 50-minute Direct?

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice

remember that trailers are done super early but they've been holding them so they can release a week after. Sephiroths trailer was done pre ff7 remake

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
In terms of big first-party releases, I'm not expecting to see much tomorrow outside of some 3D Zelda rereleases for the 35th, the 3D Kirby alluded to in Fighters' code, possibly the Fire Emblem remake that began development on the 3DS, and possibly some kind of Mario spin-off like Mario Golf.

I do think we'll be getting BotW 2 and some stuff for Pokemon's 25th, but those will be shown off at E3 and a dedicated Pokemon direct at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom